Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

can't assign seats OGG-SFO in J - aircraft swap?

can't assign seats OGG-SFO in J - aircraft swap?

Old Jul 31, 17, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by findark View Post
As has been mentioned upthread, United does not oversell the premium cabins. On the 77G, 1AB are blocked for crew rest and will be released approximately 60 hours before departure when a tail number is assigned to the flight. Did you buy the last two tickets in F? This is the likely cause.

I did buy the last two seats in F, as after I took those two there were no more available for purchase with either miles or $$$, so sounds like your crew rest suggestion is correct. In that case I'll just wait and get those two, or whatever seats are open, when they get released.

even two pods in the middle of 4 isn't that big a deal for a 5 hour daytime flight, getting bumped back to coach is what I was concerned about.

thanks all,
bob
Old Jul 31, 17, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transportprof View Post
Most United flights to LIH are on 738s, which make the old 24 seat F cabins on the 757s look good.
Kauai sees the 12 F 752 almost all the time. The rest of the outer islands, yes, the 738.
Old Jul 31, 17, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
To avoid this sort of thing in the future, check the seat map before buying. Use Expert Flyer to monitor seat map availability, particularly if the two of your "must" sit together.
Old Jul 31, 17, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
there is seat blocking on the 772 which is likely the problem. Have also seen 773 swaps recently.
Old Jul 31, 17, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by formeraa View Post
To avoid this sort of thing in the future, check the seat map before buying. Use Expert Flyer to monitor seat map availability, particularly if the two of your "must" sit together.
sititng together isn't the issue, nor is having any particular J seat. Getting bumped down to coach is the concern, and it seems from this thread that I don't have to worry much about that, as even swapping in 2 x 737 would be more J than on the one 777-200. As long as they don't swap in a single narrow body we'll be fine.

thx all
bob

Search this Thread
Search Engine: