Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEN Mini-DO 2017 - October 7

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
For folks that took photos, can you please upload them and provide a link if you're willing to share for others to see? I will create a FlyerTalk Gallery for those that I took and provide that link later tonight.
great to meet many of you saturday that I haven't before. what a fun event!

@SFO 1K;28905634 I'll send you a link to my photos, I was helping lead group 4 (or 3, my memory escapes me...)

to anyone who left behind a glossy black braided charging cord (maybe for an android) let me know and we'll ship that out to you!
Two Bee likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Thanks to the organizers, attendees and especially United employees who made this a very fun event! I was impressed with every aspect of the operation. Just a great day!
fly2lanai, Dublin_rfk and Two Bee like this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Here is a link to the photos I took:

Chelsea Catering Denver October 7, 2017

Enjoy!
CMK10 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, United Club, IHG Ambassador/Spire
Originally Posted by Kurt
Thanks to the organizers, attendees and especially United employees who made this a very fun event! I was impressed with every aspect of the operation. Just a great day!

Kudos to the entire United team (Denver, Corporate, Global). The new spirit of United is indeed inspiring
Dublin_rfk and Two Bee like this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
We and an amazing time, what a perfect day not only for my family in Denver but also with FTers who are quickly starting to make up our extended family.

The photo album posted above really speaks 1000 words better, but just to add some thoughts on Saturday:

Every single employee and host made us feel like spending the middle of their Saturday with us was the most important part of their weekend. The food prep workers were so cheerful and thrilled to show us the ropes of what, in any other setting, would be a long and repetitve process with little recognition.

United went over the top with the meal as well. We were expecting something quick and easy for them. (Maybe a slightly irregularly-wrapped supermarket style burrito...) Instead they served us a Polaris / first class meal.

Meeting the Polaris brand managers, and seeing how mucy well pride they take in the successful rollout was an awesome bonus.
Two Bee likes this.

Last edited by expert7700; Oct 9, 2017 at 12:17 pm
Old Oct 29, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Does anyone have insights into what happened at Chelsea DEN? There's a whole thread now on the lack of catering out of Denver and the fact pax are receiving BOB and vouchers for picking something up in the airport. Very strange.

DEN first class catering issues
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Hi, everyone! Just wanted to provide a year-end 2017 update. Thanks to all of your generosity, FFG was able to provide a $13k check to United WeCare and a $3500 check to Tripp Hatch. Appreciate all the support as always. We are looking forward to this year, when we will have more exciting events for all of you in store!
Renard, NgatesSEA and goodeats21 like this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by JC1120
Hi, everyone! Just wanted to provide a year-end 2017 update. Thanks to all of your generosity, FFG was able to provide a $13k check to United WeCare and a $3500 check to Tripp Hatch. Appreciate all the support as always. We are looking forward to this year, when we will have more exciting events for all of you in store!
Thanks for reporting back. Great totals!
And another big thanks to the FFG team that keeps making these great things happen.

Cheers.
Two Bee likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:57 am
Original Poster

It is with great sadness that we are passing along that Tripp Hatch, a long time bartender at the Presidents Clubs/United Clubs and most recently at the AMEX Centurion Lounge in Houston, has succumbed following his long fight with brain cancer. We are proud that many of you partnered with WeCare and FFG to honor him during this event in Denver around a year and a half ago. He will be missed during all of our future visits through IAH. If you would like to donate to his wife and family please go to the link below.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-tripp-beat-cancer
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JC1120
It is with great sadness that we are passing along that Tripp Hatch, a long time bartender at the Presidents Clubs/United Clubs and most recently at the AMEX Centurion Lounge in Houston, has succumbed following his long fight with brain cancer. We are proud that many of you partnered with WeCare and FFG to honor him during this event in Denver around a year and a half ago. He will be missed during all of our future visits through IAH. If you would like to donate to his wife and family please go to the link below.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-tripp-beat-cancer
Very, very sad.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Sad news, indeed. Thanks for letting us know...
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA Amex
Trip IAH United Club bartender

Sad to report that Trip, longtime United Club bartender at IAH passed away a couple of weeks ago. His picture was over the bar at the Centurion Club, his most recent location, and the bartender confirmed he is gone. May Perpetual Light shine upon him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.