Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread.
The active thread is What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?
Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by exerda
I'd be thrilled if they could make IAD-HKG work, but yeah, I just don't see them doing it. It would make getting to southeast Asia from IAD a lot easier (not having to take 7+ hour flights in NH knee-crusher Y or regional J from NRT would be great).
It is a great route to SEA, but the connection banks can be tough, especially on they way back to North America.

ORD/EWR -> HKG -> BKK is great. (Though usually has to be on separate tickets for me)

BKK->HKG->ORD/EWR is a lot tougher due to schedules...

EWR/ORD/IAD/Anywhere -> SFO -> BKK, all on United metal....now that would be awesome.

Last edited by goodeats21; Oct 4, 2018 at 10:36 am Reason: added
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
It's hard to see UA starting EWR - VIE when their *A cousin already flies the route. Also, didn't CO once operate a EWR - BRS flight?
By the same token, UA is flyiing successfully EWR/IAD/SFO-ZRH & EWR/IAD-GVA - despite their LX "partner".
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
LAX-ATL... maybe with E75s or A319s...
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by cesco.g
By the same token, UA is flyiing successfully EWR/IAD/SFO-ZRH & EWR/IAD-GVA - despite their LX "partner".
LX doesn't fly from GVA to any UA city. You're right about the others but those routes have been in existence for many years and obviously can support the traffic. Isn't this about new routes?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
LX doesn't fly from GVA to any UA city. You're right about the others but those routes have been in existence for many years and obviously can support the traffic. Isn't this about new routes?
Well...to get into semantics - the thread title is about wihch routes UA flies. Doesn't have to be a brand-new one; it could be one that was flown in the past.

I would be a big fan of EWR-VIE, but I do think it's unlikely to happen. The fact that OS is intentionally removing J seats from the 763s suggests that it was too easy of an award find and could not support paid J travel at current capacity. I also wouldn't mind UA because I absolutely hated the OS J seats when I flew them earlier this year.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by Kacee
That's one of those totally counter-intuitive routes where ATL-CPT is actually 300 miles longer flight than EWR-CPT. ATL quite a bit farther west than EWR.

Fascinating!!
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:25 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 764toHI
LAX-ATL... maybe with E75s or A319s...
Frontier, Spirit, AA, SW, and of course DL.
Not sure how much market is left for anyone else. And those are going to be low margin fares with 2 ULCC's.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: United, American
TUL-IAD or EWR
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by TULflyer
TUL-IAD or EWR
I think demand would be satisfied by a Cessna Caravan, but UAX doesn't fly 'em.

Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:31 pm

LAS from/to competitor hubs such as PHX, SEA, DFW, MSP. I wonder if constant trade shows could fill direct flights for UA.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
EWR-JNB or EWR-CPT would be great. Currently taking SFO-FRA or SFO-LHR and then flying Lufthansa or BA to those cities.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Looks like TK is (re)starting EWR-IST, so that can be struck from anyone’s list.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since we’re dreaming...

FLG-{DEN, LAX, SFO}
GLP-DEN
GUM-{LAX, SFO}
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by kale73
Since we’re dreaming...

FLG-{DEN, LAX, SFO}
GLP-DEN
GUM-{LAX, SFO}
GUM would be tough, simply because.... Does it count as a "polaris" flight since it's domestic? Do you get access to the lounge for that 14 hour flight? Lol
Old Oct 21, 2018, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by warrenw
GUM would be tough, simply because.... Does it count as a "polaris" flight since it's domestic? Do you get access to the lounge for that 14 hour flight? Lol
I just think it's odd to have a domestic "hub" that doesn't have a nonstop to any other domestic hub. And NRT's status as a United hub has been seriously deprecated in the last few years. All of United's current routes from NRT, with the sole exception of HNL, are to other United hubs.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.