Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seasonal DEN - LHR added

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Great news - I hope they make it year round. I fly DEN-LHR at least half a dozen times a year. I've heard DEN-NRT is the most profitable United flight in Denver.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by N104UA
NTA?
NTA has the TATL sCO trips. NLS has the sCO "speaker" trips if I recall. Both are Newark based. My understanding is that this is different to the sUA set up which is simply a function of seniority. (These differences even extend to how FAs work they aircraft; sCO position bids whereas sUA does not.) These methodologies will be harmonized when the flight attendants are merged and the scheduling systems and rules updated.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1K
This appears to be a valid routing from southern and Texas cities with direct flights to DEN (MSY, SAT, AUS etc). Which is nice to allow for a later departure time and a longer ride for sleeping when up front (as opposed to EWR or IAD). A nice option to check over a connection in IAH.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, mLife Platinum
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
UA had EWR<>LHR at 5x frequency for a while (I think they got the 6th one from the 2nd LAX-LHR frequency that they never implemented). Glad to see DEN getting another international destination, although I do wonder how long this one is going to last in light of Brexit. Certainly seems more aimed at leisure travelers than business.
And that 2nd LHR-LAX flight was originally taken from the 3rd LHR-IAH flight, reducing that route to 2 daily.

Personally, I'd rather they have kept IAH or LAX as they're hubs/destinations I actually use. There's enough choice on the LHR-EWR route already (for me)
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by skycrab
Personally, I'd rather they have kept IAH or LAX as they're hubs/destinations I actually use. There's enough choice on the LHR-EWR route already (for me)
It seems to me the 17th summertime LHR slot is kind of an orphan and UA was looking for the 'least worst' place to park it. The NYC-LON market is massive and comparatively the least expensive (in terms of fixed costs) UA flight to operate to LHR, so absent any better options, the EWR flight made sense.

Now, with DY coming to Denver, there's more of a strategic impetus for UA to add DEN-LHR service, so EWR goes back to 5x and DEN gets a summer flight.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Expext one of the EWR-LHR trips to become a 764 as NTA will likely be doing DEN-LHR as part of a EWR-LHR-DEN-LHR-EWR pairing. Also the 752 will likely be on EWR-LHR at that time as well. 1x 752 1x 764 3x763.
Will this still exist after the FA group integration, my understanding is that DEN is a high seniority base and I am sure a few DEN based FAs would like a LHR run. (I assume the same for the NRT flight)
Old Jul 27, 2017, 1:05 pm

Will this still exist after the FA group integration, my understanding is that DEN is a high seniority base and I am sure a few DEN based FAs would like a LHR run. (I assume the same for the NRT flight)
The separate international/speaker/domestic bases for sub CO goes away October 2018 so NRT & LHR will likely be in the DEN bid packages at that time. Sub CO DEN is a domestic only base which is why the current DEN-NRT and the upcoming DEN-LHR have to be flown out of an international & speaker base. DEN-NRT is currently staffed with NTA (Newark Transatlantic) and HOS (Houston Other Speaker) based FAs. When EWR-NRT becomes a 77W DEN-NRT will be staffed with HTA (Houston Transatlantic) and HOS (Houston Other Speaker) based FAs.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:37 pm

The separate international/speaker/domestic bases for sub CO goes away October 2018 so NRT & LHR will likely be in the DEN bid packages at that time. Sub CO DEN is a domestic only base which is why the current DEN-NRT and the upcoming DEN-LHR have to be flown out of an international & speaker base. DEN-NRT is currently staffed with NTA (Newark Transatlantic) and HOS (Houston Other Speaker) based FAs. When EWR-NRT becomes a 77W DEN-NRT will be staffed with HTA (Houston Transatlantic) and HOS (Houston Other Speaker) based FAs.
It is my understanding that the sUA FAs don't have a domestic/international crew, basically the FAs can fly what ever routes his/her seniority can hold, many SEA based FAs flew SEA-NRT one week then domestic flights the next week when it was the only international flight from SEA. Is the new contract going to keep that in place or will it keep the sCO model in place, if the sUA system were kept in place I imagine it would be hard for the company and union to justify not allowing DEN based FAs to fly this route.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by bldr1k
I've heard DEN-NRT is the most profitable United flight in Denver.
And I always thought it was ASE
Old Jul 27, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
Well this just made up my mind for next summers vacation! I'll book now in W and then panic for the next 11 months waiting for the GPU to clear.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
Well this just made up my mind for next summers vacation! I'll book now in W and then panic for the next 11 months waiting for the GPU to clear.
Starting your vacation 11 months early with Expert Mode and ExpertFlyer, nice
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:15 am

It is my understanding that the sUA FAs don't have a domestic/international crew, basically the FAs can fly what ever routes his/her seniority can hold, many SEA based FAs flew SEA-NRT one week then domestic flights the next week when it was the only international flight from SEA. Is the new contract going to keep that in place or will it keep the sCO model in place, if the sUA system were kept in place I imagine it would be hard for the company and union to justify not allowing DEN based FAs to fly this route.
By October 2018 any DEN based FAs should be able to bid DEN-NRT & DEN-LHR. Since sub CO DEN is a domestic only base those trips don't appear in the sub CO DEN bid package and all 788s are assigned sub CO so DEN-NRT & the upcoming DEN-LHR have to be flown out of a sub CO international base for the time being.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
By October 2018 any DEN based FAs should be able to bid DEN-NRT & DEN-LHR. Since sub CO DEN is a domestic only base those trips don't appear in the sub CO DEN bid package and all 788s are assigned sub CO so DEN-NRT & the upcoming DEN-LHR have to be flown out of a sub CO international base for the time being.
I understand the contracts but why is sCO so bifurcated vs sUA? Especially when UA has foreign crew bases. Why isn't seniority the ruling factor on the sCO side? Just interested. Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:10 am

Thanks for the clarification. So it is Oct 2018 when they crews will finally be one working group?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
Originally Posted by symphonicman
Starting your vacation 11 months early with Expert Mode and ExpertFlyer, nice
Amazingly this just worked out much better than expected.

I just scored a Friday night late Spring flight flight with PN6. T8 and XN already 8. Same on the return two Saturday's later.

I grabbed 5 60,000 mile economy savers, for family and my daughters best friends family. I had 12 GPU's to burn and I'm about to hit 1k for the year on the flight I am about to board. Now we have next Summer set right out of school enough people to go with that we can have alone time, and I still have another 500,000 miles to use for other things. I love this board!!!

Now of course I bought my own ticket to keep GS status. Everyone now riding up front, now onto the real fun planning the trip, I'm assuming we will have to run down to the mainland, but oh so many options to work with.

I think I'll have to grab a Martini at Elway's tonight to celebrate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.