Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread.
The active thread is What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?
Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Would LOVE for UA to do LNK-HKG, but that'll happen when pigs fly. Oh wait, service pigs... hmm. Maybe it could work!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Would like DEN-CHS, WN and F9 both fly it so demand is there.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:40 pm

ORD-CAN, many people would suck it up to not have to route through Japan, Korea, Beijing, Hong Kong etc.... although I don't know how they would make it profitable I guess.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Shangri-La Diamond
I'll bite. Here's what I would like to see:

DEN-MEX (on days other than Saturday)
DEN-CDG
DEN-HKG (fat chance I know)
DEN-FRA (on UA metal)
DEN-MIA (on UA)
DEN-PVG

As a DEN resident, I'd love not to have to connect to get anywhere. Totally get its a middle-market city and the corporate demand isn't there, but all else being equal, this is what I would want.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
AFRICA/ME/ISC
EWR-CAI
EWR-JNB
EWR-CPT (seasonal)
EWR-CMN
EWR-DXB-BLR
IAD-TLV / ORD-TLV (3 days a week to each)

APAC
IAH-PVG
EWR-ICN
LAX-GUM
DEN-PEK (jump in before Hainan)
DEN-ICN (787 opportunity)

EUROPE
DEN-LHR (year round......hopefully this can end up happening)
DEN-AMS/CDG (one or the other on a seasonal basis)
IAH-CDG (either CO was losing their shirt and the decision was real (after Skyteam), or has UA gotten over their spat with the city about HOU?)
BOS-LHR (75B)
EWR-LGW (75B)
EWR-ORY (75B)
EWR-NCE

C/S AMERICA
ORD-LIM
SFO/LAX-LIM
DEN-MEX (daily)
DEN-PTY (I know, already had it, but didn't think it was the best timed schedule)

USA
ATL-LAX
DEN red-eye bank to east coast, more consistent, constant (LGA/EWR/BOS/IAD/DCA)
BOS-SEA (75B)
JFK-SFO/LAX/IAH/ORD/DEN
SEA/SAN/SNA weekend flights to HNL
Old Jan 27, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
^ I could see JFK flights being added back at some point, especially with Kirby recently saying it was a bad decision to move out.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by zeer0
^ I could see JFK flights being added back at some point, especially with Kirby recently saying it was a bad decision to move out.
It is highly unlikely, they wouldn't have the number of slots to have a good push at JFK. Personally I like EWR better, as it is easier to get to most parts of Manhattan.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Some rumors around NZ possibly starting ORD-AKL. If you’re flying in the back of the bus, it is definitely a more enticing (and more efficient) routing to New Zealand than flying to SFO for East Coast travelers. Imagine this should be available on 016 stock given the JV if it does indeed come to fruition.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
united Metal to YYZ from SFO/LAX

Originally Posted by katan
I am all for some meaningless affirmation or meaningless humility.

The thread has seemingly broken out of Asia into a flight to anywhere. That would make this poll much more interesting.
I have a simple ask, CAN United fly its OWN metal from its HUBS instead of making customers suffer AC? AC has 8 return flights a day from SFO/LAX to YYZ ( toronto) and at least 3 are widebodys,
after that it would be nice to have a flight to JNB.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by flybit
I have a simple ask, CAN United fly its OWN metal from its HUBS instead of making customers suffer AC? AC has 8 return flights a day from SFO/LAX to YYZ ( toronto) and at least 3 are widebodys,
This has been on my wish list for years, but UA seems to show no interest, allowing AC to have these routes to itself.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Not to mention the outrageous price points at which AC is able to sell the SFO-YYZ flights. Yes UA would still be the same JV, but I think it would still bring down pricing (ex. SFO-YVR often brings up different pricing between UA and AC).
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Just be happy they aren’t Rouge.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:46 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
Originally Posted by HGHUA
Would LOVE for UA to do LNK-HKG, but that'll happen when pigs fly. Oh wait, service pigs... hmm. Maybe it could work!
Surely OMA-HKG is more likely
Old May 6, 2018, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by swiftaw
Surely OMA-HKG is more likely
Lol, I guess. AC just added a direct to YYZ. I thought they were gonna convert the tiny customs ops at OMA into a full blown one but remembered YYZ has pre-clearance.

But hey didn't one China Southern or something fly into one of those tiny LA airports with a 777? Wonder how that went... You know though a seasonal China-OMA flight would be VERY reasonable around the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting. They've got all kinds of posters up on OMA right now completely in Chinese. haha.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by HGHUA
But hey didn't one China Southern or something fly into one of those tiny LA airports with a 777? Wonder how that went... You know though a seasonal China-OMA flight would be VERY reasonable around the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting. They've got all kinds of posters up on OMA right now completely in Chinese. haha.
CI (China Airlines, Taiwan-based) is starting TPE-ONT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.