FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1863367-what-route-s-do-you-wish-ua-flew.html)

Say Vandelay Feb 7, 2024 10:17 am

Originally Posted by The Man in Seat 9A (Post 35978518)
Amtrak serves EWR-BWI airport to airport, 7x daily, from $37. Yes it's 2.5 hours, but United blocks EWR-DCA at 1:25 so the train seems like a decent alternative. YMMV.

I have done both and would like more BWI service. Once I was going from the Eastern shore to AMS so flying from BWI-EWR and connecting made sense. Another time I was doing LHR-EWR-BWI and the transatlantic was so bumpy and I was airsick, so I hopped the train instead, and since I was going north of Baltimore, getting off at Penn station saved time as well as having to fly on one of those old nasty Q200 Dash 8s. But I miss having the option. Have never done DCA-EWR-BOS or anything like that. I drive to Dulles (not at peak times) or bite the bullet and fly AA or B6 (the latter is also pulling out of BWI).

SSF556 Apr 12, 2024 12:07 pm

Is GSP to IAD ever going to return?

I need GSP to IAD.

Thanks!

FlyerAVL Apr 12, 2024 12:34 pm

I mean here at AVL we dont have that either but we do have AVL-DCA on AA, which seems like GSP has that as well. you also have Southwest to BWI

I guess UA doesn't see the profits in that route with the competition and UA likely thinks its close enough to CLT that you would fly out of there instead as they offer CLT-IAD and there are 4 flights a day on UA and 5 a day on AA

SSF556 Apr 12, 2024 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerAVL (Post 36155555)
I mean here at AVL we dont have that either but we do have AVL-DCA on AA, which seems like GSP has that as well. you also have Southwest to BWI

I guess UA doesn't see the profits in that route with the competition and UA likely thinks its close enough to CLT that you would fly out of there instead as they offer CLT-IAD and there are 4 flights a day on UA and 5 a day on AA

CAE also gets IAD....not sure why anyone would fly to Columbia!!!!

FlyerAVL Apr 12, 2024 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by SSF556 (Post 36155594)

i mean i can see the state capital having a flight to IAD gotta keep the politicians happy

jsloan Apr 12, 2024 2:59 pm

If anyone on this board knows the future of UA's route map, they wouldn't be allowed to share anyway. You will not get an answer to your question besides 'maybe,' I hope you weren't expecting one. :)

manstein58 Apr 17, 2024 2:30 pm

Hmmmm…maybe CPH or OSL or HEL now that SAS has flown the coop? No Red Baron!

JimInOhio Apr 17, 2024 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by manstein58 (Post 36168295)

The hill to climb is *A is now the odd man out as Scandanavia will have an indigeneous ST and OW presence.

Say Vandelay Apr 17, 2024 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by SSF556 (Post 36155594)

Maybe the chairman of MWAA has a summer house there? Too soon?

buckeyefanflyer Apr 17, 2024 4:33 pm

CLE-LHR

PsiFighter37 Apr 17, 2024 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by manstein58 (Post 36168295)

UA needs to get the planes it ordered on time before expanding. But I have to think EWR-CPH is very high on the list of seasonal routings. I would not mind seeing EWR-OSL return either, but the fact that UA tried EWR-BGO first when they went back to Norway suggests that maybe there is less demand there than one would think otherwise.

If UA wanted to get bold with Scandanavia, maybe they would try a 3x weekly EWR-TOS "Northern Lights" route in the winter :D

Kleinnaf Apr 17, 2024 4:50 pm

EWR-TLV :rolleyes:

sonyeoshin Apr 17, 2024 4:57 pm

SFO-BKK
SFO-HAN
LAX-ICN
LAX-MNL

fixed as I might have accidentally triggered vBulletin's anti-shouting mechanism, if it exists

rajsbasi Apr 17, 2024 5:39 pm

Seattle to London Heathrow :)

ContinentalFan Apr 17, 2024 6:13 pm

SAN - LHR