Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew [Master thread 2016 onward].

What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew [Master thread 2016 onward].

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 30, 18, 8:05 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Ocn Vw 1K
Wiki Link
This thread was nearing 1500 posts, spanning over 4 years.

We have split the discussion into: 1) this master thread which covers the discussion from January 2016 to the current; and 2) the pre-2016 posts which are now found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ec-2015-a.html

Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 17, 17, 11:19 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Platinum
IDA-LAX

Idaho Falls - LAX

Non-Stop
Old Oct 11, 17, 12:16 am

Question What if: B762 @ UA in 4Q17?

I was reading over on a.net just now, about how the price of jet fuel is low and it enables the airlines to keep flying older planes and generate large profits.

That got me to thinking: What if UA hadn't been able to give away their B762's a few years back when oil was $140/bbl, but instead had simply parked them in the desert until the price of oil fell to where it is now? What if UA still had those ~10 planes in their system? Where could (or ought) UA have deployed them these days?

Some ideas:
  • New routes (ORD-TLV)
  • MoM routes (EWR-TXL, DEN-LHR)
  • Full-year service instead of seasonal (EWR-ATH, EWR-VCE)

Your thoughts?
Old Oct 11, 17, 12:19 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
My vote would have been CLE-CGO
Old Oct 11, 17, 8:37 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
I think they would start EWR-ATH just because Emirates now flies that route. ORD-TLV is a possible summer seasonal route. DEN-LHR is starting in the spring and will be seasonal. I think it can be year round with the Dreamliner. EWR-TXL is already year round. I am not sure how many people are flying to Venice during the winter, so maybe that one is a stretch.

I think a plane with that low of a capacity and that high of a range would be better used on long, thin seasonal routes outside the range of a 752. EWR-OTP/BUD/VIE/PRG come to mind.
Old Oct 11, 17, 10:20 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Mileage Plus Silver Elite, United Club, HyattGold, Enterprise Silver
Originally Posted by DA201 View Post
I think they would start EWR-ATH just because Emirates now flies that route. ORD-TLV is a possible summer seasonal route. DEN-LHR is starting in the spring and will be seasonal. I think it can be year round with the Dreamliner. EWR-TXL is already year round. I am not sure how many people are flying to Venice during the winter, so maybe that one is a stretch.

I think a plane with that low of a capacity and that high of a range would be better used on long, thin seasonal routes outside the range of a 752. EWR-OTP/BUD/VIE/PRG come to mind.
UA is already flying EWR-ATH. Have been operating it for 2 seasons already.
Old Nov 4, 17, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G; Le Club Accor Platinum; Marriott Platinum Elite; Hertz PC
Seeing UIN (Quincy, IL) <> CGI (Cape Girardeau, MO) as a new planned spoke-spoke route in this month's Hemispheres magazine...any idea what the inspiration for this would be?
Old Nov 4, 17, 3:46 pm

LAX - ATL
Old Nov 4, 17, 4:03 pm

EWR-CPT
Old Nov 4, 17, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, Amex, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 View Post
Seeing UIN (Quincy, IL) <> CGI (Cape Girardeau, MO) as a new planned spoke-spoke route in this month's Hemispheres magazine...any idea what the inspiration for this would be?
Wiki says Cape Air ends their service to STL on Nov. 30th. Appears UA will be starting on 12/1 in their place. Perhaps another take over on an ESA route, as we've seen before. UA picked up HYS-DEN after SeaPort had to quit the route.

See here: http://www.kfvs12.com/story/36236036...rvice-provider
Old Nov 4, 17, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 View Post
There are several new EAS routes coming 2017/2018. Skywest has been bidding for a bunch and generally winning. Skywest is flying them at risk for UA. The following have start dates, with several more likely to be awarded.

UIN
CGI
CKB
CNY
VEL
Old Nov 4, 17, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by smxflyer View Post
There are several new EAS routes coming 2017/2018. Skywest has been bidding for a bunch and generally winning. Skywest is flying them at risk for UA. The following have start dates, with several more likely to be awarded.

UIN
CGI
CKB
CNY
VEL
what do you mean at risk for UA?
Old Nov 4, 17, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by jp12687 View Post
what do you mean at risk for UA?
This has a decent explanation: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/skywest...ng-for-united/
Old Nov 4, 17, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, *G, Marriott Plat
I think UA should return to 5th freedom routes... Bring back NRT-ICN and fly a few NRT-HKG/BKK/etc.

Also, maybe I'm biased, but they have no east coast - ICN options. An IAD/EWR/ORD-ICN would be fantastic.
Old Nov 4, 17, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G; Le Club Accor Platinum; Marriott Platinum Elite; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by smxflyer View Post
I see. Would be really nice if they brought IYK back into the fold somehow (either LAX-IYK or SFO-IYK), but I'm not sure how easy it will be given IYK no longer has any commercial air service right now.
Old Nov 4, 17, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA GS/SPG Plat/Marriott Plat
I kind of want non-AC options for SFO-YYZ, given how AC does landings these days. Also, SFO/LAX-BNE would be nice.
gcashin likes this.

Search this Thread