Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United 747 Farewell & Remembrances Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United 747 Farewell & Remembrances Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
Thanks for sharing!
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:34 am

I have been looking for the United plane tag from Motoart for a while. If anyone has any ideas how to find one could you shoot me a PM please? I know they are sold out so it might be a SOL request but have to try. Thanks for any help
Old Jun 16, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by m3dragon
I have been looking for the United plane tag from Motoart for a while. If anyone has any ideas how to find one could you shoot me a PM please? I know they are sold out so it might be a SOL request but have to try. Thanks for any help
I know someone who got one, who told me the customization with name and address was included (usually extra $$ from MotoArt) and may have even been required. My guess was to discourage reselling them.

Once 747s start to get scrapped, I am guessing MotoArt will have more.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: United
Smile 747 ---Any Routes Left?

I've hit 1 million miles on UA, and been there/done that on most of their equipment, but never a 747. Wondered if by any chance they have any routes left that use this plane? Its bucket list stuff for me and I'd really like to experience it once.
worldwidedreamer likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 11, 2018 at 7:32 pm Reason: moved to exisiting thread
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Sorry! You are almost a year late....

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...er-thread.html
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Sorry! You are almost a year late....

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...er-thread.html
If you want to fly UA metal, you'll need a time machine.

LH offers plenty of 747 flights as UA codeshares; so do a bunch of other *A partners.

For all ways to fly the "Queen of the Skies."
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Barring some change in flight economics down the road, flying a UA 747 is probably not something you're going to get to ever experience.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by N104UA
I know someone who got one, who told me the customization with name and address was included (usually extra $$ from MotoArt) and may have even been required. My guess was to discourage reselling them.

Once 747s start to get scrapped, I am guessing MotoArt will have more.
Nope it is not required to have your name and address included to engrave on the tag, it is only some use that as luggage tag, others i have seen either have nothing on or some put things like old PMUA slogan "it‘s time to fly", or "united rising ".
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
If you want to fly UA metal, you'll need a time machine.

LH offers plenty of 747 flights as UA codeshares; so do a bunch of other *A partners.

For all ways to fly the "Queen of the Skies."
Other than CA, TG, LH and 1 with OZ thats all with *A, where‘s a bunch of other *A partners ? Unless you count freighters
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Other than CA, TG, LH and 1 with OZ thats all with *A, where‘s a bunch of other *A partners ? Unless you count freighters
Without being pedantic, I'd count four airlines as a bunch. Never promised a flock, .

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 12, 2018 at 7:56 pm Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Looks like UA is having one last final sale, with parts coming from N117UA. The only thing you can buy outright are windows (for 120k miles(!!))...everything else is up for bidding.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Not really the best of news for the beloved 747, but a new series on the Smithsonian Channel that started today, called Inside Mighty Machines features one of United’s 747’s being dismantled. The show picks up with the final landing for that frame at Tupelo. Cool shots, albeit also sad to see their service end.
FriendlySkies and strickerj like this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by m3dragon
Got an email yesterday from Motoart. They're now offering tags from N198UA. I just ordered a blue one.
Pat89339 and luv2ctheworld like this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by 767-322ETOPS
Got an email yesterday from Motoart. They're now offering tags from N198UA. I just ordered a blue one.
Very cool!

Fingers crosses something from N118UA eventually appears for sale.

Emailed UAM in Tupelo a while back, naturally no response.
Pat89339 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by 767-322ETOPS
Thanks for the heads up! In for 1.

Wish they had a Continental 747 but I'll take N198UA .... very cool. Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.