Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Invitation-only restaurant "Classified" at EWR {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2024, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Reopening Sept 13, 2022. If you login, reservations are available starting on that date. See below for the login/check access link.

menu for CLASSIFIED
{now requires login access} -- see here for Aug 2017 version

Check if you were invited:
https://classified.united.com/dining/Login
or classified.united.com/dining

Print Wikipost

New Invitation-only restaurant "Classified" at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by fumje
What do you mean by 'invited [you] to join'? Reports are that you can typically walk up with no reservation.

Did you provide your photo when you reserved? Or how did they get your photo?
Voluntarily provided it when I made the reservation so they would recognize me.

I didn't just do it out of the blue or ego, but because it's an option on the reservation form. Figured they would either see me coming when I entered Saison (did not happen) or recognize me by face once I entered Classified (did happen).
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phltraveler
Voluntarily provided it when I made the reservation so they would recognize me.

I didn't just do it out of the blue or ego, but because it's an option on the reservation form. Figured they would either see me coming when I entered Saison (did not happen) or recognize me by face once I entered Classified (did happen).
Interesting, thanks. I never went through with the reservation and didn't know that was an option.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
What do you mean by 'invited [you] to join'? Reports are that you can typically walk up with no reservation.
Server said "I've really enjoyed talking to you, you travel a lot, if you'd like I will introduce you to the manager so he can put your contact information on the list and you can join us any time you want."

I perceived that, and the mangers confirmation as an invitation. Don't you?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Madone59
Server said "I've really enjoyed talking to you, you travel a lot, if you'd like I will introduce you to the manager so he can put your contact information on the list and you can join us any time you want."

Sure seems to be an open invitation to dine! I was unsure if it was an invitation to join MP. I suppose it may not be linked to the reservation system, but I would be surprised if they turn you away.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:25 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by dangerhsun
When you walked in, did they take your MileagePlus number? If you were not a 1K, do you think you would have been able to enter?

Would someone flying another airline, with no United status be allowed? If so, it takes a little bit away from the prestige of it!

I'm eating there for the first time this Sunday. This is my second year as Global Services... I wonder, do they distinguish between a GS and other customers? I think it would be nice if they did something special for their top-revenue customers
Originally Posted by Madone59

Based on my experience: I got an invite via e-mail, went to the website, but it says I'm not eligible. Added MP account to allow promotional e-mail, waited a couple of days, and was able to make reservation on the website.

The one time I did a walk in, they confirmed and looked up that I had a reservation in the past and allowed me to enter that way. I am guessing that's what the manager is doing - adding contact info to the database, so you can walk in anytime without reservation. Similar to CRM function within OpenTable.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Sure seems to be an open invitation to dine! I was unsure if it was an invitation to join MP. I suppose it may not be linked to the reservation system, but I would be surprised if they turn you away.
That's what I'm thinking. We will find out in a few weeks I am sure.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 11:58 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Really dumb question and I’m pretty sure the answer is no, but thought I’d ask anyway, given that Classified tries to market itself as an upscale dining experience.
Would I be denied entry if I have a reservation, but I’m wearing shorts and sandals? Never been there and have reservation at lunch time on a Thursday.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
I would be surprised if you were...unless you are just in from twenty days in Borneo
Old Jul 20, 2018, 12:43 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by S.R
Really dumb question and I’m pretty sure the answer is no, but thought I’d ask anyway, given that Classified tries to market itself as an upscale dining experience.
Would I be denied entry if I have a reservation, but I’m wearing shorts and sandals? Never been there and have reservation at lunch time on a Thursday.
I dined in shorts and a t-shirt. No issues at all
Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hughw
Sounds like they're not doing so well. As a lowly Gold, I just received an invite at Classified for any upcoming flight, one in Y, and the other an award flight.
It's worse than you think, I'm only Silver and they've been inviting me
Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:28 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone been there the past few days? I was there on Thursday and it was pretty hot inside, not too hot but definitely warmer then Saison or the terminal in general. Is the AC broken again?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:37 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by S.R
Has anyone been there the past few days? I was there on Thursday and it was pretty hot inside, not too hot but definitely warmer then Saison or the terminal in general. Is the AC broken again?
It was HOT end of June
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
I was there on Friday for breakfast- used the two $20 vouchers I had gotten the evening before in the Polaris Lounge because of a double cancellation and a forced overnight. It was a bit warm in Classified but wasn’t too bad. They had a blower fan running inside.

I had made my reservation online about an hour before and had no issues getting in. Although, the Saison staff did verify that I had a reservation.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: Marriot LT Titanium/Hertz PC/UA 1MM 1K
I've been to Classified quite a few times over the past year always on a rev ticket in F. Hardly ever see any invite but have always just logged in and made the reservation 10mins prior. Never have had any issues. In May and June it was a little hot. I've only been there around a weekday afternoon 1-3ish on my visits and it has never been crowded.

Food and drinks are generally overpriced but there are a few items on the menu that are worth the visit- the open faced steak sandwich has been a go-to for me. Less than 20 bucks with fries.. unfortunately just today I didn't see it on there. They may be switching up the menus bit. Got the sliders... Eh. The new open faced loses the egg, onions, and hollandaise it looked like for cheese and fried onions. And it's now 22.

Glass of vino is ok outside of the rip off for the extra pour. I've never seen the comped meal, but I also never realized I should be entering my MP info in as I don't have the Chase. (I'm an Amex guy). Will try to use that next time after I throw an order on there for a Louie XIII and see what happens! (what airport has this?!?) It's 100 a pour but only guessing a shot pour and not a standard pour that usually goes for 200-300+.

I like Classified- it's quiet and you get to escape the madness for a bit here. And hey, two private bathrooms!
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold Club
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What happens when you pay in advance, the food doesn't arrive for a long time, and your flight is departing?
I ate there yesterday. The food came out very quick and the staff is definitely professional. Nice quiet place. Better than the garbage pop up united club. So loud.

And if there's an issue? Same as any other resteraut. Have the manager make it right.

Originally Posted by LesPaul30
I've been to Classified quite a few times over the past year always on a rev ticket in F. Hardly ever see any invite but have always just logged in and made the reservation 10mins prior. Never have had any issues. In May and June it was a little hot. I've only been there around a weekday afternoon 1-3ish on my visits and it has never been crowded.

Food and drinks are generally overpriced but there are a few items on the menu that are worth the visit- the open faced steak sandwich has been a go-to for me. Less than 20 bucks with fries.. unfortunately just today I didn't see it on there. They may be switching up the menus bit. Got the sliders... Eh. The new open faced loses the egg, onions, and hollandaise it looked like for cheese and fried onions. And it's now 22.

Glass of vino is ok outside of the rip off for the extra pour. I've never seen the comped meal, but I also never realized I should be entering my MP info in as I don't have the Chase. (I'm an Amex guy). Will try to use that next time after I throw an order on there for a Louie XIII and see what happens! (what airport has this?!?) It's 100 a pour but only guessing a shot pour and not a standard pour that usually goes for 200-300+.

I like Classified- it's quiet and you get to escape the madness for a bit here. And hey, two private bathrooms!
Lobster roll also good.

I'm an AMEX guy too but still have a chase. Got the 20 percent off and didn't even use my Chase card. Just have to have one. Ha .

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 10, 2018 at 7:18 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.