Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Partner Award Cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by hiyo
In retrospect I wish I had, but the call was a bit of a blindside and I wanted to explore options on my own before committing to a new itinerary.
Yeah, I always am hesitant if they reach out first. I honestly don't know what the other options are and I want to know what my choices are before I get into the conversation.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
When a partner cancels a route / flight UA will do it best to re-accommodate you on UA flights. UA can not force partners to open award space.
I had a different experience this week maybe I just got lucky. Received notice yesterday that OZ changed metal from an A380 to a B772 so my BKK-ICN TG F to ICN-JFK OZ F reward was no longer doable. Research my options and nothing really work for me even considering 2 days +/- availability. Not flying on CA/MS/TK if I can help it thank you very much.

Called UA and asked to be downgraded to TG J (saving 50,000 miles) on the same flight and date. It was not showing available on-line, but the UA rep said she could see it "through different channels" and warned me I might be on hold for a while while she worked through it. It was about 30 minutes but she came back with a successfully confirmed change and miles refund. ^

Disappointed for sure by losing out on a very sweet F routing, but a good recovery job by UA on this one.

SL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.