Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew [Master thread 2016 onward].

What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew [Master thread 2016 onward].

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 30, 18, 8:05 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Ocn Vw 1K
Wiki Link
This thread was nearing 1500 posts, spanning over 4 years.

We have split the discussion into: 1) this master thread which covers the discussion from January 2016 to the current; and 2) the pre-2016 posts which are now found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ec-2015-a.html

Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

Old May 22, 19, 1:15 pm

Programs: 1K, MM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jsloan View Post
The population of Oneida County is only about 35K; I don't know that UA will want to take on DL in that market, especially when they already have service to CWA, which is only about 70 miles away.
True but from late May to Labor Day, the population swells to 3-4x. While only 70 miles closer, RHI is much nicer for accessing the Northwoods and saving the extra hour drive makes RHI more justified vs. driving.
Old May 22, 19, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 View Post
In flying out to Maui on a 77W, I do wonder why the East Coast canít get either EWR-OGG or IAD-OGG. If they can fly a widebody plane there from multiple locations, I would have to think that there should be demand to fill a 763/764 from there (I assume an HD 772 doesnít work due to length restrictions). It would also give a direct redeye with early-morning arrival, instead of having to leave early to make the HNL flight (via a short OGG-HNL hop) or getting in midday or later by flying the redeye to one of the other hubs.
A 772 and a 763 both use almost the entire 7,000ft runway to take off to the west coast, I would assume that it would have a hard time making it to the east coast without weight restrictions. Although happy to be proven wrong after looking at performance data.
Old May 22, 19, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 View Post
In flying out to Maui on a 77W, I do wonder why the East Coast canít get either EWR-OGG or IAD-OGG. If they can fly a widebody plane there from multiple locations, I would have to think that there should be demand to fill a 763/764 from there (I assume an HD 772 doesnít work due to length restrictions). It would also give a direct redeye with early-morning arrival, instead of having to leave early to make the HNL flight (via a short OGG-HNL hop) or getting in midday or later by flying the redeye to one of the other hubs.
Pretty sure it's just relative demand to HNL versus OGG. I forget if even IAD-HNL is daily (don't think it is, it certainly hasn't always been), and HNL pretty clearly has more demand than OGG. They might be more interested if they could get a non-premium aircraft on the route, but the 77Gs can't make it from the East Coast since they are all on 77A (non-ER) equipment. I'm not 100% sure on a 763 making it off of the runway, but a fully loaded 77G can fly OGG-ORD so I would bet it's more about using the 767s elsewhere.
Old May 22, 19, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G; Le Club Accor Platinum; Marriott Platinum Elite; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by findark View Post
Pretty sure it's just relative demand to HNL versus OGG. I forget if even IAD-HNL is daily (don't think it is, it certainly hasn't always been), and HNL pretty clearly has more demand than OGG. They might be more interested if they could get a non-premium aircraft on the route, but the 77Gs can't make it from the East Coast since they are all on 77A (non-ER) equipment. I'm not 100% sure on a 763 making it off of the runway, but a fully loaded 77G can fly OGG-ORD so I would bet it's more about using the 767s elsewhere.
Thatís probably the case, but since they fly 77G from ORD, IAH, DEN and 1x SFO (combined with the multiple frequencies from both SFO and LAX on narrowbodies), I have to believe the demand is there to fill the seats up front. I would argue that during TATL offseason, you could make more money upfront to OGG than to some European destinations.
Old Jun 13, 19, 1:21 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, NEXUS
When are we getting the long-coveted DEN-AMS?
N104UA likes this.