Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United 747 Farewell & Remembrances Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United 747 Farewell & Remembrances Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
A bit late to the party, but I was finally able to get my hands on one of these. It'll probably live on my blazer for awhile.

Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tuolumne
So who has all the trading cards collected? I'm glad I have the pmUA rising blue card. The colors look far more modern than the "current" globe card, even when they're used in what should be the "current" UA brand conventions (solid horizontal lines)
I have all the trading cards since yesterday a nice Flyertalker sent me the one that was missing.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:16 pm

My first flight on United Airlines was on Feb 11, 1989 a non-stop SYD-LAX on UA816, I always presumed this was a 747-400.
History reports United's first 747-400 arrived in June 1989. It was a big deal* being a non-stop but I do not remember it being a 747SP because that airframe is so distinctive.
Did United's 747-200 aeroplanes fly SYD-LAX non-stop any time between 1985 (when UA took over Pan Am's Pacific operations and 747SP fleet) and June 1989 (when the 747-400 came on line) ?

*​​​​​​​IIRC non-stop UA SYD-LAX was not a daily service in the first half of 1989.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex
I've flown over 1M miles (across all carriers) and have never stepped-foot on a 747!
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist

Does anyone know if UA will have this for sale to the public ? I understand employees may get to buy first, but UA seems to completely ignore its best customers

P.S. it is only available at a separate link that has to put a password, the normal plane tag site for this item is hidden, last I heard even the employee link for this item is sold out, dont understand why they would only ask them to make 10K, it could have made 20K minimum or even 30K.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
I just checked, it is sold out on the employee link.

I doubt that this will ever be offered publicly. Apparently the company making them was having issues actually delivering - that's the first picture I've seen of anyone having received it, and they went on sale in early November.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:07 pm

An angel ordered 2 for me. have not yet got them yet.

customized engravings. Mine say:
/ / / U N I T E D
"It's Time To Fly"

And:

W E_A R E_/ / / U N I T E D
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Zach Honig got an aerial view of United's 744s parked at VCV.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/12/uni...t-victorville/
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by oopl
Zach Honig got an aerial view of United's 744s parked at VCV.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/12/uni...t-victorville/
Interesting to see the two USAF 748's there as well.

Also, whose 777's are those?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifer, Hertz Prez
My last 747 flight from SFO to ICN in October I was in the upper deck so popped in to go check out the cockpit. One visiting guy was leaving so plopped in the back chair but then the captain turned around and got up and said here sit in my seat. Chatted with the captain for a bit and he offered to take a photo, FO said here, you can't sit in that seat w/o the hat....

Flyin' this baby to Seoul!
iluv2fly and uastarflyer like this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by fezzington
I just checked, it is sold out on the employee link.

I doubt that this will ever be offered publicly. Apparently the company making them was having issues actually delivering - that's the first picture I've seen of anyone having received it, and they went on sale in early November.
Probably won't be available for general public -- at least that special version with the UA logo. But I've seen a bunch of folks post pix of theirs. It seems the customized ones take longer to arrive. And yes, I'd really really like to have one of these, but I hold out hope that we'll have a generic version available to the general public.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold

A good friend sent me one with my name engraved on the olive zinc-dichromate primer interior. Way cool.

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG

Does anyone know if UA will have this for sale to the public ? I understand employees may get to buy first, but UA seems to completely ignore its best customers

P.S. it is only available at a separate link that has to put a password, the normal plane tag site for this item is hidden, last I heard even the employee link for this item is sold out, dont understand why they would only ask them to make 10K, it could have made 20K minimum or even 30K.
Originally Posted by ChiTownMuggle
Probably won't be available for general public -- at least that special version with the UA logo. But I've seen a bunch of folks post pix of theirs. It seems the customized ones take longer to arrive. And yes, I'd really really like to have one of these, but I hold out hope that we'll have a generic version available to the general public.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:37 pm

I loved the flying tulip paint scheme.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tryathlete
A good friend sent me one with my name engraved on the olive zinc-dichromate primer interior. Way cool.
Wow, that is a good friend indeed. Enjoy!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 23, 2017 at 10:42 am Reason: repaired post
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:02 am

My two babies just came today. Just fantastic. I am so happy.

SFO 1K likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.