FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew [Master thread 2016 onward]. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1863367-what-route-s-do-you-wish-ua-flew-master-thread-2016-onward.html)

dimramon Mar 10, 16 11:37 am

Flights to Europe from Denver, perhaps?

PsiFighter37 Mar 10, 16 11:46 am

Originally Posted by flyerbjorn (Post 26304972)
SYD-HNL with a modern aircraft, to stop over in Hawaii, while flying SYD-SFO.

Doubt that will happen - don't think there are any non-hub flights out of HNL, and probably not enough demand.

Originally Posted by dimramon (Post 26313734)
Flights to Europe from Denver, perhaps?

I would be interested to know how much DEN-Europe traffic there is. It appears that a quick spot-check shows only BA (DEN-LHR) and LH (DEN-FRA) flying direct to Europe. Given the JV with LH, I imagine UA wouldn't add a route to Germany unless there was demand and LH couldn't add more capacity. Maybe they could add it with one of the Dreamliners down the road...?

dimramon Mar 10, 16 11:51 am

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 (Post 26313776)
Doubt that will happen - don't think there are any non-hub flights out of HNL, and probably not enough demand.

I would be interested to know how much DEN-Europe traffic there is. It appears that a quick spot-check shows only BA (DEN-LHR) and LH (DEN-FRA) flying direct to Europe. Given the JV with LH, I imagine UA wouldn't add a route to Germany unless there was demand and LH couldn't add more capacity. Maybe they could add it with one of the Dreamliners down the road...?

They had a Heathrow flight for a while. Not sure why it got axed.

LH is going to reintroduce the MUC flight this year, I believe.

PsiFighter37 Mar 10, 16 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by dimramon (Post 26313806)
They had a Heathrow flight for a while. Not sure why it got axed.

LH is going to reintroduce the MUC flight this year, I believe.

Well if UA axed DEN - LHR flight, clearly not enough O&D traffic to support it. And if LH adding DEN-MUC, then almost certainly no incentive for UA to add their own flight.

JVPhoto Mar 10, 16 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 (Post 26313776)

There's also the KEF flight. I don't think that can only be O&D. Is it daily?

mduell Mar 10, 16 7:55 pm

Still want my IAH-SBA... especially now that AA relaunched DFW-SBA and UA has nerfed the LAX-SBA frequency.

televisor Mar 10, 16 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto (Post 26315427)
There's also the KEF flight. I don't think that can only be O&D. Is it daily?

KEF is a very special case - you should consider that as being mainly DEN-KEF-EUROPE traffic, Icelandair use KEF as a hub/connection point to join a ton of European and NA cities. Most of their traffic is connecting in KEF with very few tickets actually being O&D in KEF.

JVPhoto Mar 10, 16 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by televisor (Post 26316330)
KEF is a very special case - you should consider that as being mainly DEN-KEF-EUROPE traffic, Icelandair use KEF as a hub/connection point to join a ton of European and NA cities. Most of their traffic is connecting in KEF with very few tickets actually being O&D in KEF.

That's what I assumed, with the stop over in Iceland promos, that it was mostly European-NA vv traffic.

gold23 Mar 11, 16 6:59 am

Originally Posted by rdg_dc (Post 26301827)
another (meaningless) vote for EWR-SLC

+1 CO used to fly this route, believe several per day, until about a year (or 2) before the merger. I believe the DL direct from EWR is on the A319s and is packed to the gills every time I've flown it.

infiniti007 Mar 12, 16 12:00 am

Would love if UA brought back MDT-EWR

Frontier flew for a couple years to DEN out of MDT on pretty full flights, would love to see UA fill that void or MDT-IAH

MDT-SFO (pipe dream)

Bruin1K Mar 12, 16 9:02 am

IAH-IKA and its gonna happen when pigs can fly!

PsiFighter37 Mar 12, 16 10:36 am

Someone already mentioned it, but EWR-BGR would be really nice. There is a ton of frequency on EWR-PWM...not sure why that a couple of those couldn't be rotated to BGR. As it is, I am flying EWR-BOS-BHB (last leg on PenAir)...no interest in trying to make it back to Manhattan from LGA on July 4th weekend by flying DL.

gold23 Mar 12, 16 11:18 am

Would really like Ewr-yvr. I know air canada flies once per day, but status apparently means nothing there. I've usually flown Cathay from jfk at terrible hours just so I'm not packed in like a sardine cross country. A ua flight would be nice.

PsiFighter37 Mar 12, 16 11:20 am

Originally Posted by gold23 (Post 26322839)
Would really like Ewr-yvr. I know air canada flies once per day, but status apparently means nothing there. I've usually flown Cathay from jfk at terrible hours just so I'm not packed in like a sardine cross country. A ua flight would be nice.

The route exists, but I think it's only seasonal. Not the greatest timing either for 1x daily - leaves EWR in the morning and YVR around noontime. Given they have a JV with AC (who does the same route 1x daily), that probably means there is not enough demand to up it.

mduell Mar 12, 16 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by gold23 (Post 26317588)
+1 CO used to fly this route, believe several per day, until about a year (or 2) before the merger. I believe the DL direct from EWR is on the A319s and is packed to the gills every time I've flown it.

It was indeed terminated in mid 2008, but the last time it averaged >1 flight a day was 1998 (432 completed flights).