Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew [Master thread 2016 onward].

What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew [Master thread 2016 onward].

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 30, 18, 8:05 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Ocn Vw 1K
Wiki Link
This thread was nearing 1500 posts, spanning over 4 years.

We have split the discussion into: 1) this master thread which covers the discussion from January 2016 to the current; and 2) the pre-2016 posts which are now found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ec-2015-a.html

Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 21, 19, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kittiyut View Post
Sjc-pdx
pdx-nrt
pdx-lhr
pdx-fra
sfo-bkk
The first and last wishes will have nonzero probability. The middle three wishes will definitely not happen.
kittiyut likes this.
Old Jan 21, 19, 8:34 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 View Post
Do folks think UA will bring back LAX-ATL for the Super Bowl? And will they run some one-off BOS-ATL flights as well? I remember that I think they did some special runs for last year’s SB.
Originally Posted by riphamilton View Post
i thought i read somewhere that UA has put a 772 and 737 on BOS-ATL for next weekend (i don't think UA adds anything from PVD, although other airlines will). i would assume that there would be as much lift from LAX since it's a UA hub.

at this point, all airlines probably have excellent demand forecasts for the superbowl ex-BOS (unfortunately!).
They were loaded in this morning when I checked, nonstops from BOS/LAX-ATL and vv on Feb 1 and 4. There's also some "interesting" flights as usual following the game on Sunday, like a 1am-ish to EWR, a 2am to ORD, and a 3:25am to LAX.

They had already previously loaded mainline up-gauges for Feb 1 and Feb 4 - was pleasantly surprised when I booked a trip a few weeks ago that all ORD/IAH flights were mainly which is definitely not the normal case.
Old Jan 24, 19, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA
I hope UA switches Mobile, Alabama service from MOB - Bates Field to BFM (Mobile Downtown). Mobile Downtown Airport opens in May. Its far more convenient for just about everyone. Frontier and Via have already announced they're flying into BFM.

BFM is 15 minutes from Baldwin County, right off the interstate, closer to the city and all around easier. MOB - Bates Field is way out of town in an area with horrid traffic.
Old Jan 24, 19, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Originally Posted by TominLazybrook View Post
I hope UA switches Mobile, Alabama service from MOB - Bates Field to BFM (Mobile Downtown). Mobile Downtown Airport opens in May. Its far more convenient for just about everyone. Frontier and Via have already announced they're flying into BFM.

BFM is 15 minutes from Baldwin County, right off the interstate, closer to the city and all around easier. MOB - Bates Field is way out of town in an area with horrid traffic.
Can we ask for them to also upgauge the 145 to a 175 while we're at it?
Old Jan 24, 19, 11:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
bru-sfo
bru-iah
lux-iad/ewr
Old Jan 24, 19, 11:40 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold, Starwood/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by brp1264 View Post
They upguaged ORD-BHM flights to 175 and they were not selling seats in United First on those flights so it was downguaged after a while (I assume for that reason). Great while it lasted, got upgraded easily every single time. Several times it went out with empty seats in First.
Old Jan 25, 19, 3:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by brp1264 View Post
Originally Posted by NoDestinations View Post
They upguaged ORD-BHM flights to 175 and they were not selling seats in United First on those flights so it was downguaged after a while (I assume for that reason). Great while it lasted, got upgraded easily every single time. Several times it went out with empty seats in First.
Be thankful it doesn't switch to a CR2...
jsloan and brp1264 like this.
Old Jan 25, 19, 3:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, MR Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La Jade, National EE, Hertz PC
I didn't even bother hoping for SFO-YYZ or ORD-YHZ last year because I didn't think they would happen but they did!

This year I'm going to aim a bit higher. EWR-DME? One can dream, right?
Old Jan 25, 19, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Den-cdg
den-pek/pvg
den-yxe
den-gso
iad/ord-yng
den-pbi
Old Jan 25, 19, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1k 3mm
SJC-IAD

Originally Posted by bman1002 View Post
SJC-IAD

Would certainly help me reduce the amount of time I spend on 101
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
I believe United used to fly this. They've been bringing back formerly cancelled SJC routes so I think it's quite possible it'll come back.
Originally Posted by bman1002 View Post
That would be great to see, but since they dropped EWR-SJC I am not holding my breath for it.
Originally Posted by halls120 View Post
I miss this flight. It was so much more convenient than flying into SFO.
I sat next to UA SJC gm (Rick) during one of my SJC-DEN-BOS flights before Xmas. We talked about likelihood for SJC-LAX , SJC-IAD, SJC-EWR (reinstate) as I prefer SJC smoother operations vs. SFO ATC situations. He said UA only owns 1 gate in SJC and often “borrow” landing gates from other airlines to juggle schedules. He mentioned HQ does assign priority to new route(s) based on business catalyst or competitive response. SJC-EWR was quickly created in response to AS attacking EWR hub, but given the generally lower yields on both AS and UA SJC-EWR flights, and UA needing the planes for other routes, HQ decided to drop it.

With Amazon HQ2 in Crystal City as business catalyst, and UA gate-challenged at SFO-DCA while SFO-IAD has many flights, it is plausible SJC-IAD may be prioritized in 2H2019. I sure hope AS add SJC-IAD to induce UA to add this route even faster
Old Jan 25, 19, 11:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
LAX-somewhere in Europe with *A partners ... or FCO

If I want to ride UA metal as far as I can to FCO (and I typically do), this usually means building in two stops (one in the US, one in Europe) to get to FCO, particularly in the winter.
Old Jan 26, 19, 11:24 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1k, 2.1MM Flyer, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum,AA Gold
Originally Posted by npei View Post

I sat next to UA SJC gm (Rick) during one of my SJC-DEN-BOS flights before Xmas. We talked about likelihood for SJC-LAX , SJC-IAD, SJC-EWR (reinstate) as I prefer SJC smoother operations vs. SFO ATC situations. He said UA only owns 1 gate in SJC and often “borrow” landing gates from other airlines to juggle schedules. He mentioned HQ does assign priority to new route(s) based on business catalyst or competitive response. SJC-EWR was quickly created in response to AS attacking EWR hub, but given the generally lower yields on both AS and UA SJC-EWR flights, and UA needing the planes for other routes, HQ decided to drop it.

With Amazon HQ2 in Crystal City as business catalyst, and UA gate-challenged at SFO-DCA while SFO-IAD has many flights, it is plausible SJC-IAD may be prioritized in 2H2019. I sure hope AS add SJC-IAD to induce UA to add this route even faster
Have been begging for years to see IAD-SJC reinstated. Used to be a nice 7PM take off, landing around 9:30 and a quick rental car and a local hotel. I miss it a lot. Not as interested in SJC back though as that is likely to be a 8AM flight and I rarely waste full days on flights back east so I'll still be stuck on the pinkeye out of SFO. But I love the logic here and am ever hopeful (although always disappointed) that this flight will return.
Old Jan 26, 19, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Originally Posted by NoDestinations View Post
Yeah... I've been flying IAH-PNS instead of MOB as it's a pretty much guaranteed upgrade, and PNS is a nicer airport.
Old Jan 26, 19, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by gcashin View Post
Would like to see UA rebuild some of their presence in Canada. The recent announcements of SFO-YYZ and ORD-YHZ are a good step! A few other gaps to fill:
EWR-YYC (UA metal, offered by AC currently)
EWR-YYT (perhaps summer seasonal given the growing tourism - used to be a year round route before it was cancelled)
LAX-YYC (UA metal, offered by AC currently)
I would like REAL planes from yyz-EWR instead of E145s, And naturally LAX
gcashin likes this.
Old Jan 26, 19, 1:16 pm

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTPE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC
Return the Bangkok route
goodeats21 and brp1264 like this.

Search this Thread