Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Invitation-only restaurant "Classified" at EWR.

New Invitation-only restaurant "Classified" at EWR.

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 1, 19, 6:28 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 13, 19, 3:46 pm
  #466  
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Charlottesville, VA, USA and Porto, Portugal
Posts: 281
Ah, I shall remember this. Thank you, tarheelnj.
Pete is offline  
Old Jun 17, 19, 7:33 am
  #467  
Zip
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Akron, OH
Programs: UA-MM, 1K; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,338
By best chance to try thismin a couple days, but we arrive in terminal A. Our connection is out of C the following day, but I don't want to try Classified at that time.
Any way to get from A to C just to try a restaurant?? (No, I won't try the "refundable ticket" for this).
Zip is offline  
Old Jun 17, 19, 7:41 am
  #468  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 4,425
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
By best chance to try thismin a couple days, but we arrive in terminal A. Our connection is out of C the following day, but I don't want to try Classified at that time.
Any way to get from A to C just to try a restaurant?? (No, I won't try the "refundable ticket" for this).
Just take the airside bus from A to C.
fumje is offline  
Old Jun 17, 19, 8:34 am
  #469  
Zip
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Akron, OH
Programs: UA-MM, 1K; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,338
I thought that the inter-terminal bus required a valid BP at the destination terminal.
Zip is offline  
Old Jun 17, 19, 12:02 pm
  #470  
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Central New Jersey
Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Posts: 6,171
I've received a couple of emails from UA with 'open' invitations for Classified, most recently this week :
"As one of our most valued customers, you are one of a select few to receive an open invitation to dine at CLASSIFIED, a contemporary restaurant at Newark Airport ."This upscale dining space, tucked away from the crowds in Terminal C, offers a seasonally influenced menu inspired by acclaimed New York City chef Marc Forgione.Make a reservation to dine at CLASSIFIED for any upcoming flight through Newark by visiting united.com/CLASSIFIED "

Does this mean they are trying to increase business?
mauld is offline  
Old Jun 17, 19, 2:32 pm
  #471  
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: TOA
Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Posts: 3,506
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
I thought that the inter-terminal bus required a valid BP at the destination terminal.
No. You can tell the (idiotic) bus routing staff that you're going to a club/restaurant/etc. in another terminal. For instance, I'll land in Terminal C, take the bus to Terminal A to go to the UC. Here, they'd land/disembark at A, tell the (idiotic) bus staff that they're going to eat at the Classified restaurant in C, take the bus to C, eat at the restaurant and then take the bus back to A.

Originally Posted by mauld View Post
I've received a couple of emails from UA with 'open' invitations for Classified, most recently this week :
"As one of our most valued customers, you are one of a select few to receive an open invitation to dine at CLASSIFIED, a contemporary restaurant at Newark Airport ."This upscale dining space, tucked away from the crowds in Terminal C, offers a seasonally influenced menu inspired by acclaimed New York City chef Marc Forgione.Make a reservation to dine at CLASSIFIED for any upcoming flight through Newark by visiting united.com/CLASSIFIED "

Does this mean they are trying to increase business?
Uh, yes.

David
DELee is offline  
Old Jun 17, 19, 3:23 pm
  #472  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DAY
Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Posts: 7,318
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
I thought that the inter-terminal bus required a valid BP at the destination terminal.
Some time ago, the bus dragons were maniacal about seeing boarding passes "proving" you needed to get to another terminal.
They have relaxed markedly of late, and most of the time don't even ask...except to confirm if you want to go to A, B, or C.
goodeats21 is online now  
Old Jun 23, 19, 8:11 pm
  #473  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: DCA/IAD/MIA/FLL/PBI
Programs: UA Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS
Posts: 10,371
My flight was delayed by 4 hours last Friday evening, so my partner and I decided to try the Classified for dinner. United Clubs at EWR have been like zoos lately, so a nice quiet dinner was in play for us.

We had the East and West Coast oysters, Thai calamari, Classified burger and three local cheese sampler for desert.

While my partner preferred the West Coast oysters, I like the East Coast one. The Thai Calamari was excellent, but so was the burger. Cheese plate was a nice surprise! 20% off for being Mileage Plus VISA cardholder. A nice meal for an airport restaurant.






AeRoSpaceman and narvik like this.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Jun 23, 19 at 8:41 pm
UA_Flyer is offline  
Old Jun 23, 19, 8:28 pm
  #474  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Philadelphia, LAX, Paris
Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHONOR Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum
Posts: 2,636
Looks so yummy! I really like this restaurant and agree that it's a welcome change from the overcrowded UC
sapguy is offline  
Old Jun 24, 19, 12:31 am
  #475  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Programs: UA GS, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,072
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer View Post
My flight was delayed by 4 hours last Friday evening, so my partner and I decided to try the Classified for dinner. United Clubs at EWR have been like zoos lately, so a nice quiet dinner was in play for us.

We had the East and West Coast oysters, Thai calamari, Classified burger and three local cheese sampler for desert.

While my partner preferred the West Coast oysters, I like the East Coast one. The Thai Calamari was excellent, but so was the burger. Cheese plate was a nice surprise! 20% off for being Mileage Plus VISA cardholder. A nice meal for an airport restaurant.






I donít think they do, but that bun looks so similar to the Polaris burger that I wonder if they share a kitchen (they do border). Maybe the same supplier..
villox is offline  
Old Jun 24, 19, 1:01 am
  #476  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New England
Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
Posts: 3,674
Originally Posted by villox View Post


I donít think they do, but that bun looks so similar to the Polaris burger that I wonder if they share a kitchen (they do border). Maybe the same supplier..
Sysco. They're supplied by Sysco

I've dined at Classified recently and I was impressed. Sure, the prices are a bit steep for what you get, but the food is decent, and I'd consider the higher prices to be part of the "cost of admission" to such an exclusive quiet(er) place to dine.

I had the shellfish sampler, which was great. They didn't have any stone crab claws, but they substituted them with three additional oysters and an additional middleneck clam instead, which was more than a fair substitution. Based on a recommendation here on this thread, I also got the chili lobster which was decent as well. The dessert menu wasn't appealing to me, so I washed it down with a glass of dessert wine (I don't remember which one I had).
onthesam and narvik like this.
diburning is online now  
Old Jun 24, 19, 9:52 am
  #477  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: IAH
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 188
With how crazy the United Clubs are these days, I just roll up to Classified (no reservation) and post up there to wait out my flight delay even if I'm not that hungry. I'll order an app and a couple glasses of wine. There usually aren't very many people there so it's nice and quiet.
Lawyerneering is offline  
Old Jun 24, 19, 12:39 pm
  #478  

2019 Secret Santa
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Programs: UA Plat (1MM), Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Avis CC
Posts: 458
I have it on good authority that the iPads are going to be removed from Classified in the very near future!

It would be a much needed improvement to be able to dine with someone without having to peek around a bight Chase credit card ad!
ContinentalFan and narvik like this.
SteveHK is offline  
Old Jun 24, 19, 7:45 pm
  #479  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 3,449
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer View Post
We had the East and West Coast oysters,

While my partner preferred the West Coast oysters, I like the East Coast one.


Do they have a Muscadet in their wine list to go with the oysters?
StuckinITH is offline  
Old Jul 1, 19, 2:23 pm
  #480  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Orange County California
Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Mileage Plus Silver
Posts: 1,069
EWR Classified Anyone Recently Been?

I got my second invite for Classified today.. Didn't go earlier in the year since I had Polaris Lounge access. Yay, Nay Maybe on visiting? I've seen some pictures of where Chase picked up the tab for having a Mileage Plus card. Anyone on here had their whole tab picked up by Chase?

Last edited by seat38a; Jul 1, 19 at 3:15 pm
seat38a is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread