Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

COS -> IAH Scheduled for 3.5 Hrs - Via New and Old Mexico!

COS -> IAH Scheduled for 3.5 Hrs - Via New and Old Mexico!

Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Seat1A
my last rebook in B, I was upgraded to R on one leg out of two. The upgraded leg posted as ZV, 1x earning. The economy leg posted as B with 1.5x earning.
Yes, this seems to be how it works, and has done for the past few years. The upgrade apparently triggers some process to find the underlying fare class which then finds the original ticketed class. Without the upgrade, that process doesn't happen and it posts as the rebooked fare.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by docbert
Yes, this seems to be how it works, and has done for the past few years. The upgrade apparently triggers some process to find the underlying fare class which then finds the original ticketed class. Without the upgrade, that process doesn't happen and it posts as the rebooked fare.
It also seems to be second-level when needed.. I was once originally ticketed in S, upgraded to R, and rebooked in PN (positive space). Flight posted as ZR class but with 100% PQM.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
$600 cuz of weather? Hells yea I'll get off lol.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by drvannostren
$600 cuz of weather? Hells yea I'll get off lol.
I didn't even ask for - nor expect - compensation, given the circumstances. I wasn't feeling all that great to begin with, and the prospect of up to 3.5 hrs on that segment alone, plus not being sure of the overnight situation at IAH (or wherever we might've diverted to), I was happy to deplane. Only when I went to deal with rebooking was I asked to sign for the <very much appreciated> unrequested cert. On the whole, one of my better UA experiences in recent memory; I look forward to putting that cert to good personal use soon...
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:17 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by sbm12
Better than not flying at all, though.

My guess is the original ATC plan had them going south of the the bigger storm in South Texas and then things cleared up enough that they got to cut through between the cells. Or they needed additional fuel because of expected circling or alternate airports further away.

Nasty weather down there today.
Here is the flight plan, I've added some deciphering in bold. Looks like there were quite a few shortcuts. The fact that Blue Mesa is on there is telling of the weather issues which could have been.

BRK BRK140R PUB354R PUB(Pueblo, CO) J28 HBU(Blue Mesa/Gunnison, CO) ABQ(Albuquerque) CNX(Corona, NM) J15 CME(Roswell, NM) CNM(Carlsbad, NM) PEQ(Pecos, TX) KOBLE DLF(Del Rio, TX) COT THX(Three Rivers, TX) YEEHA TEJAS4

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.