Cabin Attendant Hogs Bathroom

Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Cabin Attendant Hogs Bathroom

I'm a very infrequent flyer after many years of frequent flying. On a recent trip from PDX to IAH I experienced a first. Poor lady must have had a bad night.

She was one of the more chatty attendants who managed to douse the poor woman in seat 2(E) with drinks so much the woman had to change her clothes in the FC potty.

The only problem was the attendant was on her second visit to the loo in the second hour of the flight and for a very long time lol.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by TEBraniff
I'm a very infrequent flyer after many years of frequent flying. On a recent trip from PDX to IAH I experienced a first. Poor lady must have had a bad night.

She was one of the more chatty attendants who managed to douse the poor woman in seat 2(E) with drinks so much the woman had to change her clothes in the FC potty.

The only problem was the attendant was on her second visit to the loo in the second hour of the flight and for a very long time lol.
LASUA1K, RandomBaritone and ajGoes like this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
If you have to go, you have to go... There isn't a dedicated staff toilet on aircraft.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Yachtman
If you have to go, you have to go... There isn't a dedicated staff toilet on aircraft.
Veering only slightly off topic, MileagePlus partner SAS does not allow passengers forward of the first business class cabin on widebody aircraft. I have always assumed that there's crew rest and a dedicated staff toilet up there. Anyone able to elaborate?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by jsl42
Veering only slightly off topic, MileagePlus partner SAS does not allow passengers forward of the first business class cabin on widebody aircraft. I have always assumed that there's crew rest and a dedicated staff toilet up there. Anyone able to elaborate?
Probably better to ask in the SAS forum.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by TEBraniff

On Metro-North (commuter rail in NYC) one of the conductors (ticket-collectors) went to the lavatory three times in the one hour journey (all cars were open, couldn’t have used an empty car), but didn’t make a scene and was professional.

He wasn’t sick or in-capable of doing his responsibilities, but sometimes not everyone’s breakfast/lunch agrees with one, and you have to use the restroom. In any other occupation, when someone does this, it goes mostly un-noticed.

I never get upset over this, as it’s not like anyone can really control their stomach.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
Probably better to ask in the SAS forum.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jsl42
Veering a bit back onto topic (UA lavs), I've been turned away from the front cabin lav on the 777s that were recently renovated with 28 J seats. FA said that only mid cabin lavs were open to pax during the flight for "security" reasons. I then noticed that in practice this lav became the employees' washroom for that flight.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by transportprof
... I've been turned away from the front cabin lav on the 777s that were recently renovated with 28 J seats. ...
Based on four recent segments, I had not such issues. Appears you got a rogue crew.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
???

The FC potty??? Are we in kindergarten?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Next flight I need to remember to not pay attention to the IFE, PDE, Hemispheres, etc. and instead have my stopwatch ready to record how much time the FAs (and my fellow passengers) spend in the head. I've really been missing out on the "fun".

OP, can you please elaborate on the "dousing" incident a bit more? How many drinks did the FA spill (pour?) on the woman? Were the beverages alcoholic, "soft", or hot? The devil is in the details.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by LondonElite
???

The FC potty??? Are we in kindergarten?
I'm still lost and trying to make sense of the "cabin" attendant dousing a passenger who had to change clothes but couldn't because the attendant was on her second visit to the "loo". Not sure how logistically this is all working out.....but I digress.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
Is it time to write to 1kvoice and recommend they get the flight attendants a diet with higher fiber content? Or maybe they were low on coffee and had to generate some more.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
The things we start new threads about...

Originally Posted by transportprof
Veering a bit back onto topic (UA lavs), I've been turned away from the front cabin lav on the 777s that were recently renovated with 28 J seats. FA said that only mid cabin lavs were open to pax during the flight for "security" reasons. I then noticed that in practice this lav became the employees' washroom for that flight.
You sure it wasn't a miscommunication in that they were going to open the cockpit door shortly? There are many aircraft that have lav doors right next to the cockpit door.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
The things we start new threads about...

You sure it wasn't a miscommunication in that they were going to open the cockpit door shortly? There are many aircraft that have lav doors right next to the cockpit door.
Positive. The front lav remained closed to pax for the 5 hours we were in the air. I did manage to use it on the ground, before takeoff, so I can attest that it was functioning pre-flight. During the flight it was restricted to crew use. I didn't time them, however

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.