Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Invitation-only restaurant "Classified" at EWR.

New Invitation-only restaurant "Classified" at EWR.

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 1, 19, 6:28 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 20, 18, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Smile

Originally Posted by rittenhousesq View Post
I flew EWR to LIS on this past Friday the 12th. Got an email invitation on Saturday the 13th to visit for my "upcoming flight to Lisbon!" Also, I'm only a lowly silver at this point.
Maybe it's the EWR-LIS ??? I flew that route last month, and got the invite, but this past Friday the 12th on EWR-MAD, nothing. Not a big deal, a free glass of wine in the UC was ok by me
Old Jan 29, 18, 7:46 am

Programs: UA: 1K, AA: Gold, Hilton: Diamond, Marriott: Plat Premier, Hertz: Pres Circle
Well, I ended up arriving in A terminal on my connection from DCA. United sent an email a few days before my flight about the current lounge status in Terminal C (which I appreciated as an infrequent EWR flyer). So I ended up hanging out over there as their email suggested.

Actually found the new A club really quite nice. Great bar tender, and alcohol before 9AM, marble rye toast. Win win.

I will have to try again the next time Iím connecting through EWR.

Originally Posted by fumje View Post
You can try reserving at classified.united.com/dining without an invitation; also if you just show up you can probably get in.
Old Jan 29, 18, 10:24 am

Never received an invite and used the link above. No problems making a reservation. I only have an hour to eat, but I guess that's fine.
Old Jan 30, 18, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1K & 0.55 MM
I got an invite for a WAS-EWR-DEL itin the other day. (I guess I have arrived!) Between the only 2 hour 15 min layover and the fact that the WAS-EWR flight is perennially delayed due to ATC (which, true to form, it was this time per usual) I decided to forego the CLASSIFIED experience. Maybe some other time...
Old Jan 30, 18, 11:27 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
I had breakfast at Classified before an EWR-HNL flight in Y. Ordered the lobster chili scramble which was good but a bit salty - the dish contained a fair amount of lobster, but at $21, definitely steep. Also had a latte which came with Classified latte art. With the 20% UA branded credit card discount, the meal wasn't too shabby and hit the spot before an 11.5 hour domestic flight.
Old Feb 3, 18, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC 50k, WJ Gold, Alaska Gold, AA EXP, DL Silver
I have flown through EWR a few times recently. Monday I have a four hour layover and I have never yet been invited to Classified. What gives? Each time I have flown in paid J but no invite. The lounges are such a joke. Anyone have any luck requesting an invitation?? One of my colleagues gets invited every time she is through EWR.
Old Feb 3, 18, 6:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by jmcintosh View Post
I have flown through EWR a few times recently. Monday I have a four hour layover and I have never yet been invited to Classified. What gives? Each time I have flown in paid J but no invite. ...
Just try the link directly -- https://classified.united.com/dining/Login

The "invitation" is just a marketing gimmick -- some have succeed just doing a walk-up.
Old Feb 3, 18, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Just try the link directly -- https://classified.united.com/dining/Login

The "invitation" is just a marketing gimmick -- some have succeed just doing a walk-up.
Yeah, I logged into my relatives account, (she hasnít flown since June 2016) and she got an invitation. It was somewhat inclusive during that first month of invitations, but now itís wide open.
Old Feb 3, 18, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC 50k, WJ Gold, Alaska Gold, AA EXP, DL Silver
Iíve tried the link. I get a hard no each time.
Old Feb 27, 18, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by 764toHI View Post
I had breakfast at Classified before an EWR-HNL flight in Y. Ordered the lobster chili scramble which was good but a bit salty - the dish contained a fair amount of lobster, but at $21, definitely steep. Also had a latte which came with Classified latte art. With the 20% UA branded credit card discount, the meal wasn't too shabby and hit the spot before an 11.5 hour domestic flight.
I was thinking of doing the same next week on way back to Honolulu - wanna try the eggs benedict. Are the entrees served with a fruit side or is the menu shown not really complete? I'm assuming coffee isn't gratis?
Old Feb 27, 18, 12:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
I think you will have an opportunity to substitute the side (I recall subbing out the potatoes with a side salad, can't recall if fruit was an option), and coffee was not complimentary, only water. The server was not proactive in handing out the post-meal chocolates, but you can grab a couple of boxes on the way out - they are on a side table by the Classified entrance.

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH View Post
I was thinking of doing the same next week on way back to Honolulu - wanna try the eggs benedict. Are the entrees served with a fruit side or is the menu shown not really complete? I'm assuming coffee isn't gratis?
Old Feb 27, 18, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
I ate at Classified last night and it was literally just me and Richard Quest, the aviation reporter from CNN. I've now been 2x and both times there were less than 5 people eating there during what would be considered prime time. Pretty soon they are gonna have to let lowly Plats in and as soon as they do I'll never eat there again. It's bad enough I sometimes have to sit next to one on a flight.
Joshua, Xyzzy and Plane-is-home like this.
Old Feb 27, 18, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO View Post
I ate at Classified last night and it was literally just me and Richard Quest, the aviation reporter from CNN. I've now been 2x and both times there were less than 5 people eating there during what would be considered prime time. Pretty soon they are gonna have to let lowly Plats in and as soon as they do I'll never eat there again. It's bad enough I sometimes have to sit next to one on a flight.
LOL....While I have not tried recently I did try the link as others have and got turned down. I passed through on my way to HAM and thought it would be nice as I had some time. I guess it must be GS or no, even "lowly" 1Ks seem to get the upturned nose.
Old Feb 27, 18, 4:05 pm

Programs: United Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO View Post
They already let in Plats. I'm a Plat and get invitations regularly as EWR is my home airport. I haven't eaten there because I'd rather eat at home than at an expensive airport restaurant. So here's one Plat that won't offend your senses at Classified.
Old Feb 27, 18, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Originally Posted by nycityny View Post
They already let in Plats. I'm a Plat and get invitations regularly as EWR is my home airport. I haven't eaten there because I'd rather eat at home than at an expensive airport restaurant. So here's one Plat that won't offend your senses at Classified.
I'm glad we have a mutual understanding!

Search this Thread