Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Invitation-only restaurant "Classified" at EWR.

New Invitation-only restaurant "Classified" at EWR.

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 1, 19, 6:28 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 26, 18, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA PP, AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott LTPP, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
The Polaris lounge is pretty slick
That's what I hear. I'll be there in Feb on why way to Zürich. However, when flying domestic UCs are the only option and are awful in EWR.
Old Sep 5, 18, 11:43 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM, Hilton Gold
No invite, so my money's probably not good enough for them, but... is a 1:24 connection enough time to try it out? Maybe an appetizer and a drink and then off to the plane?
Old Sep 5, 18, 11:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Miles Ahead View Post
No invite, so my money's probably not good enough for them, but... is a 1:24 connection enough time to try it out? Maybe an appetizer and a drink and then off to the plane?
Yes easily enough time - service has always been pretty quick and I eat there often - a little slice of sanity in a pretty crazy place....
Phil Level likes this.
Old Sep 13, 18, 10:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA 1K 2MM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), AS MVP
Is it with getting to EWR early to go to this? If so how much time does one need? We have a 12pm PS flight from EWR to SFO and was thinking 10:15am Reservation? If at all?
Old Sep 14, 18, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by SF1K View Post
Is it with getting to EWR early to go to this? If so how much time does one need? We have a 12pm PS flight from EWR to SFO and was thinking 10:15am Reservation? If at all?

I would make a reservation if you can, but try without one. Reports say it doesn't matter, but I haven't experienced that. 10:15 is plenty of time. It is nice to eat well on the ground and just relax inflight. I ask for a bag of Haribo from the back and I'm good.
Old Sep 14, 18, 6:43 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Supima View Post
Yes easily enough time - service has always been pretty quick and I eat there often - a little slice of sanity in a pretty crazy place....
Thanks. It didn't work out this time - slightly late arrival and a departure from Terminal B (I didn't even know UA flied out of B) and it was not realistic.
Old Oct 22, 18, 6:23 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Silver
I got an email (first time) to make a reservation tomorrow during one of my layovers in EWR tomorrow but when I click the link to do so and enter my MP number, it tells me 'Thanks for your interest but it is only for select MP members'. What the heck? They told me to sign up.
Old Oct 28, 18, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Scored my first invite to EWR Classified for a trip a few days from now. I was super-excited, at first. But, it looks like dinner for two could easily approach a few hundred bucks with drinks and an appetizer. A bottle of The Prisoner is $124. My experience at the Polaris clubs at ORD & IAH has been great, and they will pour The Prisoner all day without asking for a credit card. I guess I can't get a rack of lamb or 10 oz filet in Polaris, but I'm not sure I'm looking for that kind of experience while passing through EWR (vs., say, a leisurely dinner at a place like Ruth's Chris or Morton's). Am I missing something, or am I not the target market for Classified?

On the plus side, I'm happy to see United making an effort to offer a unique customer experience. It seems that they are trying to separate themselves from their US competitors, at least for their better customers.
Old Oct 28, 18, 3:57 pm

Being invited isn’t too exclusive.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Oct 29, 18, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
Had breakfast there a few weeks ago and I must say it was an excellent lox and bagel plate. I'd go back if my gate was in the vicinity - I'm not going to trek across the terminal to get there though.
manstein58 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 18, 4:29 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by txirish View Post
Scored my first invite to EWR Classified for a trip a few days from now. I was super-excited, at first. But, it looks like dinner for two could easily approach a few hundred bucks with drinks and an appetizer. A bottle of The Prisoner is $124. My experience at the Polaris clubs at ORD & IAH has been great, and they will pour The Prisoner all day without asking for a credit card. I guess I can't get a rack of lamb or 10 oz filet in Polaris, but I'm not sure I'm looking for that kind of experience while passing through EWR (vs., say, a leisurely dinner at a place like Ruth's Chris or Morton's). Am I missing something, or am I not the target market for Classified?

On the plus side, I'm happy to see United making an effort to offer a unique customer experience. It seems that they are trying to separate themselves from their US competitors, at least for their better customers.
It's an expensive restaurant, priced like a NYC steakhouse. I have little interest in it, either, and if on a polaris flight would rather drink premium for free in the lounge. I don't think we're missing anything; we're just not the target market.
txirish likes this.
Old Nov 15, 18, 2:57 pm

I had my first experience at Classified this week. The staff was friendly and helpful. Service was good. Wine list is extensive. Food and drinks are expensive. I had the sliders and they were actually pretty tasty. Ordering is by iPad which I hated - too unsanitary. There are two private unisex bathrooms which is nice, however, they are not very clean. The floor was filthy and looked like it had not been cleaned or mopped thoroughly in ages. It is a more “civilized” space than being out in the terminal. Quieter and they don’t rush you out.
Old Nov 20, 18, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Got the invite and looking to get a reservation in, but since I'm connecting to fly P.S. to LAX is it worth even splurging on this? If so, I was thinking of getting like the open-faced sandwich and some oysters. Any thoughts on those dishes?
Old Nov 20, 18, 1:10 pm

Programs: UAL GS; Delta Gold Medallion (2 mio +); American; Hyatt Platinum Passport, Omni Platinum
Originally Posted by InterPlace55 View Post
Got the invite and looking to get a reservation in, but since I'm connecting to fly P.S. to LAX is it worth even splurging on this? If so, I was thinking of getting like the open-faced sandwich and some oysters. Any thoughts on those dishes?
It is the tallest pygmy at EWR. Secluded, generally quiet (unless some fool is braying into his phone), food OK for the circumstances, and hootch is plentiful. Much better than Uncle Charlie's. Downside is the cost- on the high side- and it could use a good scrubbingdown
Old Dec 21, 18, 7:32 am

Programs: NonePass
GPU didn't clear on my NRT flight, so I came to Classified this morning. After scanning my boarding pass on the iPad, holy molly! At first, United Mileage Plus offered me $30 to spend on the menu. I was like, okay, got to get me some drinks before heading to United Club (since breakfast items are mostly <$20), but then the waiter told me first two drinks are complimentary during this holiday season! After put in a nice tip to top the bill to just north of $30, and swiped my Chase United Card, I was offer a free gift again (by Chase United CC)! - a choice between two different pillows, a blanket, and a Sony In ear headphone!

Wow, guess Christmas is all around! and they have free water and candy after security at EWR today too!

Last edited by tetrahydrofuran; Dec 21, 18 at 8:08 am

Search this Thread