Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR Polaris lounge -- preview June 1, 2018 (tickets for miles); open June 4

EWR Polaris lounge -- preview June 1, 2018 (tickets for miles); open June 4

Old Jun 1, 18, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 View Post

To each their own...I would never take an extra stop on a trip just to hang out at a lounge.

For folks who have visited - how much bigger is the footprint of the Polaris club relative to the old UC? Or is it about the same?
From the press kit photos and what I had seen of the construction, I don't think the footprint has increased?
Old Jun 1, 18, 10:41 am

Programs: Starriott PP, UA 1K, Hertz PC
Not to mention some of the Centurion lounges are pretty nice, albiet no food service

AA has a similar type of lounge, but never been in it. I would say that is probably a pretty big stretch, but it is the internet, so who cares
Old Jun 1, 18, 10:45 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by fumje View Post
From the press kit photos and what I had seen of the construction, I don't think the footprint has increased?
Its quoted to be 27,000 ft., even with the dead space of the old club, I don't think the footprint was that large, didn't they extend to the store that was occupied to the left? I'm not sure, but I'm going to be there next week and looking forward to spending some time there.
Old Jun 1, 18, 10:51 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I only know the ORD Polaris Lounge: being there about 10-12 times with my wife. I really like it. I will have to wait until November to let you know if I like the EWR one better.
Old Jun 1, 18, 10:53 am

Programs: UA GS, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
From pure speculation having not seen SFO or EWR Polaris lounges, I suspect I will like the ORD one better, simply because its smaller footprint will probably make it feel more exclusive.
SkiPremier likes this.
Old Jun 1, 18, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine View Post

Its quoted to be 27,000 ft., even with the dead space of the old club, I don't think the footprint was that large, didn't they extend to the store that was occupied to the left? I'm not sure, but I'm going to be there next week and looking forward to spending some time there.
I have no sense for estimating square footage on that scale. You could certainly be correct. Curious to know how the footprint changed if it did. Most of the photos I think I can place in the old one, but a few I just can't tell about, such as the bar; and I don't know where the daybeds are situated.
Old Jun 1, 18, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by mh3265a View Post
Another winner with the Polaris Lounge. Now a reason to connect from DC into EWR for any international flight.
Given the delays that the IAD-EWR route routinely suffers from I'd not want t take that chance.
Old Jun 1, 18, 11:04 am

Programs: United 1K
I didnt see mentioned above... The preview is today, and official opening is June 4. Of course my EWR Polaris flight is June 3. Do we have any word on "soft open", i.e., any word on whether they might direct people who show up at Clubs at random to Polaris Club before the 4th?
Old Jun 1, 18, 11:12 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by azfanboy View Post
Would this be a fair and accurate thing to say? Thank you for helping me out with this completely useless query
Although I never visited, but I would think the QF F lounge in LAX would still be better. Polaris might be better than *A First lounge in LAX.

LH F dining at JFK offers better food/alcohol, but not large and showers are not as nice.

But I'll be at the EWR Polaris lounge in a few hours to check it out and see for myself.
Old Jun 1, 18, 11:14 am

Programs: United 1K (after 15 years GS) 3MM, Marriott LTTitanium
3 Worls

Originally Posted by villox View Post
From pure speculation having not seen SFO or EWR Polaris lounges, I suspect I will like the ORD one better, simply because its smaller footprint will probably make it feel more exclusive.
But it will be in EWR with Scott at the helm. Nuff said
Old Jun 1, 18, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by azfanboy View Post
I will be going to the Polaris Lounge at EWR this evening and would like to brag about it on my social media that I am at the best lounge in the US right now.

Would this be a fair and accurate thing to say? Thank you for helping me out with this completely useless query
How are you getting access to the EWR Polaris lounge before the public opening on June 4?
chavala likes this.
Old Jun 1, 18, 11:56 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
2500 miles, mileage plus invitation.
DetroitFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 1, 18, 12:01 pm

Programs: United Premier Platinum
Yes, the lounge looks nice and all but it is just a lounge. It's where you wait to get on a flight. I'd like to see the "all direct aisle access" seating that was promised with the announcement of Polaris over the fancy lounges. The flights are way longer than time in a lounge.
Old Jun 1, 18, 12:57 pm

Programs: Starriott PP, UA 1K, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hscottm View Post
I didnt see mentioned above... The preview is today, and official opening is June 4. Of course my EWR Polaris flight is June 3. Do we have any word on "soft open", i.e., any word on whether they might direct people who show up at Clubs at random to Polaris Club before the 4th?

Maybe call the MP desk and see if any of the passes are available for 2500pts. maybe you can get lucky and they give you a pass for your timeslot.
Old Jun 1, 18, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA silver; AA Gold;AGR;HH Gold;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC;National Executive; Johnnie Walker Gold
Originally Posted by hscottm View Post
If we use the recent SFO Polaris lounge opening as a guide, the answer would be "no" Between the SFO lounge preview on a Friday and its official opening on the following Monday, the lounge was definitely closed.

Search this Thread