FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew [Master thread 2016 onward]. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1863367-what-route-s-do-you-wish-ua-flew-master-thread-2016-onward.html)

Kacee Aug 5, 19 11:37 pm


Originally Posted by LXFlyer (Post 31384011)
I'm not so familiar with those markets -- why was that unsurprising? (I would've thought that SEA, at least, should have a good chance for this to work -- strong economy, tech companies, etc)

Not a premium market. NYC, LAX, SFO, with BOS on the cusp. That's it.

Hartmann Aug 6, 19 6:14 am

PDX-LAX. Bring it back!

I'd like to see a midday PDX-EWR and vice versa. Right now you have to take a 10am or a 7pm on EWR-PDX. I know the evening flight is timed to meet up with the TATL inbounds but it is still annoying. It's also hard to believe that the 7pm is now an A319. :rolleyes:

N104UA Aug 6, 19 12:45 pm


Originally Posted by chacoun (Post 31383776)
EWR-DME.

A boy can (continue to) dream!

Not going to happen, Russia has a tiny economy in comparison to most countries where UA flies TATL and there is very little tourism to Russia, UA can route via FRA on LH for those that want to go to PutinLand Russia.

​​​

PsiFighter37 Aug 9, 19 5:30 am

On Zach Honigís Instagram feed (looks like he was at UA HQ yesterday), it sounds like BKK is not coming back anytime soon / not being actively planned. However, it does sound like UA will announce some other new routes pretty soon - unsure if seasonal flights or new year-rounders.

Nayef Aug 14, 19 11:18 am

I'm certain this has been mentioned already, but it bears reiterating if that's the case: IAD-SJC/SJC-IAD.

PsiFighter37 Aug 14, 19 11:34 am


Originally Posted by Nayef (Post 31415956)
I'm certain this has been mentioned already, but it bears reiterating if that's the case: IAD-SJC/SJC-IAD.

If they couldnít make EWR-SJC work, I doubt this happens.

Kmxu Aug 14, 19 11:50 am

SJC-EWR competed against SFO-EWR, which has nicer (more bearable) aircraft and better seats. If United puts a B757 on SJC-IAD, it might work.

PsiFighter37 Aug 14, 19 12:02 pm

Iím 99.9% sure it will never happen, but Iíd love to see UA order the A350-1000ULR and run them on EWR-AKL and EWR-SYD.

jsloan Aug 14, 19 12:20 pm


Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 (Post 31416138)
Iím 99.9% sure it will never happen, but Iíd love to see UA order the A350-1000ULR and run them on EWR-AKL and EWR-SYD.

Is there a A350-1000ULR? I only see the -900ULR.

SQ had to go all-PE in order to make SIN-EWR work, and SYD is 400 miles further. If UA goes with the A350 at all (which I doubt), I suspect it would be the XWB models, not the ULR models.

spartacusmcfly Aug 14, 19 1:09 pm


Originally Posted by Kmxu (Post 31416081)
SJC-EWR competed against SFO-EWR, which has nicer (more bearable) aircraft and better seats. If United puts a B757 on SJC-IAD, it might work.

No shortage of lobbyists flying between Silicon Valley and Washington these days... :):):)

PsiFighter37 Aug 14, 19 1:13 pm


Originally Posted by jsloan (Post 31416201)
Is there a A350-1000ULR? I only see the -900ULR.

SQ had to go all-PE in order to make SIN-EWR work, and SYD is 400 miles further. If UA goes with the A350 at all (which I doubt), I suspect it would be the XWB models, not the ULR models.

OMAAT posted an article earlier today suggesting -1000ULR announcement is coming soon.

findark Aug 14, 19 1:18 pm


Originally Posted by jsloan (Post 31416201)
Is there a A350-1000ULR? I only see the -900ULR.

SQ had to go all-PE in order to make SIN-EWR work, and SYD is 400 miles further. If UA goes with the A350 at all (which I doubt), I suspect it would be the XWB models, not the ULR models.

If SYD-NYC can be done nonstop, QF will be the first to try it.


Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly (Post 31416397)
No shortage of lobbyists flying between Silicon Valley and Washington these days... :):):)

...who are perfectly happy to fly SFO-DCA :)

brp1264 Aug 14, 19 7:37 pm


Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 (Post 31416023)
If they couldnít make EWR-SJC work, I doubt this happens.

My biggest gripe with that flight was it was like once a day and the timings sucked. I had like 12 daily options out of SFO and tons more flexibility in the event of IRROPS.

tryathlete Aug 14, 19 7:40 pm

ORD-BOM
 
if Air India can do it....

PsiFighter37 Aug 14, 19 8:06 pm


Originally Posted by tryathlete (Post 31417491)
if Air India can do it....

I get the sense that UA is happy to monopolize the TPAC routes (since AA has basically given up) and is satisfied with their current TATL banks out of ORD. AA announced some new seasonal routes out of ORD, but I don't get the sense that UA views them as big competition.

I would think ORD-TLV would be the next route to get started - a bit surprised that UA didn't jump in front of LY starting it, but given UA's relative position of strength for US carriers there, I would imagine it comes along at some point.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:31 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.