FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew [Master thread 2016 onward]. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1863367-what-route-s-do-you-wish-ua-flew-master-thread-2016-onward.html)

Silver Fox Feb 5, 16 7:41 am

SFO-CHC

SFO28L Feb 5, 16 8:09 am

The recent (last 1-2 years) reduction in intra-Ca flights is due to the retirement of the emb 120 brasilia from SkyWest. Some of these flights were likely at-risk and just marketed as UAX.

http://airwaysnews.com/blog/2015/05/...mb-120-flight/

Originally Posted by iapetus (Post 26136895)
I'd also like SFO-CIC back. UAX cut a spate of intra-California routes over the past couple of years. :( But I never quite figured out why. I rarely saw planes on that route that weren't full. My best guess is that they wanted the operational headache off their hands. Those flights were often full of passengers who were furious over ATC-related delays at SFO. And I guess that part's not about to change.

PV_Premier Feb 5, 16 9:22 am

Originally Posted by iapetus (Post 26136895)
+1 Well, seeing as how they're not going to implement LAX-FCO. ;)

I'd also like SFO-CIC back. UAX cut a spate of intra-California routes over the past couple of years. :( But I never quite figured out why. I rarely saw planes on that route that weren't full. My best guess is that they wanted the operational headache off their hands. Those flights were often full of passengers who were furious over ATC-related delays at SFO. And I guess that part's not about to change.

Originally Posted by SFO28L (Post 26137510)
The recent (last 1-2 years) reduction in intra-Ca flights is due to the retirement of the emb 120 brasilia from SkyWest. Some of these flights were likely at-risk and just marketed as UAX.

http://airwaysnews.com/blog/2015/05/...mb-120-flight/

correct, the ones that were at risk were basically stopped, the ones that were not were moved to UAX CR200s. lots and lots of routes were cut, for me the most painful one was SMF-ACV. :( QX or PenAir are being discussed as possible replacements in these markets with service to PDX or SEA. for instance, PenAir recently started servicing Crescent City as a replacement to UAX's exit of the market.

speaking of intra-CA routes, I would like to see someone besides WN operate SMF-SAN. i prefer QX/AS, but UA might be a suitable substitute if they used a CR700 or E175.

i would also like to see LAX-IYK return, but that will not happen.

blackllotus Feb 5, 16 9:40 am

It'll never happen but SFO-KFS. I used to fly Horizon in from PDX, but that got axed. PenAir might start it up again from PDX.

PsiFighter37 Feb 5, 16 11:49 am

i would also like to see LAX-IYK return, but that will not happen.
I would really like this, as my grandmother lives in this area of CA and I would much rather do a short hop as opposed to driving 2.5-3 hours through the desert from LAX. The route has been gone for a while, though, and I don't think IYK is a public airport anymore.

Kevin Adams Feb 5, 16 12:05 pm

Most of the routes I wish they flew are for selfish reasons.

STL-PHX (mainline or E75)
IAH-HKG
IAH-PEK (not AirChina)
IAH-ELD
Upgauge STL

PHX flights that accomodate regular business commuters. 9am is a joke. A permanent early morning IAH-PHX (7am or earlier, depending on daylight savings time) and a later Thursday flight would be nice.

Originally Posted by JVPhoto (Post 26128927)
The 12 year old in me nearly spit out my water.

Welcome to the friendly skies. Haha

transportbiz Feb 5, 16 12:10 pm

LAX to anywhere in Europe except LHR direct!

JVPhoto Feb 5, 16 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by transportbiz (Post 26138717)
LAX to anywhere in Europe except LHR direct!

What about BRU? Does SN even fly "inland" past NY or DC?

transportbiz Feb 5, 16 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto (Post 26138878)
What about BRU? Does SN even fly "inland" past NY or DC?

Should have been more specific a UA metal flight to anywhere in Europe except LHR...er like um, maybe FRA????

JVPhoto Feb 5, 16 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by transportbiz (Post 26140910)
Should have been more specific a UA metal flight to anywhere in Europe except LHR...er like um, maybe FRA????

I understood you meant UA. I was asking about the feasibility of West Coast to BRU because I don't think even SN flies it.

blackllotus Feb 5, 16 10:54 pm

ORD - TTN. Frontier is starting this up 4x weekly. United could put an RJ on this route with more trips and better scheduling.

TravelinSperry Feb 5, 16 11:14 pm

LAX - BKK. Won't happen. But I'd love it.

bajong Feb 6, 16 3:21 am

NRT-BKK...I wish they would bring back that route. I hate flying it in ANA with no upgrade.

goodeats21 Feb 6, 16 5:39 am

Originally Posted by blackllotus (Post 26141290)
ORD - TTN. Frontier is starting this up 4x weekly. United could put an RJ on this route with more trips and better scheduling.

Frontier has been serving TTN (Trenton Mercer County NJ - midway between PHL and EWR) for awhile now. I doubt United would start it up, though it would be good for me personally.

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry (Post 26141325)
LAX - BKK. Won't happen. But I'd love it.

Originally Posted by bajong (Post 26141746)
NRT-BKK...I wish they would bring back that route. I hate flying it in ANA with no upgrade.

Any UA service to BKK. LAX, NRT, HKG...whatever.

I hate flying ANA with no E +, let alone no chance at an upgrade.

halls120 Feb 6, 16 5:44 am

Originally Posted by bajong (Post 26141746)

^^, as long as they are on 777s, not 787s.