Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew [Master thread 2016 onward].

What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew [Master thread 2016 onward].

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 30, 18, 8:05 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Ocn Vw 1K
Wiki Link
This thread was nearing 1500 posts, spanning over 4 years.

We have split the discussion into: 1) this master thread which covers the discussion from January 2016 to the current; and 2) the pre-2016 posts which are now found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ec-2015-a.html

Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 26, 17, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by porciuscato View Post
Go-getters like Air Asia and Easyjet are offering a superior level of service at CPM levels that are a fraction of what UA charges.
Having flown Air Asia, let's just say that we have a significant difference of opinion here.
Old Aug 26, 17, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Yes. JFK and ORD. An LO mini hub at BUD.
Cool to know as I plan on going back to BUD next summer for my 4th trip. Would like to try out LOT but never really made any sense now being on the West Coast. SJC-ORD-BUD if the times worked could be great.
Old Aug 26, 17, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
Having flown Air Asia, let's just say that we have a significant difference of opinion here.
I'll agree with you on that.
I also flew NOK last year and the only thing it had going for it were the uniforms and bird nose plane.
Old Aug 26, 17, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by JVPhoto View Post
Cool to know as I plan on going back to BUD next summer for my 4th trip. Would like to try out LOT but never really made any sense now being on the West Coast. SJC-ORD-BUD if the times worked could be great.
I love the idea of a non-stop to BUD as well...but I've always avoided LOT since I've always had other, presumably better options, and not wanting to connect in Warsaw. I'll definitely consider them in the future.

I'd be surprised if UA grows much in Europe, as long as they have FRA work as basically a hub for them via LH.
Old Aug 26, 17, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by JVPhoto View Post
The current JV J fares to BUD are pretty attractive. $29xx SFO-BUD. Can route that via FRA on the UA 77W or ZRH on the LX 77W. The Hungarian government must be subsidizing this fare (been around for months), even though they are not supposed to.
Old Aug 26, 17, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G; Le Club Accor Platinum; Marriott Platinum Elite; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Taipei View Post
This link:

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiw.../24/2003677089

Seems to imply that UA is thinking of Taiwan / NYC flight ? I guess EWR to TPE or KHH?
Surprised to hear that UA is looking at additional capacity to TPE. I would be a fan of EWR-TPE, although it'd better be with a 77W - the old sCO is no match for BR's 77Ws flying JFK-TPE.
Old Aug 26, 17, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS
South Africa will be nice.
Old Aug 26, 17, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC E50K, AS MVP, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Delta/Marriott/SPG Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer View Post
South Africa will be nice.
Old Aug 26, 17, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Plat, SPG P75, HH Gold, Hertz PC
There are rumors around for quite a while that UA would take over LH's EWR-DUS and add another new route to DUS to rotate the plane at DUS. However with he AB-bancrupcy and a high likelyhood that LH will take over AB's longhaul-operations from DUS, I do not see any room for UA there...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Aug 26, 17, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by djohannw View Post
There are rumors around for quite a while that UA would take over LH's EWR-DUS and add another new route to DUS to rotate the plane at DUS. However with he AB-bancrupcy and a high likelyhood that LH will take over AB's longhaul-operations from DUS, I do not see any room for UA there...

Greetings - Dirk
Reminds me of the DUS-ORD way back ..... and the great DUS DOs, incl the case of Altbier as carry-on by a fellow FTer
Old Aug 26, 17, 3:45 pm
Senior Moderator/Moderator: United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Moderator note.

To provide more timely and easier-to-follow threads on this topic, we have created a new thread for this topic, starting with posts of January 2016.

For research purposes, the pre-2016 posts are available here:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ec-2015-a.html

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Aug 26, 17 at 4:21 pm Reason: Uodate members on thread maintenance.
Old Aug 26, 17, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by porciuscato View Post
Why would they add international routes? They can't compete, unless they have a total lock on a hub and its closest alternatives.

Mostly we see them backing away from what should be lucrative routes like BKK and AKL. The problem is that United is a fat lazy monopoly and other airlines eat their lunch when they try to swim in the big pond.
As much as I want them to resume service to BKK, I don't believe it's all that lucrative. They might be able to make a thin route from the US work (SFO-BKK), but the prior tag from NRT was loaded with discount pax.
Old Aug 27, 17, 11:51 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), HHonors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, TrueBlue, SkyPesos
Return EWR-STR, there's plenty of business demand. Add SFO/ORD/EWR-Moscow, especially with the World Cup coming next summer. Sign an agreement with Aeroflot for domestic connections to the rest of Russia.
Old Aug 27, 17, 12:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA 1K 1MM, IC PLAT AMB, HH Diamond, AVIS Pres, Hertz President's Circle
My choice would be for LAX-FRA.
Old Aug 27, 17, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
The current JV J fares to BUD are pretty attractive. $29xx SFO-BUD. Can route that via FRA on the UA 77W or ZRH on the LX 77W. The Hungarian government must be subsidizing this fare (been around for months), even though they are not supposed to.
I don't know about a subsidy—$31xx SFO-BOM, also books into P.

Search this Thread