Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Invitation-only restaurant "Classified" at EWR {Archive}

Old Jan 27, 2024, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Reopening Sept 13, 2022. If you login, reservations are available starting on that date. See below for the login/check access link.

menu for CLASSIFIED
{now requires login access} -- see here for Aug 2017 version

Check if you were invited:
https://classified.united.com/dining/Login
or classified.united.com/dining

Print Wikipost

New Invitation-only restaurant "Classified" at EWR {Archive}

Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:46 pm

Ah, I shall remember this. Thank you, tarheelnj.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:33 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
By best chance to try thismin a couple days, but we arrive in terminal A. Our connection is out of C the following day, but I don't want to try Classified at that time.
Any way to get from A to C just to try a restaurant?? (No, I won't try the "refundable ticket" for this).
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zip
By best chance to try thismin a couple days, but we arrive in terminal A. Our connection is out of C the following day, but I don't want to try Classified at that time.
Any way to get from A to C just to try a restaurant?? (No, I won't try the "refundable ticket" for this).
Just take the airside bus from A to C.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:34 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
I thought that the inter-terminal bus required a valid BP at the destination terminal.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I've received a couple of emails from UA with 'open' invitations for Classified, most recently this week :
"As one of our most valued customers, you are one of a select few to receive an open invitation to dine at CLASSIFIED, a contemporary restaurant at Newark Airport ."This upscale dining space, tucked away from the crowds in Terminal C, offers a seasonally influenced menu inspired by acclaimed New York City chef Marc Forgione.Make a reservation to dine at CLASSIFIED for any upcoming flight through Newark by visiting united.com/CLASSIFIED "

Does this mean they are trying to increase business?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Zip
I thought that the inter-terminal bus required a valid BP at the destination terminal.
No. You can tell the (idiotic) bus routing staff that you're going to a club/restaurant/etc. in another terminal. For instance, I'll land in Terminal C, take the bus to Terminal A to go to the UC. Here, they'd land/disembark at A, tell the (idiotic) bus staff that they're going to eat at the Classified restaurant in C, take the bus to C, eat at the restaurant and then take the bus back to A.

Originally Posted by mauld
I've received a couple of emails from UA with 'open' invitations for Classified, most recently this week :
"As one of our most valued customers, you are one of a select few to receive an open invitation to dine at CLASSIFIED, a contemporary restaurant at Newark Airport ."This upscale dining space, tucked away from the crowds in Terminal C, offers a seasonally influenced menu inspired by acclaimed New York City chef Marc Forgione.Make a reservation to dine at CLASSIFIED for any upcoming flight through Newark by visiting united.com/CLASSIFIED "

Does this mean they are trying to increase business?
Uh, yes.

David
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Zip
Some time ago, the bus dragons were maniacal about seeing boarding passes "proving" you needed to get to another terminal.
They have relaxed markedly of late, and most of the time don't even ask...except to confirm if you want to go to A, B, or C.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
My flight was delayed by 4 hours last Friday evening, so my partner and I decided to try the Classified for dinner. United Clubs at EWR have been like zoos lately, so a nice quiet dinner was in play for us.

We had the East and West Coast oysters, Thai calamari, Classified burger and three local cheese sampler for desert.

While my partner preferred the West Coast oysters, I like the East Coast one. The Thai Calamari was excellent, but so was the burger. Cheese plate was a nice surprise! 20% off for being Mileage Plus VISA cardholder. A nice meal for an airport restaurant.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Jun 23, 2019 at 8:41 pm
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Looks so yummy! I really like this restaurant and agree that it's a welcome change from the overcrowded UC
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:31 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
My flight was delayed by 4 hours last Friday evening, so my partner and I decided to try the Classified for dinner. United Clubs at EWR have been like zoos lately, so a nice quiet dinner was in play for us.

We had the East and West Coast oysters, Thai calamari, Classified burger and three local cheese sampler for desert.

While my partner preferred the West Coast oysters, I like the East Coast one. The Thai Calamari was excellent, but so was the burger. Cheese plate was a nice surprise! 20% off for being Mileage Plus VISA cardholder. A nice meal for an airport restaurant.

I don’t think they do, but that bun looks so similar to the Polaris burger that I wonder if they share a kitchen (they do border). Maybe the same supplier..
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by villox

I don’t think they do, but that bun looks so similar to the Polaris burger that I wonder if they share a kitchen (they do border). Maybe the same supplier..
Sysco. They're supplied by Sysco

I've dined at Classified recently and I was impressed. Sure, the prices are a bit steep for what you get, but the food is decent, and I'd consider the higher prices to be part of the "cost of admission" to such an exclusive quiet(er) place to dine.

I had the shellfish sampler, which was great. They didn't have any stone crab claws, but they substituted them with three additional oysters and an additional middleneck clam instead, which was more than a fair substitution. Based on a recommendation here on this thread, I also got the chili lobster which was decent as well. The dessert menu wasn't appealing to me, so I washed it down with a glass of dessert wine (I don't remember which one I had).
Old Jun 24, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium
With how crazy the United Clubs are these days, I just roll up to Classified (no reservation) and post up there to wait out my flight delay even if I'm not that hungry. I'll order an app and a couple glasses of wine. There usually aren't very many people there so it's nice and quiet.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA GS (1MM), DL Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Avis CC
I have it on good authority that the iPads are going to be removed from Classified in the very near future!

It would be a much needed improvement to be able to dine with someone without having to peek around a bight Chase credit card ad!
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
We had the East and West Coast oysters,

While my partner preferred the West Coast oysters, I like the East Coast one.

Do they have a Muscadet in their wine list to go with the oysters?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
EWR Classified Anyone Recently Been?

I got my second invite for Classified today.. Didn't go earlier in the year since I had Polaris Lounge access. Yay, Nay Maybe on visiting? I've seen some pictures of where Chase picked up the tab for having a Mileage Plus card. Anyone on here had their whole tab picked up by Chase?

Last edited by seat38a; Jul 1, 2019 at 3:15 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.