DEN Mini-DO 2017 - October 7

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
I'm in .
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
registered and paid! expert7700+2

now to look for flights in and out of den.

note to attendees: if you have Priority Pass card don't miss the DEN Timberline restaurant/bar. $28 per person voucher for you and each guest charged to PP card. This just went into effect in Sept but deal will surely be modified or die off soon. Restaurant is about to bill PP over $100k for Sept. They were expecting it to be a fourth as popular as it has been.

We have 5 PP cards between our family, most with guesting ability.

Last edited by expert7700; Sep 27, 2017 at 1:03 pm
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
I'd be happy to show anyone around who wants to venture into Denver on Friday night. At least check out the new Union Station development and wander around LoDo. The A-line train lets you off right there. Lots of interesting bars and restaurants to visit.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
Originally Posted by Kurt
I'd be happy to show anyone around who wants to venture into Denver on Friday night. At least check out the new Union Station development and wander around LoDo. The A-line train lets you off right there. Lots of interesting bars and restaurants to visit.
I wish I could join but if you are coming in from out of town and have not been before, take Kurt up on this offer - the Union Station and LoDo developments are awesome and even better when arrived at directly from DIA by train.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Registration is closed and final list of 24 attendees posted! In a couple of days we will send to the email you registered with some additional details for the event. Thanks for everyone's support and looking forward to it!
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Last details have been sent to everyone via email.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Received the email and getting excited for the event.

For anyone looking to stay at the FS Marriott Gateway, they just released a low $109 rate for a package deal that includes breakfast for 2. Was able to cancel my existing reservation and re-book, saving ~$25 ^

Anyone interested in getting together for drinks, etc on Friday evening? I arrive at 6:15 and staying at Marriott Gateway.

Quick question on the logistics: What is the best way to get to/from the event location and the hotel / airport? From a look at Google Maps, doesn't look like it would be easily walk-able from the airport.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: 3 MMer
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Received the email and getting excited for the event.

For anyone looking to stay at the FS Marriott Gateway, they just released a low $109 rate for a package deal that includes breakfast for 2. Was able to cancel my existing reservation and re-book, saving ~$25 ^

Anyone interested in getting together for drinks, etc on Friday evening? I arrive at 6:15 and staying at Marriott Gateway.

Quick question on the logistics: What is the best way to get to/from the event location and the hotel / airport? From a look at Google Maps, doesn't look like it would be easily walk-able from the airport.
I'll be passing your hotel on my way to the event. I actually used to stay at the Gateway many times over the years. The shuttle will take you to the airport and then you'll need to get to the kitchen from there. How's bout I pick you up around 8:15/8:30a.m. as my daughter will be driving me out there from Lakewood (going to see the grand-kids play high school soccer Thurs. & Fri. nite). We will have room for 3 or 4 all together, besides us.

My concern is also, how am I going to get from the kitchen to the airport to catch a 3:30 p.m. flight? It's not really too far as the crow flies, but walking on Pena Highway may be verboten, me thinks?

It would be a pleasure to give anyone a lift!^
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
I would be able to take 3-4 people from the kitchen to the airport.
Folks may wish to ask their hotel shuttle service if they would drop you off at the kitchen - it's "on the way" to the airport, so you may get a special one-off accommodation. A call ahead to confirm might be a good idea.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: 3 MMer
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Folks may wish to ask their hotel shuttle service if they would drop you off at the kitchen - it's "on the way" to the airport, so you may get a special one-off accommodation. A call ahead to confirm might be a good idea.
I would appreciate it!^
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Two Bee
I'll be passing your hotel on my way to the event. I actually used to stay at the Gateway many times over the years. The shuttle will take you to the airport and then you'll need to get to the kitchen from there. How's bout I pick you up around 8:15/8:30a.m. as my daughter will be driving me out there from Lakewood (going to see the grand-kids play high school soccer Thurs. & Fri. nite). We will have room for 3 or 4 all together, besides us.

My concern is also, how am I going to get from the kitchen to the airport to catch a 3:30 p.m. flight? It's not really too far as the crow flies, but walking on Pena Highway may be verboten, me thinks?

It would be a pleasure to give anyone a lift!^
Thanks Two Bee.
I would appreciate it and have received your PM.

Originally Posted by Two Bee
I would appreciate it!^
Hi SFO 1K. I would really appreciate it at as well. I have a 3:15 PM flight to catch, if that works out for you.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
In the absence of other options, I'll gladly make a few trips to the airport and just prioritize people based on departure times.
mhnadel, goodeats21 and Two Bee like this.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
It (currently) looks like I land @ 8:59 (UA1819). What would be the most efficient way to get to the kitchens?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: united, american, alaska
I would appreciate a lift from the Fairfield Inn and Suites on Tower Road to the kitchen, if someone still has room in their car. (I figure that worst comes to worst, I can swing for a taxi.)
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, United Club, IHG Ambassador/Spire
That would be nice. I will PM you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.