FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew [Master thread 2016 onward]. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1863367-what-route-s-do-you-wish-ua-flew-master-thread-2016-onward.html)

gglave Mar 13, 16 8:34 am

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 (Post 26322849)
The route exists, but I think it's only seasonal. Not the greatest timing either for 1x daily - leaves EWR in the morning and YVR around noontime. Given they have a JV with AC (who does the same route 1x daily), that probably means there is not enough demand to up it.

Yes - The UA route is back in the summer, serving the cruise ship business. I just wish it was year-round.

AC is upgauging to a 787 on the route, and apparently keeping it well into the fall, so there must be some good demand though.

DA201 Mar 13, 16 10:18 am

Originally Posted by gold23 (Post 26317588)
+1 CO used to fly this route, believe several per day, until about a year (or 2) before the merger. I believe the DL direct from EWR is on the A319s and is packed to the gills every time I've flown it.

^I have flown this route a couple times, and it is always full. It's usually on a A320 these days, although I was on a 752 once (still was full). Along with that, DL always charges a ridiculous amount for this flight, and I have seen them charge >$1000 for economy weeks in advance for certain flights.

ok2uselane Mar 13, 16 2:15 pm

Sjc-ewr
sjc-lax
sjc-iad

drewguy Mar 14, 16 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob (Post 25620388)
IAD-HKG is too close to EWR-HKG.

Maybe it might work with an 787-8, since UA wants no competitors when it flies routes.

It may be "too close" but it still requires a typically lengthy RJ connection through Newark.

N830MH Mar 15, 16 12:06 am

Originally Posted by JVPhoto (Post 26315427)
There's also the KEF flight. I don't think that can only be O&D. Is it daily?

Actually, Delta does flies from MSP/JFK to KEF.

TennisNoob Mar 15, 16 12:30 am

Originally Posted by drewguy (Post 26332364)
It may be "too close" but it still requires a typically lengthy RJ connection through Newark.

If that's the case than IAH-HKG makes more sense IMO.

There's nothing here that's close by to connect.

AA is having very much success doing DFW-HKG.

No one believed in Houston. CA was the first, went from 4x to 7x. Than came 3 more carriers. KE, NH, BR. Even 3X would be good enough.

kirkwoodj Mar 15, 16 5:10 am

Originally Posted by TennisNoob (Post 26334003)
If that's the case than IAH-HKG makes more sense IMO.

No one believed in Houston. CA was the first, went from 4x to 7x. Than came 3 more carriers. KE, NH, BR. Even 3X would be good enough.

Testify! ^^
IAH-HKG would be fantastic for me.

DA201 Mar 29, 16 6:49 pm

Just read an article about how SGN is one of the largest markets not served by a nonstop flight from the US (~400 PDEW) and how AA was thinking about starting LAX-SFO to gain a competitive edge in Asia/Pacific. Got me thinking again of a SFO-SGN flight.

rowenb Mar 29, 16 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Phorever (Post 26304117)
ORD-CHA

+1. Basically the only place I might ever need to fly on business that I can't get to on UA. Which is annoying.

JVPhoto Mar 29, 16 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by DA201 (Post 26406758)
Just read an article about how SGN is one of the largest markets not served by a nonstop flight from the US (~400 PDEW) and how AA was thinking about starting LAX-SFO to gain a competitive edge in Asia/Pacific. Got me thinking again of a SFO-SGN flight.

Doesn't Vietnam Airlines have A350s? Wonder if they could start.

Does Philippine Airlines just fly one MNL-West Coast flight? I imagine someone could come in with another.

seasiaflyer Mar 31, 16 7:30 am

Originally Posted by JVPhoto (Post 26407350)
Doesn't Vietnam Airlines have A350s? Wonder if they could start.

Does Philippine Airlines just fly one MNL-West Coast flight? I imagine someone could come in with another.

Yes, VN does have some A350s serving Europe right now, I think LHR and CDG. I would kill for non-stop flights from SGN (or even better, HAN!!) the U.S., but the holdup is (from what I understand) something to do with certification of the facilities--but it's in the works I know.

scosprey Apr 1, 16 7:46 am

DEN to DUB NONSTOP

I haven't posted in sometime. I've been puzzled by something for several months. (I couldn't find a thread on this subject before posting this.) It strikes me that UA is missing a really decent market--DEN to DUB nonstop. I would think that, with enough UA 787s now on hand, this would be a great 787-8 "route prover". Why do we "MPers" have to schlep fly to ORD, EWR, or IAD to get on to DUB? With DEN being a UA hub, and with the West as a large cachement/feed area for these flights, it would seem to be an easy, profitable "winner". Is UA just going to wait till NAI or Aer Lingus "figures it out" and "smokes them"?

EWR764 Apr 1, 16 7:55 am

It is extremely doubtful that DUB would be added to United's DEN portfolio before the likes of LHR, CDG, AMS, ZRH or BRU (in view of existing LH service to FRA and forthcoming MUC).

awu25 Apr 1, 16 8:08 am

Do you have any proof that this would be a profitable route besides the fact that it would be a convenient non-stop for you?

escapefromphl Apr 1, 16 10:02 am

DEN-LHR would make more sense to me.