Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New "Invitation-only" restaurant "Classified" at EWR. Reopened 13 September 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Reopening Sept 13, 2022. If you login, reservations are available starting on that date. See below for the login/check access link.

menu for CLASSIFIED

Check if you were invited:
https://classified.united.com/dining/Login
or classified.united.com/dining

Print Wikipost

New "Invitation-only" restaurant "Classified" at EWR. Reopened 13 September 2022

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2024, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
I have actually talked to someone at United about this very lounge and how they send out invites, etc. They are very specific about who they are inviting. I noted someone here said, "why don't they foucus on passengers with long layovers." Well this is specifically what they do not want in there. They do not want this to turn into a United Club with peiople camped out. Their ideal guest is only there for about an hour and half. They order an expensive meal, and preferably very expensive spirits or wine, etc. They only start sending out invitations to lower teirs of status when its wide open. Ultimately they want an international passenger who has just enough time on a connection to spend a lot and has a history of doing so with the airline.

Personally I love it there. I had a 4 day east coast swing that ended on a Friday in NYC, and got the airport about 2 hours ahead of my flight home. It was the perfect place to sit, with very few people, and decompress after a long travel week. I have been there many times and I like how there is constant turnover, which makes it feel very quite and comfortable. The food is great (for an airport), but completely worth it for me.
Thanks for the insight. Make sense. I fly UA a lot, and EWR is one of my home bases, so I usually start from there, thus the targeted email seemingly every week.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Quite honestly I rather like Classified, and I'm probably the right target demographic (i.e. willing to spend money for a high-end / quiet space and a nice meal in the airport). For a while I viewed Classified as a major plus for flying from EWR, and I'd much rather spend $30 per flight there than a similar amortized cost for a UC membership.

The only problem? It's in C, and UA consistently schedules the SEA flight out of A, so now I never go.
Old Yesterday, 11:35 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
I have actually talked to someone at United about this very lounge and how they send out invites, etc. They are very specific about who they are inviting. I noted someone here said, "why don't they foucus on passengers with long layovers." Well this is specifically what they do not want in there. They do not want this to turn into a United Club with peiople camped out. Their ideal guest is only there for about an hour and half. They order an expensive meal, and preferably very expensive spirits or wine, etc. They only start sending out invitations to lower teirs of status when its wide open. Ultimately they want an international passenger who has just enough time on a connection to spend a lot and has a history of doing so with the airline.

Personally I love it there. I had a 4 day east coast swing that ended on a Friday in NYC, and got the airport about 2 hours ahead of my flight home. It was the perfect place to sit, with very few people, and decompress after a long travel week. I have been there many times and I like how there is constant turnover, which makes it feel very quite and comfortable. The food is great (for an airport), but completely worth it for me.
If this is true, then I must be an outlier. When I get invited, which seems to be about 75% of the time, I'm either originating or terminating at EWR or have a long connection (ie ABE-EWR-BOS)
Old Today, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Quite honestly I rather like Classified, and I'm probably the right target demographic (i.e. willing to spend money for a high-end / quiet space and a nice meal in the airport). For a while I viewed Classified as a major plus for flying from EWR, and I'd much rather spend $30 per flight there than a similar amortized cost for a UC membership.

The only problem? It's in C, and UA consistently schedules the SEA flight out of A, so now I never go.
Curious, what type of meal are you getting at Classified for $30? I have never been, but thought meal prices would be much higher than that.
Shoot, $30 at normal OTG spots in airport sounds like a small sandwich, chips, and a drink would eat it up.
Old Today, 6:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Interesting, DENflyer3 , it wouldn't have occurred to me to camp out in Classified when the Polaris lounge is an option, but I get that people doing so could be a concern. Almost all my visits to EWR are layovers, one of these times if I've got a few hours I'll give Classified a try.
Old Today, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Curious, what type of meal are you getting at Classified for $30? I have never been, but thought meal prices would be much higher than that.
Shoot, $30 at normal OTG spots in airport sounds like a small sandwich, chips, and a drink would eat it up.
The french dip sandwich used to come out to around that after tax and tip, minus the MP cardholder discount. It might be a bit more with inflation, I haven’t been in a year or so now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.