FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Archive thread What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Thanks, United forum Moderators.

Print Wikipost

What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?

Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?

IAH-CDG
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
LAX-TLV
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
According to RoutesOnline, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) is encouraging B6 and UA to start Bay Area to Buffalo. For UA, that would be SFO-BUF...would be very surprised if that one comes about. I am sure the ask is more centered around constituent requests in upstate NY, but some of the discussion (as it being a cheaper way to get to Toronto) simply isn't appealing IMO - having done the drive from Buffalo to Toronto, it's not a terribly interesting drive, and there are plenty of opportunities to hit traffic as you come around the western edge of Lake Ontario.

On an unrelated note, I'd love it if UA could find a way to start EWR-PPT on a seasonal 3x weekly basis - not sure what the loads out of SFO are, but a direct flight from EWR shows up around 6300 miles, which would be well within the range of a Dreamliner.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
SLC-IAD
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
EWR-PEK
SS255 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
On an unrelated note, I'd love it if UA could find a way to start EWR-PPT on a seasonal 3x weekly basis - not sure what the loads out of SFO are, but a direct flight from EWR shows up around 6300 miles, which would be well within the range of a Dreamliner.
SFO-PPT was started to defend the hub and drive the French Bee PPT route under, not because it's profitable.
jsloan likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by findark
SFO-PPT was started to defend the hub and drive the French Bee PPT route under, not because it's profitable.
But I would imagine the fact they made it year-round, instead of keeping the original seasonal scheduling, means there is some success? (I would think)
N104UA likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 7:36 am

Programs: UA
ORD to XIY
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by findark
Not just the French Bee (BF) PPT route, but their ORY-SFO flight. I suspect UA was none too happy that BF was going toe-to-toe with UA's CDG-SFO service.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:13 am

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by jsloan
Not just the French Bee (BF) PPT route, but their ORY-SFO flight. I suspect UA was none too happy that BF was going toe-to-toe with UA's CDG-SFO service.
I originally thought that the SFO-PPT would be a neat option until I realized that I would have to rely on UAX to get up to SFO, which these days is not an easy feat. So, I'm sticking to TN and AF.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:01 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
A few reasonable connect-the-dots longhaul adds I'd like to see for UA:

EWR-GIG/TPE/ICN/WAW*/BUD*
ORD-TLV
IAD-MXP/ATH*
IAH-ZRH/CDG/OGG
SFO-GRU/FCO*

* seasonal

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
RTW on 1 metal is dead, unless Emirates decides they want to run a 5th freedom flight from Asia to non-US N/S America.
EK is a huge reason why RTW is dead... there is so much capacity/competition over the EU-South/Southeast Asia traffic flow that the 'connector' segment (e.g., LHR-DEL/HKG) would hemorrhage so much cash as to render the rest of the operation grossly unprofitable.

The closest UA can do now is EWR-DEL-SFO-EWR, which, while polar and not a true circumnavigation, is still pretty cool.
WrightBro likes this.

Last edited by EWR764; Feb 12, 2020 at 8:08 am
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by EWR764
The closest UA can do now is EWR-DEL-SFO-EWR, which, while polar and not a true circumnavigation, is still pretty cool.
Not all UA metal, but something like ewr-iah-hnl-maj-kwa-ksa-pni-tkk-gum-hkg Then del/tlv-ewr is a bit closer to circumnavigation or half at least.

As for routes, I wish there were more current UA EWR-Europe and SFO-asia options available from ORD
EWR764 likes this.

Last edited by eng3; Feb 12, 2020 at 8:40 am
Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
SFO-BOM on a 77W. If this ever started, I would gladly become a weekly regular on this flight out of my own pocket.
SFO_LOW_CLOUDS likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 1P
For YOW-ORD, that article says "50 seaters" but is that ERJ-145 or CRJ-550? (or CRJ-220...)

That flight is coming back just a month after I needed it
Antonio8069 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Anything else outside of North America on UA. They just announced they are upgrading LHR, NRT, and FRA to a 789.

How about DEN-AMS

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.