Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread.
The active thread is What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?
Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Do folks think UA will bring back LAX-ATL for the Super Bowl? And will they run some one-off BOS-ATL flights as well? I remember that I think they did some special runs for last year’s SB.
Originally Posted by riphamilton
i thought i read somewhere that UA has put a 772 and 737 on BOS-ATL for next weekend (i don't think UA adds anything from PVD, although other airlines will). i would assume that there would be as much lift from LAX since it's a UA hub.

at this point, all airlines probably have excellent demand forecasts for the superbowl ex-BOS (unfortunately!).
They were loaded in this morning when I checked, nonstops from BOS/LAX-ATL and vv on Feb 1 and 4. There's also some "interesting" flights as usual following the game on Sunday, like a 1am-ish to EWR, a 2am to ORD, and a 3:25am to LAX.

They had already previously loaded mainline up-gauges for Feb 1 and Feb 4 - was pleasantly surprised when I booked a trip a few weeks ago that all ORD/IAH flights were mainly which is definitely not the normal case.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA
I hope UA switches Mobile, Alabama service from MOB - Bates Field to BFM (Mobile Downtown). Mobile Downtown Airport opens in May. Its far more convenient for just about everyone. Frontier and Via have already announced they're flying into BFM.

BFM is 15 minutes from Baldwin County, right off the interstate, closer to the city and all around easier. MOB - Bates Field is way out of town in an area with horrid traffic.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Originally Posted by TominLazybrook
I hope UA switches Mobile, Alabama service from MOB - Bates Field to BFM (Mobile Downtown). Mobile Downtown Airport opens in May. Its far more convenient for just about everyone. Frontier and Via have already announced they're flying into BFM.

BFM is 15 minutes from Baldwin County, right off the interstate, closer to the city and all around easier. MOB - Bates Field is way out of town in an area with horrid traffic.
Can we ask for them to also upgauge the 145 to a 175 while we're at it?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
bru-sfo
bru-iah
lux-iad/ewr
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:40 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by brp1264
They upguaged ORD-BHM flights to 175 and they were not selling seats in United First on those flights so it was downguaged after a while (I assume for that reason). Great while it lasted, got upgraded easily every single time. Several times it went out with empty seats in First.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by brp1264
Originally Posted by NoDestinations
They upguaged ORD-BHM flights to 175 and they were not selling seats in United First on those flights so it was downguaged after a while (I assume for that reason). Great while it lasted, got upgraded easily every single time. Several times it went out with empty seats in First.
Be thankful it doesn't switch to a CR2...
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
I didn't even bother hoping for SFO-YYZ or ORD-YHZ last year because I didn't think they would happen but they did!

This year I'm going to aim a bit higher. EWR-DME? One can dream, right?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Den-cdg
den-pek/pvg
den-yxe
den-gso
iad/ord-yng
den-pbi
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
SJC-IAD

Originally Posted by bman1002
SJC-IAD

Would certainly help me reduce the amount of time I spend on 101
Originally Posted by CMK10
I believe United used to fly this. They've been bringing back formerly cancelled SJC routes so I think it's quite possible it'll come back.
Originally Posted by bman1002
That would be great to see, but since they dropped EWR-SJC I am not holding my breath for it.
Originally Posted by halls120
I miss this flight. It was so much more convenient than flying into SFO.
I sat next to UA SJC gm (Rick) during one of my SJC-DEN-BOS flights before Xmas. We talked about likelihood for SJC-LAX , SJC-IAD, SJC-EWR (reinstate) as I prefer SJC smoother operations vs. SFO ATC situations. He said UA only owns 1 gate in SJC and often “borrow” landing gates from other airlines to juggle schedules. He mentioned HQ does assign priority to new route(s) based on business catalyst or competitive response. SJC-EWR was quickly created in response to AS attacking EWR hub, but given the generally lower yields on both AS and UA SJC-EWR flights, and UA needing the planes for other routes, HQ decided to drop it.

With Amazon HQ2 in Crystal City as business catalyst, and UA gate-challenged at SFO-DCA while SFO-IAD has many flights, it is plausible SJC-IAD may be prioritized in 2H2019. I sure hope AS add SJC-IAD to induce UA to add this route even faster
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
LAX-somewhere in Europe with *A partners ... or FCO

If I want to ride UA metal as far as I can to FCO (and I typically do), this usually means building in two stops (one in the US, one in Europe) to get to FCO, particularly in the winter.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1k, 2.3MM Flyer, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by npei

I sat next to UA SJC gm (Rick) during one of my SJC-DEN-BOS flights before Xmas. We talked about likelihood for SJC-LAX , SJC-IAD, SJC-EWR (reinstate) as I prefer SJC smoother operations vs. SFO ATC situations. He said UA only owns 1 gate in SJC and often “borrow” landing gates from other airlines to juggle schedules. He mentioned HQ does assign priority to new route(s) based on business catalyst or competitive response. SJC-EWR was quickly created in response to AS attacking EWR hub, but given the generally lower yields on both AS and UA SJC-EWR flights, and UA needing the planes for other routes, HQ decided to drop it.

With Amazon HQ2 in Crystal City as business catalyst, and UA gate-challenged at SFO-DCA while SFO-IAD has many flights, it is plausible SJC-IAD may be prioritized in 2H2019. I sure hope AS add SJC-IAD to induce UA to add this route even faster
Have been begging for years to see IAD-SJC reinstated. Used to be a nice 7PM take off, landing around 9:30 and a quick rental car and a local hotel. I miss it a lot. Not as interested in SJC back though as that is likely to be a 8AM flight and I rarely waste full days on flights back east so I'll still be stuck on the pinkeye out of SFO. But I love the logic here and am ever hopeful (although always disappointed) that this flight will return.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Originally Posted by NoDestinations
Yeah... I've been flying IAH-PNS instead of MOB as it's a pretty much guaranteed upgrade, and PNS is a nicer airport.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by gcashin
Would like to see UA rebuild some of their presence in Canada. The recent announcements of SFO-YYZ and ORD-YHZ are a good step! A few other gaps to fill:
EWR-YYC (UA metal, offered by AC currently)
EWR-YYT (perhaps summer seasonal given the growing tourism - used to be a year round route before it was cancelled)
LAX-YYC (UA metal, offered by AC currently)
I would like REAL planes from yyz-EWR instead of E145s, And naturally LAX
Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC, Global Entry
Return the Bangkok route
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I'd vote EWR - GCM, or generally EWR - Caribbean. There's occasional service, but UA seems to have ceded daily NYC - Caribbean direct routes to JetBlue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.