FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1863367-what-route-s-do-you-wish-ua-flew.html)

RobOnLI Feb 4, 2024 7:45 am

Originally Posted by autobahnal (Post 35968846)
Amen. YES PLEASE!

I know EWR is unreliable for connecting, and *especially* when UA express is involved, but nevertheless I agree it would be really helpful sometimes. It's interesting that UA doesn't even sell tickets from BWI to northeastern locations (the website returns zero results), and so it's IAD/DCA or bust if you're trying to go to upstate NY, BOS, etc. The website will price a multi-city itinerary via ORD, which I've done to get to BUF, but of course it's highly out of the way.

Not to mention more expensive because UA doesn't file fares ex-BWI to the northeast. So it's pricing BWI-ORD-BUF as two one-ways.

-RM

aresef Feb 4, 2024 10:09 am

Originally Posted by autobahnal (Post 35968846)
Amen. YES PLEASE!

I know EWR is unreliable for connecting, and *especially* when UA express is involved, but nevertheless I agree it would be really helpful sometimes. It's interesting that UA doesn't even sell tickets from BWI to northeastern locations (the website returns zero results), and so it's IAD/DCA or bust if you're trying to go to upstate NY, BOS, etc. The website will price a multi-city itinerary via ORD, which I've done to get to BUF, but of course it's highly out of the way.

For me, I go to Boston at least once a year to staff an anime convention and UA wants to charge me upwards of $600 for 11-hour routings via ORD, three times the cost of direct flights from IAD. I could hitchhike instead.

TravellingChris Feb 4, 2024 10:49 am

Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain (Post 35968777)
Air Canada squeezes in 298 people into a 789-9, versus 257 people on United's aircraft. On AC, that gives a pitch of 30" in Y and only 30 seats in J, which works for a low-cost leisure destination like BKK.

It would be interesting to know what percentage of passengers on AC65 and 66 are connecting to/from the U.S.

NJSwamplands Feb 4, 2024 11:10 am

EWR or IAD to PRG or BUD or VIE but make it much lower than EWR-DBV

fmpacheco Feb 4, 2024 11:51 am

GVA-ORD

maybe I’m selfish here, but that would make it much easier to get to the Midwest and west coast from GVA…

SFO_LOW_CLOUDS Feb 4, 2024 12:16 pm

EWR-TPE (Taipei)

Although it might cannibalize the 2x SFO-TPE too much, unless they downgauge to 787

PsiFighter37 Feb 4, 2024 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by SFO_LOW_CLOUDS (Post 35969635)
EWR-TPE (Taipei)

Although it might cannibalize the 2x SFO-TPE too much, unless they downgauge to 787

My personal take, without going into OMNI land too much, is that UA is perhaps worried about antagonizing PRC and endangering all the routes they currently don't fly and would not want to start another route to TPE? Unsure if that calculus figures in at all. EWR-ANC-NRT-TPE clocks in at 8159 miles, so it's well within the range of the 789.

carbonchaser2 Feb 6, 2024 11:21 pm

Hnl-tyo
hnl-sin/hkg
sfo-dub
sfo-per
sfo-sgn/han
sfo-dps

econ Feb 7, 2024 9:21 am

Originally Posted by carbonchaser2 (Post 35977284)
sfo-dub

I recall this was actually planned a few years ago, but never started.

Repooc17 Feb 7, 2024 9:32 am

sfo-per

Over 9,150 miles. Don't think that's possible with 789.

The Man in Seat 9A Feb 7, 2024 9:49 am

Hnl-tyo
hnl-sin/hkg
sfo-dub
sfo-per
sfo-sgn/han
sfo-dps

Always agree with more SFO international flights, though we are bursting at the seams now, so I'm guessing they will prioritize other gateways. SFO-DUB is interesting given the end to the EI connections this fall.

The Man in Seat 9A Feb 7, 2024 9:56 am

Originally Posted by aresef (Post 35966529)
I just want one thing from their schedule changes and that's the return of the United Express EWR-BWI route. Dulles is a haul so for the moment I feel like the northeast is a bit cut off for me, at least via UA, not to mention the international destinations served by EWR. (Though those are cases where I can be convinced or can convince someone to get me to IAD.)

Amtrak serves EWR-BWI airport to airport, 7x daily, from $37. Yes it's 2.5 hours, but United blocks EWR-DCA at 1:25 so the train seems like a decent alternative. YMMV.

JimInOhio Feb 7, 2024 9:57 am

Originally Posted by The Man in Seat 9A (Post 35978491)
Always agree with more SFO international flights, though we are bursting at the seams now, so I'm guessing they will prioritize other gateways. SFO-DUB is interesting given the end to the EI connections this fall.

Aren't many if not most of the possible EI connections available as all-UA routings anyway?

UA_Flyer Feb 7, 2024 10:00 am

Originally Posted by SFO_LOW_CLOUDS (Post 35969635)
EWR-TPE (Taipei)

Will this route venture into Russian air space? I know Russian air space is an issue for EWR-HKG. TPE is about 200 miles from HKG.

I also support having EWR (or ORD) to TPE. For many traveling from East Coast up and down from Maine to Florida ( with exception of BOS, IAD, EWR), flying to TPE is a two-stop trip via SFO.

JimInOhio Feb 7, 2024 10:05 am

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer (Post 35978531)
Will this route venture into Russian air space? I know Russian air space is an issue for EWR-HKG. TPE is about 200 miles from HKG.

I also support having EWR (or ORD) to TPE. For many traveling from East Coast up and down from Maine to Florida ( with exception of BOS, IAD, EWR), flying to TPE is a two-stop trip via SFO.

UA is probably content to let BR/EVA handle the ORD-TPE route on their own.