Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Invitation-only restaurant "Classified" at EWR. Reopened 13 September 2022

Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Reopening Sept 13, 2022. If you login, reservations are available starting on that date. See below for the login/check access link.

menu for CLASSIFIED

Check if you were invited:
https://classified.united.com/dining/Login
or classified.united.com/dining

Print Wikipost

New Invitation-only restaurant "Classified" at EWR. Reopened 13 September 2022

Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Looks like I finally managed to snag an invite. What's the best time to go? Is there a "peak hour" that I should avoid?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Looks like I finally managed to snag an invite. What's the best time to go? Is there a "peak hour" that I should avoid?
I went around 1 pm and aside from me, there were only two other people there.
Polytonic likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 8:32 pm

What if I want to pay with cash, or don't have a smartphone? Do they take your order the traditional way in that case?
Old Oct 21, 2022, 3:09 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by NikoLGA
What if I want to pay with cash, or don't have a smartphone? Do they take your order the traditional way in that case?
They likely don’t take cash. As for those without smartphones, I’d venture a guess that everyone who is target for the restaurant has one, since they all seem to be high tier elites.

I don’t know for sure, but that’s my 2¢
Old Oct 22, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Gold
Originally Posted by NikoLGA
I asked if I could order without a smartphone, and was told I couldn't do that. So I ordered with my laptop. Having to do that was not ideal.

p.s. I have a smartphone, just don't have access to most websites.
uanj likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
I received an invite to dine at Classified on Tuesday via email for the first time since Classified temporarily closed in 2020 (this is the first time I am flying United since it reopened last month).

I don't know if timing will permit, but I will note that the email did mention the following:

Originally Posted by United
Plus, United MileagePlus® primary Cardmembers: remember to pay with your card, enter your MileagePlus number at order checkout and save 20% on dining (excluding gratuity) here.*

*Primary Cardmembers must enter your MileagePlus number at order checkout to be eligible for this discount. Excludes gratuity. Available at Newark Terminal C select dining locations (dine-in or take-out); excludes quick serves. This offer is only available to Primary Cardmembers of a United MileagePlus card issued by Chase.

I will note that it is a different email than my last email inviting me to eat at Classified (both in format and text), so while it could be an oversight, I'd be curious if the QR code ordering permitted Mileageplus # entry, and where bills ultimately fall when the credit card statement settles.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by kfreezen
I asked if I could order without a smartphone, and was told I couldn't do that. So I ordered with my laptop. Having to do that was not ideal.

p.s. I have a smartphone, just don't have access to most websites.
When my wife and I went, my phone refused to read the code, my ineptitude probably didn't didn't help.

The server said he hates the QR system and manually took our orders, so they do have a system, whether any individual employee wants to be helpful is anyone's guess.

He did need my credit card upfront, but said he would bring the check like normal at the end.

All in it was a good experience and that is saying a lot because I dislike OTG immensely.
Xyzzy likes this.

Last edited by kmersh; Oct 25, 2022 at 7:26 am
Old Oct 24, 2022, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by United747
Obviously it’s a YMMV situation, but I wouldn’t call Polaris Lounge dining “excellent”. Nor do I care for the crowding or long waits (both for a table and for food) around the EU departure banks

Is it better than the United Club, sure. But Classified has had consistently good food and it’s generally been empty when I’ve been
For sure YMMV, and everyone's taste is different, but I am for one am glad that you will be eating at Classified so that I can have less wait at the Polaris Lounge, which I clearly prefer over Classified
United747 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 12:35 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by phltraveler
I received an invite to dine at Classified on Tuesday via email for the first time since Classified temporarily closed in 2020 (this is the first time I am flying United since it reopened last month).

I don't know if timing will permit, but I will note that the email did mention the following:

I will note that it is a different email than my last email inviting me to eat at Classified (both in format and text), so while it could be an oversight, I'd be curious if the QR code ordering permitted Mileageplus # entry, and where bills ultimately fall when the credit card statement settles.
I dined yesterday and my experience was this:

You have to sign up for an account after scanning the QR code, and link your MP number and your Chase MP card to your account before you checkout. It's not intuitive, and not mentioned up front.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diburning
I dined yesterday and my experience was this:

You have to sign up for an account after scanning the QR code, and link your MP number and your Chase MP card to your account before you checkout. It's not intuitive, and not mentioned up front.
And just to confirm, after doing so -20% was applied?
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 6:39 pm

Unfortunately, I do not have a Chase MP card to try. But, I did notice that the section is specifically labeled "Add MileagePlus Chase Card" and it ONLY appears if you have an active cart at Classified (not at any other OTG establishment)
Old Oct 25, 2022, 7:48 pm

I was here earlier today, ordered the oysters, prime rib dip sandwich, and a passionfruit soda. Service was impeccable, got an amuse bouche upon sitting down and a chocolate at the end. A bit pricey, but it was my first time and I figured why not live it up a bit.

Overall, I would absolutely recommend this over anything else at EWR (other than maybe Polaris Lounge, which I’ve never been to). The food and service is real/upscale restaurant quality, and the space is lovely, not crowded at all, and has WiFi/tarmac views for doing some work after eating.

Ordering was a bit like any other food delivery mechanism, add a bunch of stuff to cart and checkout. During checkout, there was a discounts/promo code section that loaded a page where I was able to add my MileagePlus number, and it knew I was an MP cardholder and gave me the 20% discount. I was able to pay with an Amex Gold, so let’s see if it codes as 4x on dining.

Can’t upload photos, WiFi is a bit slow on this 737, but I’ll see about adding them in once I land.
Xyzzy, uanj and AeRoSpaceman like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Polytonic
I was here earlier today, ordered the oysters, prime rib dip sandwich, and a passionfruit soda.
I think I had the exact same order when I went
Polytonic likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 12:33 pm

Spoiler

kirkwoodj and FriendlySkies like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 6:36 pm

I had the Bluefin Tuna Crudo, the Littleneck Clams, the Wagyu Ribeye Cap, and the Creme Brulee.

The clams were mildly gritty. They needed to purge some more!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.