Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR Polaris lounge -- preview June 1, 2018 (tickets for miles); open June 4

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EWR Polaris lounge -- preview June 1, 2018 (tickets for miles); open June 4

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: MP - 1K, Hyatt - Platt, SPG - Gold
Polaris Lounge EWR question

So I am flying into EWR from TLV, arriving at 4:10am, and have a flight out at 3pm to ORD. Flying Polaris at the end of the June. I plan on going into NYC for a meeting during the layover.

Will the Polaris Lounge have showers? Will I be able to use it? Will it be open at 5? If I check my bag, I assume that I can pick it up in EWR and drop it off after I shower instead of rechecking right away. My other option is to get a hotel room for the a few hours, just looking to save a little money.

Thanks,

Last edited by nyr2299; May 30, 2018 at 1:28 pm Reason: Bad title
Old May 30, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
IIRC, the Polaris lounge at EWR doesn't open for a few more weeks, they have been put in ORD and SFO, so I think its safe to assume they will have a shower. I really don't know if EWR hours have been posted yet.
Old May 30, 2018, 3:19 pm

EWR Polaris Lounge opens June 4th...it will have shower rooms as well as relaxation rooms for rest or nap. Hours should be posted by next week and hopefully they'll have early morning opening.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by nyr2299
So I am flying into EWR from TLV, arriving at 4:10am, and have a flight out at 3pm to ORD. Flying Polaris at the end of the June. I plan on going into NYC for a meeting during the layover.

Will the Polaris Lounge have showers? Will I be able to use it? Will it be open at 5? If I check my bag, I assume that I can pick it up in EWR and drop it off after I shower instead of rechecking right away. My other option is to get a hotel room for the a few hours, just looking to save a little money.

Thanks,
It will be open by then (not sure how early but considering TLV and DEL both arrive around this time there’s a possibility?...otherwise you might have to hang out in the United Club for awhile until it opens)

It will have showers, but it will be after security. If it’s not carryon sized you wouldn’t be able to bring it back through security, and if it was a carryon sized not sure why you’d go through security, shower, exit security, check it, then go through security again...other than you have lots of time.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:23 am

Media previews today. Here are some early pics from twitter:

ContinentalFan and schley like this.
Old May 31, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
If flying J on Avianca or J on Air Canada out of EWR will this grant me access to the Polaris Lounge?
Old May 31, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by theboss7593
If flying J on Avianca or J on Air Canada out of EWR will this grant me access to the Polaris Lounge?
While the Polaris lounge access page on united.com would indicate yes, it seems the short-haul star alliance business class flights are not eligible. Especially Air Canada.
Old May 31, 2018, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Picture from new lounge--

https://pizzainmotion.boardingarea.c...718.1520100041

Sadly, I was not able to be there this morning.
Old May 31, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: All the programs!
UA's press release: A New Star in the Airport Lounge Scene: The United Polaris Lounge Opens at Newark Liberty International Airport - May 31, 2018

Link to photos: United - Newsroom - Photos
Old May 31, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: United 1K, 1.9MM
Does anyone know if there will be a new United Club to replace the pop-up at T# EWR?
Old May 31, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by acr113
Does anyone know if there will be a new United Club to replace the pop-up at T# EWR?
Supposedly a new UC is in the works on the C-3 concourse above the departures level, but no construction activity is evident.
ghm123 likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 1:51 pm

According to today's Media Preview reviews, the Polaris Lounge at EWR will be open from 4:30 AM-10:30 PM! There are 10 shower rooms and 10 relaxation rooms...not sure if these can be reserved in advance or booked on lounge arrival? (At the old UC facility, you could call ahead.)
Old May 31, 2018, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by freestay
According to today's Media Preview reviews, the Polaris Lounge at EWR will be open from 4:30 AM-10:30 PM! There are 10 shower rooms and 10 relaxation rooms...not sure if these can be reserved in advance or booked on lounge arrival? (At the old UC facility, you could call ahead.)
I'm honestly quite surprised. I guess they must be expecting early morning ORD-bound or PS traffic connecting to Polaris. What's the earliest ex-EWR Polaris flight?

Edit: Looked it up myself. As I figured, it's the flight to LHR at 8:30. Good to know i could show up and have 4 hours of Polaris time before that flight

Inbound DEL, MUM, and TLV connecting passengers are going to be quite happy!

Last edited by villox; May 31, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Old May 31, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Lounge looks GREAT. Entrance area is pretty much how I imagined it to look, after being able to peek into the door a few months back.

Ironically the lounge is opening EXACTLY at a time when I am NOT flying through EWR for several months (my longest absence in 10+ years).
Old May 31, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by villox
Inbound DEL, MUM, and TLV connecting passengers are going to be quite happy!
Yeah. Now if only CBP would staff immigration so the TLV arrival could unload when it gets to the gate and its passengers could freshen up in the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.