FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1863367-what-route-s-do-you-wish-ua-flew.html)

Air Houston Jan 13, 2020 9:53 pm

What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?

IAH-CDG

ContinentalFan Jan 13, 2020 10:05 pm

LAX-TLV

PsiFighter37 Feb 2, 2020 11:02 am

According to RoutesOnline, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) is encouraging B6 and UA to start Bay Area to Buffalo. For UA, that would be SFO-BUF...would be very surprised if that one comes about. I am sure the ask is more centered around constituent requests in upstate NY, but some of the discussion (as it being a cheaper way to get to Toronto) simply isn't appealing IMO - having done the drive from Buffalo to Toronto, it's not a terribly interesting drive, and there are plenty of opportunities to hit traffic as you come around the western edge of Lake Ontario.

On an unrelated note, I'd love it if UA could find a way to start EWR-PPT on a seasonal 3x weekly basis - not sure what the loads out of SFO are, but a direct flight from EWR shows up around 6300 miles, which would be well within the range of a Dreamliner.

Air Houston Feb 2, 2020 8:29 pm

SLC-IAD

narvik Feb 2, 2020 11:38 pm

EWR-PEK

findark Feb 3, 2020 7:31 am

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 (Post 32024077)
On an unrelated note, I'd love it if UA could find a way to start EWR-PPT on a seasonal 3x weekly basis - not sure what the loads out of SFO are, but a direct flight from EWR shows up around 6300 miles, which would be well within the range of a Dreamliner.

SFO-PPT was started to defend the hub and drive the French Bee PPT route under, not because it's profitable.

PsiFighter37 Feb 3, 2020 7:34 am

Originally Posted by findark (Post 32026924)
SFO-PPT was started to defend the hub and drive the French Bee PPT route under, not because it's profitable.

But I would imagine the fact they made it year-round, instead of keeping the original seasonal scheduling, means there is some success? (I would think)

vaguba Feb 3, 2020 7:36 am

ORD to XIY

jsloan Feb 3, 2020 9:06 am

Originally Posted by findark (Post 32026924)

Not just the French Bee (BF) PPT route, but their ORY-SFO flight. I suspect UA was none too happy that BF was going toe-to-toe with UA's CDG-SFO service.

fgirard Feb 3, 2020 9:13 am

Originally Posted by jsloan (Post 32027304)
Not just the French Bee (BF) PPT route, but their ORY-SFO flight. I suspect UA was none too happy that BF was going toe-to-toe with UA's CDG-SFO service.

I originally thought that the SFO-PPT would be a neat option until I realized that I would have to rely on UAX to get up to SFO, which these days is not an easy feat. So, I'm sticking to TN and AF.

EWR764 Feb 12, 2020 8:01 am

A few reasonable connect-the-dots longhaul adds I'd like to see for UA:

EWR-GIG/TPE/ICN/WAW*/BUD*
ORD-TLV
IAD-MXP/ATH*
IAH-ZRH/CDG/OGG
SFO-GRU/FCO*

* seasonal

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 (Post 31763028)
RTW on 1 metal is dead, unless Emirates decides they want to run a 5th freedom flight from Asia to non-US N/S America.

EK is a huge reason why RTW is dead... there is so much capacity/competition over the EU-South/Southeast Asia traffic flow that the 'connector' segment (e.g., LHR-DEL/HKG) would hemorrhage so much cash as to render the rest of the operation grossly unprofitable.

The closest UA can do now is EWR-DEL-SFO-EWR, which, while polar and not a true circumnavigation, is still pretty cool.

eng3 Feb 12, 2020 8:35 am

Originally Posted by EWR764 (Post 32063137)
The closest UA can do now is EWR-DEL-SFO-EWR, which, while polar and not a true circumnavigation, is still pretty cool.

Not all UA metal, but something like ewr-iah-hnl-maj-kwa-ksa-pni-tkk-gum-hkg Then del/tlv-ewr is a bit closer to circumnavigation or half at least.

As for routes, I wish there were more current UA EWR-Europe and SFO-asia options available from ORD

flyingrohit Feb 12, 2020 1:02 pm

SFO-BOM on a 77W. If this ever started, I would gladly become a weekly regular on this flight out of my own pocket.

LXFlyer Feb 12, 2020 1:45 pm

For YOW-ORD, that article says "50 seaters" but is that ERJ-145 or CRJ-550? (or CRJ-220...)

That flight is coming back just a month after I needed it :p

N104UA Feb 12, 2020 4:58 pm

Anything else outside of North America on UA. They just announced they are upgrading LHR, NRT, and FRA to a 789.

How about DEN-AMS