FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew [Master thread 2016 onward]. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1863367-what-route-s-do-you-wish-ua-flew-master-thread-2016-onward.html)

sokolov Jan 18, 16 1:53 am

What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew [Master thread 2016 onward].

WhateverinNorthAmerica to VIEnna, Austria.

And direct competition to Air Canada Rouge, for example from LAS. Canadians are looking for alternatives there.

DA201 Jan 31, 16 7:04 pm

Potential New SFO Routes After SIN

Now that United has announced nonstop SFO-SIN service, SFO will gain four new United long haul nonstop destinations in 2016, SIN, TLV, AKL, and XIY. It is unlikely United will announce any more new nonstop services from SFO this year, but they still plan to increase the amount of flights at SFO for at least the next few years. That got me thinking on what new long haul destinations will be announced for 2017/18 (especially 2018 since UA starts receiving its 35 A350-1000's in 2018).

SFO-BKK: UA used to fly NRT-BKK before it decided to just have NH operate the route. A pretty good amount of travelers between BKK and the US.

SFO-SGN: UA flies to SGN from HKG, so canceling SGN-HKG and flying instead SGN-SFO isn't unrealistic.

SFO-MNL: UA flies from MNL to GUM, ROR, and TKK, and currently connects passengers from the US mainland through NRT onto NH metal to fly to MNL. There is a lot of traffic between the US and MNL, Delta currently flies a 747 between MNL and its NRT hub, and PR already flies SFO-MNL nonstop.

SFO-CAN: Guangzhou is a major city in China, but no US airline has a nonstop to CAN because of China Southern's massive operation, which already flies CAN-SFO on a 787. With UA being the most daring of the US airlines in Asia, wouldn't be surprising for them to try a nonstop route in the near future.

SFO-BOM: San Francisco has one of the largest Indian populations of any US city (second largest after NYC if including San Jose). AI recently started a SFO-DEL flight, so avoiding competition and flying to India's largest city seems like the best option for an Indian flight.

If UA wanted to try two routes just a tad farther than SFO-SIN, since the A350-1000 can fly 355 nmi farther than the 787-9, then SFO-KUL and SFO-CGK could be possible.

transportprof Jan 31, 16 7:32 pm

What about SFO-BNE? If AC can make a nonstop from YVR work to BNE, then UA should open up direct flights to Australia's third biggest city, too.

Kmxu Jan 31, 16 7:34 pm

sfo-bribane; sfo-wuhan, sfo-xiamen,sfo-hangzhou,sfo-chonqing,sfo-taizhong,sfo-busan,sfo-fukuoka, some of them just twice-a-week routes or seasonal routes. 787-8 be deployed, instead of 787-9.

PsiFighter37 Jan 31, 16 7:35 pm

Given the current turmoil in the Chinese economy, if be surprised if there's another Chinese route.

I know folks here have been clamping for BKK, but I feel like an India route would make a lot of sense.

mahasamatman Jan 31, 16 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by DA201 (Post 26112588)
SFO-BOM: San Francisco has one of the largest Indian populations of any US city (second largest after NYC if including San Jose). AI recently started a SFO-DEL flight, so avoiding competition and flying to India's largest city seems like the best option for an Indian flight.

I actually think BLR makes more sense based on many Bay Area business models.

NikoGoutakolis Jan 31, 16 9:01 pm

EWR-BGR. It's a route I fly a lot, and since US Express left, there is no Star Alliance route from NYC-BGR.

transportprof Jan 31, 16 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis (Post 26113049)
EWR-BGR. It's a route I fly a lot, and since US Express left, there is no Star Alliance route from NYC-BGR.

Except southbound in the winter, when the 757s doing TATL duty run low on fuel. :p

JayhawkCO Jan 31, 16 11:58 pm

I'm going to pick a weird one:

IAH-LAD-JNB

I have no doubt that United could run a IAH-LAD flight better than Son Air/Atlas Air, and doing an onward flight to make more African connections possible seems like it would be profitable to me. Luanda is almost a direct stop on the Great Circle from IAH-JNB also. Run it three times a week and crush the SonAir flight.

Chris

bmwe92fan Feb 1, 16 1:15 am

I'd take anything to the Nordics - Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway - not picky....

swiftaw Feb 1, 16 1:52 am

ORD-MAN would be very useful for me :)

UA_Flyer Feb 1, 16 2:08 am

IAD to anyone of the three South Florida airports (MIA, FLL, PBI).

belfordrocks Feb 1, 16 5:49 am

Can we get CNS-GUM back? Pretty please?

Wombat1 Feb 1, 16 6:14 am

Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 26112696)
What about SFO-BNE? If AC can make a nonstop from YVR work to BNE, then UA should open up direct flights to Australia's third biggest city, too.

+1

Flyer303 Feb 1, 16 10:42 am

DEN to CDG
DEN to LHR