Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR Polaris lounge -- preview June 1, 2018 (tickets for miles); open June 4

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EWR Polaris lounge -- preview June 1, 2018 (tickets for miles); open June 4

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by nycityny
They should at least allow access for those of us who are Club members who fly Business on ps flights. Currently we are getting shafted by paying twice for access and having over-crowded lounges that are less comfortable than the terminals themselves.
Given the TATL flights, I don’t think they could do that unless there is a time cutoff per what I suggested. I don’t think there will be capacity to add 32-56 passengers per hour on the EWR-LAX/SFO hourly flights then.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
...I know UA will almost certainly never do this, but I wonder if they might consider allowances to Polaris lounge for westbound p.s. flights before a certain time (say, 4 PM) or for EWR-HNL (which is early morning and would only have people on the early-morning EWR-LHR flight in the lounge at that time). Based on the above analysis, the lounge is going to have substantial excess capacity outside of the late afternoon/evening flights.
True, although they could have a number of pax connecting from TLV, BOM, DEL, EZE, etc. that would be in the lounge early morning waiting for their domestic connections. No idea how many J passengers have onward flights, though. Even pax with EWR as final destination might be using the showers (although come to think of it, I don't think EWR bound Polaris pax can get to the Lounge after clearing customs).

Last edited by tarheelnj; Jun 3, 2018 at 11:31 am
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37

The folks who fly the TPAC flights from EWR should always have an excellent experience, though - the lounge is never going to be filled to capacity for the flights to PVG/PEK/NRT. People on EWR-HKG, being mid-afternoon before the TATL flights, will basically have the lounge to themselves.
I think you are forgetting that there are many UA flights arriving from Europe between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM. Just to list a few: AMS, DUB, GLA, ARN, EDI, BRU, GVA, CDG, MAN, TXL, MUC. Some of the connecting passengers will also occupy the Polaris Lounge.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
The fact that business on p.t.s. service doesn't grant Polaris lounge access (while AA grants Flagship Lounge access) has made me shift all my O&D SF-NYC traffic to AA. I'm really amazed that United doesn't realize that people will want to shower after an eastbound redeye transcon. Even the regular Admirals clubs have showers.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by nycityny
They should at least allow access for those of us who are Club members who fly Business on ps flights. Currently we are getting shafted by paying twice for access and having over-crowded lounges that are less comfortable than the terminals themselves.
My thoughts exactly. And while I'm dreaming why not allow Club members in Y on Polaris flights in too?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
My thoughts exactly. And while I'm dreaming why not allow Club members in Y on Polaris flights in too?
crowding, diminishing premium experience

Folks are talking about a significant expansion of the number of possible admissions. This isn't what the Polaris Lounge was designed for.

The UCs still be less crowded as the Polaris Lounges open and UCs were the promised benefit.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
I’d be against that idea too. Too many people would be allowed in.

I agree that the connecting arrival flights make a difference for sure. I do think that something could still be swung early morning for westbound p.s. and EWR-HNL, though. Given the length of the flight, I think that flight should be granted lounge access...
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA1K, *G, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Next week... EWR-SFO business followed later that night by SFO-SIN polaris business.

Will I be able to use Polaris lounge at EWR before flight to SFO or am I only allowed to use it @ SFO?

First post 😄
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ftusername
Next week... EWR-SFO business followed later that night by SFO-SIN polaris business.

Will I be able to use Polaris lounge at EWR before flight to SFO or am I only allowed to use it @ SFO?

First post 😄
Yes; you'll have access to Polaris lounges at both EWR and SFO due to your Polaris departure from SFO.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
I'm working up a all Polaris run for OCT combining the lounges and the 777er. My routing details aren't firm but my most likely route is EWR-NRT-SFO-ORD-PHL.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
The EWR Polaris Lounge is open and has a new thread -- EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
So will close this thread and refer all to the above thread

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 7, 2018 at 3:52 pm Reason: closure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.