Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges (SAS only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2024, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
T5 Lounges
SAS Business Lounge
Departure level,M13,Next to departure gate M13-M15
limited hours
SAS is in process of leaving *A for ST

LX lounges -- closed due to COVID and never reopened

T1 has UA Polaris Lounge and UCs

Print Wikipost

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges (SAS only)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Are you flying in J on UA? If so, why not visit the Polaris lounge instead? That is my plan when I do CDG-ORD-EWR next month.
nope, unfortunately just economy
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MADPhil
When you arrive on any international flight at O'Hare you must clear immigration and customs. You will then be land side and unable to access any lounges in T5.
You can access the SAS lounge in T5 with any boarding pass. I've done it. It's a haul and not really worth it unless you have a long layover with absolutely nothing else to do. TSA doesn't care.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
You can access the SAS lounge in T5 with any boarding pass. I've done it. It's a haul and not really worth it unless you have a long layover with absolutely nothing else to do. TSA doesn't care.
This was also my experience recently. TSA will let you through as long as you have a same-day boarding pass departing from any terminal.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by cubfan99
This was also my experience recently. TSA will let you through as long as you have a same-day boarding pass departing from any terminal.
Interesting. I assume that you can just walk back out, unlike Heathrow, and that you haven't left the US until you board.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Interesting. I assume that you can just walk back out, unlike Heathrow, and that you haven't left the US until you board.
Unlike most other airports in the world, you do not go through formal exit immigration in the U.S. to get to a gate. OP can enter T5 with a domestic boarding pass, but hardly worth the trouble.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Exactly. I had several hours to kill between domestic flights at ORD, so I took the tram to terminal 5, passed through TSA with a terminal 1 boarding pass and got in the SAS lounge using my *Gold status. Spent 90 minutes there and walked out of T5 and caught the tram back to T1. It takes some time to transfer terminals, but if you have lots of time to kill it's with it, IMO.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Also depending on hours, you can take a bus from T5 to T3 (AA gates) and stay inside security, walk to T2 and take bus to T1, or just walk to T1
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Unlike most other airports in the world, you do not go through formal exit immigration in the U.S. to get to a gate. OP can enter T5 with a domestic boarding pass, but hardly worth the trouble.
No exit immigration in the US. Which is why you can board domestic and international flights in the same area, like UA does at T1.

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Also depending on hours, you can take a bus from T5 to T3 (AA gates) and stay inside security, walk to T2 and take bus to T1, or just walk to T1
really are you sure? I know they do it the other way, but dont see why it would run airside T5 to T3 - anyone disembarking at T5 on BA (or AA) has to come outside of security, so would just take the train outside of security, and not a bus. Also, even if trying to do T3-5, my understanding is that you need a BA boarding pass to use the bus. I've definitely heard that announcement though not sure if it's enforced.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:03 am

Has anyone tried getting into the LX lounge recently with an international UA bp?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ual744777sta
Has anyone tried getting into the LX lounge recently with an international UA bp?
Shouldn't need international, just *G.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:01 am

I meant has anyone tried recently to go to the LX lounge while traveling just on UA?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
I meant has anyone tried recently to go to the LX lounge while traveling just on UA?
yes and why should that ever be a problem? UA*G is SAG ... so you have lounge access. LX does not care, they get paid.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
I am 1K and flying on Air New Zealand from ORD to Auckland in premium economy - Class O. What's the best lounge in ORD that we'll have access to?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 7:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mayday23
I am 1K and flying on Air New Zealand from ORD to Auckland in premium economy - Class O. What's the best lounge in ORD that we'll have access to?
How long do you have?

Your departure is from a different terminal T5 than the United Clubs in T1 (no Polaris access when in PE) and transfers to T5 from the UA gates is a bit messy at the moment due to an upgrade in progress to the ATS.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ng-2019-a.html

In T5 there are LX, SK lounges, only marginally better than a United Club --
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-reopened.html & best lounge to use at ORD Terminal 5

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 4, 2019 at 8:24 pm Reason: T5 lounge thread
Old Sep 4, 2019, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by mayday23
United club. Polaris lounge is accessible for business/first cabin ticketed passengers.

NZ departs from the international terminal at ORD (T5). No UCs there. There may be a partner lounge at T5 NZ utilizes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.