Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Australia GS/1K Customer Appreciation Cocktail Event

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, 1K 2MM

Just back from a camping trip and found waiting in my email inbox an invitation from United to a members appreciation cocktail event to be held on September 27 in Sydney for Aussie GS and 1K members. Over the years United periodically has held these events in Sydney. This will be the first that I have been able to attend and would be great to meet up with any other Aussie based UA FTers planning on attending.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
Hey! We'll be in Sydney that night. Do you think they'd let two Hawaii based 1Ks in??
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
Originally Posted by IainC
Just back from a camping trip and found waiting in my email inbox an invitation from United to a members appreciation cocktail event to be held on September 27 in Sydney for Aussie GS and 1K members. Over the years United periodically has held these events in Sydney. This will be the first that I have been able to attend and would be great to meet up with any other Aussie based UA FTers planning on attending.
I got an invite as well, first time UA has ever invited me to one of these events... I was meant to fly out the morning of the 27th to KUL for the F1 but am now moving the outbound to the 28th just for this :-)
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA GS; Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott, Hyatt; Hertz
Damn ... will be in Adelaide ... and not in Sydney until days later.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mmack
Hey! We'll be in Sydney that night. Do you think they'd let two Hawaii based 1Ks in??
You never know they might. I would contact them and ask: [email protected]

Originally Posted by LordTentacle
I got an invite as well, first time UA has ever invited me to one of these events... I was meant to fly out the morning of the 27th to KUL for the F1 but am now moving the outbound to the 28th just for this :-)
Excellent, will be nice to see you again! I hope Annie will be attending to liven up the party!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 3, 2017 at 9:28 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member; please use multi-quote
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
I was invited last year and it was a really nice event, and held at a really nice venue. Didn't get an invite this year, even though I've kept 1K and nearly requalified for 2018 though... disappointing. I wonder if it would be cheeky to email them and ask for an invite?

By the way, Annie announced her retirement last year, haven't flown UA since June so I'm not sure if she finished up yet. What a star... she'll be missed!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:55 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
I was invited last year and it was a really nice event, and held at a really nice venue. Didn't get an invite this year, even though I've kept 1K and nearly requalified for 2018 though... disappointing. I wonder if it would be cheeky to email them and ask for an invite?

By the way, Annie announced her retirement last year, haven't flown UA since June so I'm not sure if she finished up yet. What a star... she'll be missed!
I ran into her at SYD a few months ago. Gave me no indication of retiring.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Saw her last Tuesday & had a nice chat.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
You never know they might. I would contact them and ask: [email protected]

Excellent, will be nice to see you again! I hope Annie will be attending to liven up the party!
Hi Yes, United extended an invitation to us! See you there!

Mary
Old Sep 11, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: Southwest ALP, United 2MM Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I attended the Melbourne event last December, very nice food and beverage offering. A nice gesture by United for the Australian GS/1K community. Highly recommend one takes advantage of the invitation.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 5:51 am
Original Poster

The United event in Sydney tonight was a splendid occasion and best of all Annie was in attendance and I can assure you she has no intention of retiring soon! In fact she and her team are gearing up with great excitement for the addition of the new SYD-IAH route which commences next January. It was great to meet so many Aussie GS and 1K companions at the function as well as fellow FTer MMACK and husband who happened to be visiting from Kauai, so glad you could make it and safe travels back home tomorrow! Many thanks and kudos to United for this very thoughtful and well organised event of appreciation.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
The United event in Sydney tonight was a splendid occasion and best of all Annie was in attendance and I can assure you she has no intention of retiring soon! In fact she and her team are gearing up with great excitement for the addition of the new SYD-IAH route which commences next January. It was great to meet so many Aussie GS and 1K companions at the function as well as fellow FTer MMACK and husband who happened to be visiting from Kauai, so glad you could make it and safe travels back home tomorrow! Many thanks and kudos to United for this very thoughtful and well organised event of appreciation.
Great news!
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, VA Plat, EY Gold
No love for us non-sydneysiders ��
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by jumpingenes
No love for us non-sydneysiders ��
Last one was in MEL, and that's it for UA in Oz. What do you expect?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
i wish UA would do this in YYZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.