FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew [Master thread 2016 onward]. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1863367-what-route-s-do-you-wish-ua-flew-master-thread-2016-onward.html)

NikoLGA Feb 10, 16 1:59 pm

Two routes that would be a nice addition would be:

EWR-BGR (three times a week summer seasonal)
EWR-SLC (absurd they don't do that currently)

flybit Feb 10, 16 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis (Post 26164175)
Two routes that would be a nice addition would be:

EWR-BGR (three times a week summer seasonal)
EWR-SLC (absurd they don't do that currently)

ORD-SLC would be better

FriendlySkies Feb 10, 16 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by flybit (Post 26166038)
ORD-SLC would be better

Appears that UA already flies this route with mainline and UAX service.

LXFlyer Feb 11, 16 2:31 pm

EWR-JAN

Really, they don't fly that one yet? Why only from ORD?

Toronto1970 Feb 11, 16 3:10 pm

I wish they would fly YYZ-SFO. I realize they code share on AC metal, but if I'm not mistaken it's the only hub that doesn't have both AC and UA sharing the route with metal from both.

fryguy89 Feb 11, 16 6:40 pm

LAX - BOS!!!! During the winter months!

PsiFighter37 Mar 6, 16 3:49 pm

Perhaps this is really more meant for a separate thread than here - but when will we see new route expansion from the more eastern hubs (EWR/IAD/ORD)? From what I can tell, the only new route additions have been seasonals (EWR-ATH, IAD-LIS) that simply are repositioning of existing aircraft. However, the brand-new routes almost all seem to be geared towards utilizing Dreamliners out of SFO (SFO-XIY, SFO-AKL, SFO-TLV). I know there have been some discussions about hypothetical future routes that might make sense (like IAD-JNB), but when is UA going to honestly have the aircraft to think about adding new routes from the East Coast?

mahasamatman Mar 6, 16 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 (Post 26293919)
when will we see new route expansion from the more eastern hubs (EWR/IAD/ORD)?

Could be more a question of "if" than "when"? Perhaps they feel those hubs are already overserved?

kirkwoodj Mar 6, 16 5:04 pm

Perhaps this is really more meant for a separate thread than here - but when will we see new route expansion from the more eastern hubs (EWR/IAD/ORD)? From what I can tell, the only new route additions have been seasonals (EWR-ATH, IAD-LIS) that simply are repositioning of existing aircraft. However, the brand-new routes almost all seem to be geared towards utilizing Dreamliners out of SFO (SFO-XIY, SFO-AKL, SFO-TLV). I know there have been some discussions about hypothetical future routes that might make sense (like IAD-JNB), but when is UA going to honestly have the aircraft to think about adding new routes from the East Coast?

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 26293991)
Could be more a question of "if" than "when"? Perhaps they feel those hubs are already overserved?

Indeed. Quite smaller markets already served from these. Would imagine cutbacks rather than expansion from these stations.

DA201 Mar 6, 16 5:17 pm

They can't expand everywhere at once simply due to aircraft availability. EWR/IAD have both gone through expansions relatively recently (EWR from the late 90s through early 2000s under pmCO, and IAD from the late 80s through early 90s under pmUA). IAD may not see a big expansion again due to its proximity to EWR, but I bet EWR will be expanded after SFO with flights to India and Africa.

I don't think ORD will ever be rapidly expanded, as it already has a ton of flights, but will continue to see more flights at a continuous slow pace. Same goes for IAH.

aCavalierInCoach Mar 6, 16 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by LXFlyer (Post 26169910)
EWR-JAN

Really, they don't fly that one yet? Why only from ORD?

Eh? many flights a day from IAH. Weirdly just one from ORD.

hookthem Mar 6, 16 6:08 pm

SFO-HAN. Or at least HKG-HAN

PsiFighter37 Mar 6, 16 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by DA201 (Post 26294190)
IAD may not see a big expansion again due to its proximity to EWR, but I bet EWR will be expanded after SFO with flights to India and Africa.

EWR already has EWR-DEL and EWR-BOM - I doubt there's more expansion coming for India soon. As for Africa - I don't think they can get to JNB or CPT from EWR (which is why I mentioned IAD-JNB). Not sure there is really demand for elsewhere (maybe Morocco?!)

helvetic Mar 6, 16 8:08 pm

SF is the only city in the US that's really thriving. There's a booming economy in finance and tech; and a massively growing population. There's a lot of demand for new routes, and a very high yield.

Secondly, UA is extremely well positioned in SFO; having a near-monopoly among the legacy carriers. Unlike EWR where JFK competes head-on, OAK & SJC are a joke compared to SFO.

None of the other hubs are doing that well. I think that explains why

EliteNewbie Mar 7, 16 9:22 pm

EWR-JNB, IAD-JNB, or IAH-JNB - Please?

Would anyone else like to see a JNB direct from the USA? I'm tired of going to JFK to catch the SA flights. If we can get a petition going or something to get a JNB direct flight, that would be great!