Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seasonal DEN - LHR added

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Glad to hear DEN is getting some love from UA (considering the number of added international flights in the last 4 months I say "about them"). Hopefully UA will eventually make this year round (even if not daily) as it is always nice to be able to fly nonstop from DEN, and the 788 sure beats BA Business class.

Will be interesting to see if UA takes on some of the increased nonstop competition at DEN and adds additional international flights
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
This is good news for me but it does seem to suggest that UA is struggling in the ultra-competitive NYLON (New York - London) market.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:28 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
This is good news for me but it does seem to suggest that UA is struggling in the ultra-competitive NYLON (New York - London) market.
Or that it is more profitable to take a small portion of the capacity and use it for DEN-LHR.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
I think this is more about UA going after DY in DEN. In April, DY announced 2/3x weekly DEN-LGW, and UA did nothing. Then, last week, Colorado gave DY some cash to fly 2x weekly DEN-CDG, all while DY still hasn't even started DEN. It can't be a coincidence that UA is now getting back into DEN-LHR one week later.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Or that it is more profitable to take a small portion of the capacity and use it for DEN-LHR.
Capacity for this route is highly adjustable based on aircraft assignment - they could make up for the loss of one 763 flight by upgauging one of the remaining 763s to a 77W. And the conversion of the 763s and 772s to Polaris would increase Y capacity even if aircraft assignments didn't change.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Capacity for this route is highly adjustable based on aircraft assignment - they could make up for the loss of one 763 flight by upgauging one of the remaining 763s to a 77W. And the conversion of the 763s and 772s to Polaris would increase Y capacity even if aircraft assignments didn't change.
Exactly, I wouldn't be surprised if we see UA announce EWR-LHR will upgaged one frequency to a 77W and it appears they have already have gotten rid of the 752 on that route. Hopefully UA can make a good profit on this and keep it year round.

Does anyone know what route is loosing a 788? I think it matches up with the seasonal suspension of SFO-AKL.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
UA had EWR<>LHR at 5x frequency for a while (I think they got the 6th one from the 2nd LAX-LHR frequency that they never implemented). Glad to see DEN getting another international destination, although I do wonder how long this one is going to last in light of Brexit. Certainly seems more aimed at leisure travelers than business.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold
As a DEN based flyer with my company's head office about 20 minutes from LHR I'm ECSTATIC. I hope loads cause them to extend to year round!
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA GS
Last time they brought DEN-LHR back they cancelled it so fast that it was gone while the announcement posters were still hanging at the airport.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:02 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
One of the EWR-LHR flights (UA16) is currently on 752, so even easier to make up capacity by upgauging other flights.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: United 1K, EL AL Silver
Originally Posted by N104UA
Glad to hear DEN is getting some love from UA (considering the number of added international flights in the last 4 months I say "about them"). Hopefully UA will eventually make this year round (even if not daily) as it is always nice to be able to fly nonstop from DEN, and the 788 sure beats BA Business class.

Will be interesting to see if UA takes on some of the increased nonstop competition at DEN and adds additional international flights

Great news!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by N104UA
Exactly, I wouldn't be surprised if we see UA announce EWR-LHR will upgaged one frequency to a 77W and it appears they have already have gotten rid of the 752 on that route. Hopefully UA can make a good profit on this and keep it year round.

Does anyone know what route is loosing a 788? I think it matches up with the seasonal suspension of SFO-AKL.
Expext one of the EWR-LHR trips to become a 764 as NTA will likely be doing DEN-LHR as part of a EWR-LHR-DEN-LHR-EWR pairing. Also the 752 will likely be on EWR-LHR at that time as well. 1x 752 1x 764 3x763.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
So is this or isn't this a response to Norwegian starting DEN-LGW service? I'm no longer based in CO, but it would have been nice to take this flight. I know then DEN-NRT flight is extremely popular amongst my old co-workers, and many would probably have used this as well instead of transiting in (usually) ORD.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Expext one of the EWR-LHR trips to become a 764 as NTA will likely be doing DEN-LHR as part of a EWR-LHR-DEN-LHR-EWR pairing. Also the 752 will likely be on EWR-LHR at that time as well. 1x 752 1x 764 3x763.
NTA?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: EK PLAT 2022-2023, UAplat soon to be LH senator!
(N)ewark (T)rans (A)tlantic based flight crews

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.