FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   New "Invitation-only" restaurant "Classified" at EWR. Reopened 13 September 2022 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1862375-new-invitation-only-restaurant-classified-ewr-reopened-13-september-2022-a.html)

manstein58 Sep 1, 2022 12:28 pm

Was just told by manager at SAISON that CLASSIFIED will reopen September 13

as219 Sep 1, 2022 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by manstein58 (Post 34564448)

Awesome!

uncleb Sep 3, 2022 2:03 pm

Damn! Flying out of EWR on Sep 9... wish it would be open for that! Loved Classified, and would gladly spend the few bucks over the free club for the privacy and peace!

Elola Sep 6, 2022 2:13 pm

If true, this is the best UA-related news in the past 2.5 years! If I wasn't going to be in LHR the 9th-18th I'd seriously consider booking a short, cheap MR on the 13th just to be there on the first day back open, and if it was opening on the 9th, I'd easily skip the PL to dine at Classified instead.

AeRoSpaceman Sep 6, 2022 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Elola (Post 34577934)
If true, this is the best UA-related news in the past 2.5 years! If I wasn't going to be in LHR the 9th-18th I'd seriously consider booking a short, cheap MR on the 13th just to be there on the first day back open, and if it was opening on the 9th, I'd easily skip the PL to dine at Classified instead.

Wow. Are they serving 24K gold plated Ossetra Caviar? Just don't understand why you would go out of your way and spend extra $$ just to visit "Classified"... Just curious?.

AeRo

narvik Sep 6, 2022 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman (Post 34578303)
Wow. Are they serving 24K gold plated Ossetra Caviar? Just don't understand why you would go out of your way and spend extra $$ just to visit "Classified"... Just curious?.

AeRo

Never been myself, but from the sounds of it, it's an oasis in the cesspool that is EWR!
That seems like a good enough reason!
😎

Elola Sep 6, 2022 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman (Post 34578303)

AeRo

Not 24K gold plated, but they *did* have Ossetra-topped oysters as a menu item on a few of my prior visits, plus an incredible whiskey selection (Boss Hog, Pappy) if that's your thing. Stuff that you can't really find elsewhere in the airport.

Originally Posted by narvik (Post 34578333)
Never been myself, but from the sounds of it, it's an oasis in the cesspool that is EWR!
That seems like a good enough reason!
😎

That's exactly it! It is by far the quietest and most elegant area in the entire airport, with excellent service and food to boot. PLs have a limited menu and often a long wait for a seat in the restaurant, I'd rather pay to eat a delicious meal at Classified (assuming the quality remains as solid as it was pre-pandemic) and then head over to the PL for post-dinner drinks before catching a flight than wait for an hour+ for a meh burger, even if it's "free". I'd put the food, service, and ambiance at Classified on par with many 1-star Michelin restaurants in NYC (though don't get me started on that debate, lol).

legalalien Sep 7, 2022 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Elola (Post 34578371)
Not 24K gold plated, but they *did* have Ossetra-topped oysters as a menu item on a few of my prior visits, plus an incredible whiskey selection (Boss Hog, Pappy) if that's your thing. Stuff that you can't really find elsewhere in the airport.
It is by far the quietest and most elegant area in the entire airport, with excellent service and food to boot

I second that. The rare liquor cart had no equal among airport establishments. I hope they bring it back!

Doppy Sep 7, 2022 10:28 pm

Interesting that people like this place so much! I never had considered going there, let alone hanging out outside the toilet to take in the ambiance.

Still don't really get it though

CMK10 Sep 9, 2022 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Doppy (Post 34582236)
Interesting that people like this place so much! I never had considered going there, let alone hanging out outside the toilet to take in the ambiance.

Still don't really get it though

Back when the sole United Club in Terminal C was the awful operating theater Club at C78 this was a refuge from its overcrowded space. I would gladly have a cocktail and a snack in the quiet solitude of Classified over being in that zoo.

zig666 Sep 11, 2022 3:35 pm

If you log in, you now can make reservations starting September 13th.

manstein58 Sep 13, 2022 9:46 am

Reopening today

hscottm Sep 13, 2022 10:43 am

cant wait to see reports!

dmurphynj Sep 13, 2022 10:56 am

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 34586229)
Back when the sole United Club in Terminal C was the awful operating theater Club at C78 this was a refuge from its overcrowded space. I would gladly have a cocktail and a snack in the quiet solitude of Classified over being in that zoo.

Completely agreed. Now that there's an actually-usable-and-reasonable United Club, Classified is slightly less appealing... but I am *definitely* stopping in for a burger soon. They really were delicious!

Unfortunate that the UC and Classified are both in C-3. If one or the other would be in C-1, it'd be a no brainer depending on where my flight departs from.

PTahCha Sep 13, 2022 11:11 am

Originally Posted by dmurphynj (Post 34596799)
Completely agreed. Now that there's an actually-usable-and-reasonable United Club, Classified is slightly less appealing... but I am *definitely* stopping in for a burger soon. They really were delicious!

Unfortunate that the UC and Classified are both in C-3. If one or the other would be in C-1, it'd be a no brainer depending on where my flight departs from.

Hopefully the burger will be better than the one I got from Saison - at one point it was over-priced and undelicious.