FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   No fares available - guidance requested (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1864400-no-fares-available-guidance-requested.html)

BasedinCLE Aug 31, 2017 9:49 am

No fares available - guidance requested

2 Attachment(s)
Hello all - I'm sure the nature of this question has been discussed ad nauseam, but I've not been able to find a thread to put my question in after searching for 15 minutes. Anyway...

I booked the flight CLE-EWR-BHX / LHR-IAD-CLE in business. I need to book the same itinerary for another person; however, Concur and United.com are showing no business fares available for the CLE-EWR-BHX segment. I'm only given the option of economy (U). In expert mode, there are business class inventory buckets available - see below. For the one flight I was able to purchase, I'm in Y for the CLE-EWR segment and D for the EWR-BHX segment. The first segment is on a RJ145 while the second segment is on a B752.

I know expert mode is not 100% indicative of seats available for purchase, but can I assume that a seat will open up? While I have the ability to change my flight, it will result in a very long layover at EWR - which I would like to avoid.

Am I reading expert mode inventory buckets incorrectly? Is there some other way I can structure my search to get the business class seat? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PTahCha Aug 31, 2017 10:01 am

On United.com, search under economy fare, and it will offer business class options by default.

Michael D Aug 31, 2017 10:45 am

Originally Posted by BasedinCLE (Post 28760244)
Hello all - I'm sure the nature of this question has been discussed ad nauseam, but I've not been able to find a thread to put my question in after searching for 15 minutes. Anyway...

I booked the flight CLE-EWR-BHX / LHR-IAD-CLE in business. I need to book the same itinerary for another person; however, Concur and United.com are showing no business fares available for the CLE-EWR-BHX segment. I'm only given the option of economy (U). In expert mode, there are business class inventory buckets available - see below. For the one flight I was able to purchase, I'm in Y for the CLE-EWR segment and D for the EWR-BHX segment. The first segment is on a RJ145 while the second segment is on a B752.

I know expert mode is not 100% indicative of seats available for purchase, but can I assume that a seat will open up? While I have the ability to change my flight, it will result in a very long layover at EWR - which I would like to avoid.

Am I reading expert mode inventory buckets incorrectly? Is there some other way I can structure my search to get the business class seat? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Call United and tell them you are unable to book your flight online. ???
If there is ask them to waive it as you cannot book it online.

50Kthehardway Aug 31, 2017 11:06 am

Originally Posted by BasedinCLE (Post 28760244)
rching for 15 minutes.

I booked the flight CLE-EWR-BHX / LHR-IAD-CLE in business. I need to book the same itinerary for another person; however, Concur and United.com are showing no business fares available for the CLE-EWR-BHX segment.

I've had similar issues with Concur to book J to TPE from CLE. For United, it only shows economy, even when United.com shows inventory. Concur does ok with India. When I call the corporate TA, they see correct inventory and can book it. Bit of a pain for trip planning / costing though.

I submitted a complaint via our TA and now the SFO-TPE shows up as J, but from CLE to SFO, it's in the back.

findark Aug 31, 2017 12:39 pm

Dates?

BasedinCLE Aug 31, 2017 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by findark (Post 28761002)
Dates?

Flying out ex-CLE on September 16; flying back ex-LHR on September 24.

findark Aug 31, 2017 1:31 pm

Best I can tell, in order to delegate the D fare to Y on the single-cabin segment, it needs to validate Y space on that segment alone. But...

Code:

16SEP17 CLEEWR UA4255: Y0 .. N0
You could try yelling at the rate desk, but you might be out of luck until there is Y space for you on that segment.

Often1 Aug 31, 2017 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by 50Kthehardway (Post 28760605)
I've had similar issues with Concur to book J to TPE from CLE. For United, it only shows economy, even when United.com shows inventory. Concur does ok with India. When I call the corporate TA, they see correct inventory and can book it. Bit of a pain for trip planning / costing though.

I submitted a complaint via our TA and now the SFO-TPE shows up as J, but from CLE to SFO, it's in the back.

Concur is just compliance software which your employer licenses for use by your TA. It is programmable at your employer's direction. E.g., booking premium tickets, refundable, or whatever.

What you may be seeing are broken fares. Simplest is to call UA and ask for the ticket to be quoted. UA will not charge a phone fee for tickets which can't be booked online.

bhunt Aug 31, 2017 2:18 pm

Part of the issue the equipment? RJ145 does it have First/business seat?

BThumme Aug 31, 2017 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by bhunt (Post 28761458)
Part of the issue the equipment? RJ145 does it have First/business seat?

Not quite. As mentioned above the CLE-EWR segement would book into Y, but the flight is apparently showing Y0 for that flight if you were to just look CLE-EWR.