Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread.
The active thread is What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?
Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
PDX-LAX. Bring it back!

I'd like to see a midday PDX-EWR and vice versa. Right now you have to take a 10am or a 7pm on EWR-PDX. I know the evening flight is timed to meet up with the TATL inbounds but it is still annoying. It's also hard to believe that the 7pm is now an A319.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by chacoun
EWR-DME.

A boy can (continue to) dream!
Not going to happen, Russia has a tiny economy in comparison to most countries where UA flies TATL and there is very little tourism to Russia, UA can route via FRA on LH for those that want to go to PutinLand Russia.

​​​
Old Aug 9, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
On Zach Honig’s Instagram feed (looks like he was at UA HQ yesterday), it sounds like BKK is not coming back anytime soon / not being actively planned. However, it does sound like UA will announce some other new routes pretty soon - unsure if seasonal flights or new year-rounders.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
I'm certain this has been mentioned already, but it bears reiterating if that's the case: IAD-SJC/SJC-IAD.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Nayef
I'm certain this has been mentioned already, but it bears reiterating if that's the case: IAD-SJC/SJC-IAD.
If they couldn’t make EWR-SJC work, I doubt this happens.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
SJC-EWR competed against SFO-EWR, which has nicer (more bearable) aircraft and better seats. If United puts a B757 on SJC-IAD, it might work.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:02 pm

I’m 99.9% sure it will never happen, but I’d love to see UA order the A350-1000ULR and run them on EWR-AKL and EWR-SYD.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I’m 99.9% sure it will never happen, but I’d love to see UA order the A350-1000ULR and run them on EWR-AKL and EWR-SYD.
Is there a A350-1000ULR? I only see the -900ULR.

SQ had to go all-PE in order to make SIN-EWR work, and SYD is 400 miles further. If UA goes with the A350 at all (which I doubt), I suspect it would be the XWB models, not the ULR models.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA LT GS | UA LT Club | Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Kmxu
SJC-EWR competed against SFO-EWR, which has nicer (more bearable) aircraft and better seats. If United puts a B757 on SJC-IAD, it might work.
No shortage of lobbyists flying between Silicon Valley and Washington these days...
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by jsloan

SQ had to go all-PE in order to make SIN-EWR work, and SYD is 400 miles further. If UA goes with the A350 at all (which I doubt), I suspect it would be the XWB models, not the ULR models.
OMAAT posted an article earlier today suggesting -1000ULR announcement is coming soon.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by jsloan

If SYD-NYC can be done nonstop, QF will be the first to try it.

Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly
No shortage of lobbyists flying between Silicon Valley and Washington these days...
...who are perfectly happy to fly SFO-DCA
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
If they couldn’t make EWR-SJC work, I doubt this happens.
My biggest gripe with that flight was it was like once a day and the timings sucked. I had like 12 daily options out of SFO and tons more flexibility in the event of IRROPS.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
ORD-BOM

if Air India can do it....
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by tryathlete
if Air India can do it....
I get the sense that UA is happy to monopolize the TPAC routes (since AA has basically given up) and is satisfied with their current TATL banks out of ORD. AA announced some new seasonal routes out of ORD, but I don't get the sense that UA views them as big competition.

I would think ORD-TLV would be the next route to get started - a bit surprised that UA didn't jump in front of LY starting it, but given UA's relative position of strength for US carriers there, I would imagine it comes along at some point.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA MM
I get the sense that UA is happy to monopolize the TPAC routes (since AA has basically given up) and is satisfied with their current TATL banks out of ORD. AA announced some new seasonal routes out of ORD, but I don't get the sense that UA views them as big competition.

I would think ORD-TLV would be the next route to get started - a bit surprised that UA didn't jump in front of LY starting it, but given UA's relative position of strength for US carriers there, I would imagine it comes along at some point.
The problem for a route like ORD-TLV is lack of suitable aircraft at ORD. For some unknown reason (to me), UA doesn’t fly 787s out of ORD and they aren’t magically going to come up with a few more 772s.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.