Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew [Master thread 2016 onward].

What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew [Master thread 2016 onward].

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 30, 18, 8:05 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Ocn Vw 1K
Wiki Link
This thread was nearing 1500 posts, spanning over 4 years.

We have split the discussion into: 1) this master thread which covers the discussion from January 2016 to the current; and 2) the pre-2016 posts which are now found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ec-2015-a.html

Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 6, 17, 10:34 pm

Programs: Price wins over loyalty.
Originally Posted by jsloan View Post
Apparently the carrier refused to bid for UIN-ORD and CGI-ORD unless they were allowed to fly it as a triangle. I believe each city gets one nonstop pair and one one-stop pair each day, although it may have half that on the weekends. (i.e., they'll fly ORD-UIN-CGI-ORD and ORD-CGI-UIN-ORD each once per day).

They are actually selling the UIN-CGI nonstop flight, though, for anyone who happens to need that route.
I'm a bit shocked because I heard Cape Air was going to switch their STL service to ORD...

Wow. Wonder how this will do.

Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
Sorry guys
Didn't see the existing thread.

Anyway I find ORD-ATH, if confirmed, very interesting. Seems like the same way AA launched BCN (this year) and VCE (next year) out of O'Hare.
Very popular destinations in the summer + cruises ... without direct flights.

I also wonder if a seasonal IAH-FCO (just like IAH-MUC) could work, also given the success of new DFW-FCO service by AA this summer.
Originally Posted by LASUA1K View Post
ORD-ATH will start next summer.
Would love to see a source on this one.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 6, 17 at 11:54 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Nov 7, 17, 5:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
HGH-SFO did not work out well (due to 2 x PVG-SFO daily flights). Perhaps, UA should give HGH-EWR a try. EWR-PVG flight seems to be very packed everyday. Just hoping.

Edit: Based on EWR-PVG (10:00 am --> 2:05 pm+1 day) and PVG-EWR (4:30 pm --> 5:55 pm) schedule, UA does not need to park its aircraft at HGH overnight, but SFO-HGH flight did. Just need to find a spare 777 for this route, perhaps, two or three time per week.
Old Nov 7, 17, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Would be great to have DEN > ICN on 787-8 - no one serves these two cities non-stop currently, so it would be good for UA and for people flying from ICN to anywhere in rocky mountain states.

Probably need to upgauge DEN > NRT to 787-9 at least because that flight seems to be full most of the time.

I would like to get SEA > NRT back as well, but at least ANA has their own as well.
Old Nov 11, 17, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by maverickar15 View Post
Would be great to have DEN > ICN on 787-8 - no one serves these two cities non-stop currently, so it would be good for UA and for people flying from ICN to anywhere in rocky mountain states.

Probably need to upgauge DEN > NRT to 787-9 at least because that flight seems to be full most of the time.

I would like to get SEA > NRT back as well, but at least ANA has their own as well.
KE flew 3x weekly ICN-DEN in the late 90s and couldn't make it work, in addition there are other markets from DEN that would be more profitable
Old Jan 12, 18, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G; Le Club Accor Platinum; Marriott Platinum Elite; Hertz PC
Another fun spoke-spoke route in the map now as a future route...LBL-PUB
Old Jan 12, 18, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC
I would love for UA to bring back YEG-ORD, was my favourite route!! (I guess maybe if oil rebounds)
Old Jan 23, 18, 1:18 pm

UA adding some routes for the Super Bowl as one-offs:

BOS-MSP
PVD-MSP
PHL-MSP

Also have some different aircraft...3:30AM flight on Monday 2/5 is using a 757. MSP-EWR at 1:30AM going HD 772 (presumably - announcement doesnít say anything about using an international bird for the route).
Old Jan 23, 18, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 View Post
MSP-EWR at 1:30AM going HD 772 (presumably - announcement doesnít say anything about using an international bird for the route).
Seatmap shows a 77G.. sold out in F and almost sold out in the back. Such a stark contrast to the last MSP-EWR I flew - a grand total of 22 pax on an E75
Old Jan 25, 18, 8:18 am

Emirates starting EWR-DXB...imagine thatís not one UA will start anytime soon.
Old Jan 25, 18, 8:26 am

Programs: UA 1K,AA Plat, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Any of the mexican manufacturing city airports (QRO,BJX,etc) - ORD would be help out a lot instead of the twice a day MEX-ORD flights for a lot of people I know, now myself included.
Old Jan 25, 18, 11:06 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA Mileage Plus Silver Elite, United Club, HyattGold, Enterprise Silver
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 View Post
Emirates starting EWR-DXB...imagine thatís not one UA will start anytime soon.
will be interesting to see if there is any pushback from UA on this. If I interpreted the call yesterday, it seems as though Kirby and team want to be more defensive, including calling out the international gateways.
Old Jan 25, 18, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold, WN, HHonors Diamond
IAH - HKG
IAH - Lagos (resumption of cancelled service)
IAH - Buffalo
IAH - Montreal
Old Jan 25, 18, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
I'd love CLL-literally any other United hub other than IAH - they have the planes to do it (the ERJ-145XR can get from IAH-IAD so it can get CLL-IAD too) and it would make connections so much easier with more options and likely cheaper fares.

But they're instead adding a third IAH-CLL RT daily.
Old Jan 25, 18, 2:17 pm

BKK from HKG, NRT, GUM, SFO or LAX
goodeats21 and JVPhoto like this.
Old Jan 25, 18, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Would really like to see EWR-YVR morning flight reinstated. AC's 788 evening flight has a decent PE product, but timing just stinks.

Search this Thread