Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Irma Travel Waivers -- 5 Sept - 17 Sept all Florida airports (see wiki for others)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
travel waivers

Update: 30 Sept 2017 1030 EDT - Two versions of the waiver extending either through April 02, 2018 (currently posted to the Travel Advisories page) - OR - the original revision through September 27, 2018 (which had no reissue end date as well):

Update: 15 Sept 2017 1030 EDT - Free 1st & 2nd bags Ends September 15, 2017:

Update: 12 Sept 2017 1435 EDT - Waiver Extended for Caribbean Islands:

Update: 10 Sept 2017 2215 EDT - Update to Florida Operational Plan:

Update: 09 Sept 2017 1430 EDT - Waiver Extended cover more airports in Southeast USA and Update to Florida Operational Plan:

Update: 08 Sept 2017 1500/1645 EDT - Waiver Reorganized and (Some Airports/Regions) Extended to 30-Sept-2017 and Rebook through 15-Nov-2017:

Update: 07 Sept 2017 1650 EDT - Multi-Checked Bag Fee Waiver + ANU, STT and SXM added:

Update: 07 Sept 2017 1630 EDT - United Operations Plan for Florida (08 Sept 17 - 11 Sept 17):

Update: 07 Sept 2017 1345 EDT - SAV and CHS added:

Update: 06 Sept 2017 1740 EDT - Waiver extended to include All Florida Airports to 17 September 2017.

Update: 05 Sept 2017 1530 EDT - Waiver extended to include HAV, NAS, POP, PUJ, STI, SDQ and to 09 September 2017.

Previous waiver
Irma Puerto travel waiver

Print Wikipost

Irma Travel Waivers -- 5 Sept - 17 Sept all Florida airports (see wiki for others)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
DELee - thanks for all of your updates so far, they are appreciated. Have you received anything new re: TPA? Their operational plan has to have changed by now. It looks like everything has been cancelled for Sun but wasn't sure what the plan for Mon and beyond is. I'm supposed to fly back on Thurs and hoping all is settled by then. The original posted plan showed TPA operating but obviously with the change in track that has changed.

Separately - it looks like UA added various flights to RSW/MCO/FLL today and is tweaking departure times on a couple of flights for tomorrow already. Nothing like seeing "Estimated departure 1 hour early"!
Old Sep 8, 2017, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
DELee - thanks for all of your updates so far, they are appreciated. Have you received anything new re: TPA? Their operational plan has to have changed by now. It looks like everything has been cancelled for Sun but wasn't sure what the plan for Mon and beyond is. I'm supposed to fly back on Thurs and hoping all is settled by then. The original posted plan showed TPA operating but obviously with the change in track that has changed.

Separately - it looks like UA added various flights to RSW/MCO/FLL today and is tweaking departure times on a couple of flights for tomorrow already. Nothing like seeing "Estimated departure 1 hour early"!
TPA's Twitter is showing that they plan to cease commercial airline ops @ 8 pm Saturday. What happens after that will be up to Irma.

David
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by DELee

Originally Posted by oblisk
UA just cancelled tomorrow am's RSW-EWR flight (UA1534), my boss was supposed to be on it.
I'll ask anyway - is that good or bad?

David
It's not ideal for my firm, but ideal for my boss's state of mind.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oblisk
It's not ideal for my firm, but ideal for my boss's state of mind.
So your boss is happy to be in Florida when Irma arrives?

David
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: 08-Sept-2017 1500 EDT - Waiver reorganized and (some) extended through 30-Sept-2017 (for now)

Update: 08-Sept 2017 1600 EDT - Rebooking through November 15, 2017

David
Attached Images   

Last edited by DELee; Sep 8, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Nat'l Exec
I noticed that the last flights today from MIA & FLL to DEN, ORD, and EWR all left with many many open seats. I thought flights were sold out???? I would have thought they would have departed full...
Old Sep 9, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CObigtimefan
I noticed that the last flights today from MIA & FLL to DEN, ORD, and EWR all left with many many open seats. I thought flights were sold out???? I would have thought they would have departed full...
Prices they are charging plus the fact they now saying Miami area will be spared the worst now.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: 09-Sept-2017 1430 EDT - Waiver extended to cover additional cities in SE US as well as additional current FL ops plan info.

David
Attached Images   
Old Sep 9, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: WN, UA, AA
Finally a descent human language in the waver:

"For wholly rescheduled travel departing after November 15, 2017, or for a change in departure or destination city, the change fee will be waived, but a difference in fare may apply. Rescheduled travel must be completed within one year from the date when the ticket was issued."

Thank you United. Please do this from now on at the onset of the disaster and not after Department of Transportation starts looking at price gouging allegations.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 1:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lvovsky
Finally a descent human language in the waver:

"For wholly rescheduled travel departing after November 15, 2017, or for a change in departure or destination city, the change fee will be waived, but a difference in fare may apply. Rescheduled travel must be completed within one year from the date when the ticket was issued."
That has been standard UA rescheduled waiver wording for a long time, check previous waivers.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: WN, UA, AA
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
That has been standard UA rescheduled waiver wording for a long time, check previous waivers.
Not until yesterday/Friday. Look at your own post on the first page of this thread.

Regardless, I'm glad they have it now. My flights are taken care of Thursday. Was it because I'm Platinum? I don't know. But know everyone will catch a break.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Not until yesterday/Friday. Look at your own post on the first page of this thread. ...
There a two types of travel waivers, the one that allows any fare class -- used in the most disruptive situations and the one that charges a fare difference used in the more normal 1 or 2 day events. UA tends to open with the fare class re--faring but in major events will go to the any fare class. The is an established history of that pattern.

See the previous http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...fects-iah.html for a recent example

same wording http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27142021-post9.html

Different phrasing, same policy http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...15-17-feb.html {2015}

... My flights are taken care of Thursday. ....
Glad things worked out.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 9, 2017 at 2:11 pm Reason: previous examples
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: 10-Sept-2017 2215PM EDT - United's FL Operation Plans

David
Attached Images  
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Originally Posted by DELee
Update: 10-Sept-2017 2215PM EDT - United's FL Operation Plans

David
FLL airport made no commitment when they will reopen so how can UA commit to operating latter today.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
FLL airport made no commitment when they will reopen so how can UA commit to operating latter today.
Typically careless, dishonest UA...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.