Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Boeing 767-300 Version 2 (30/184) - Polaris non-HD
30 Polaris 46 E+ 138 E-

AeroLOPA view: https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-76a

AVOID Polaris:
7A, 7L does not have a window.

Recommended E+ seats:
21DEF (middle seats) have extra legroom as an emergency crossover row. Note that 21AB and KL have limited recline.
22AB and KL have extra legroom but may be cold.
40AB, 41AB are crew-rest seats. If available (usually T-24), they have a footrest and extra recline.

Related thread
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cheaptom
We were originally in seats 4 K and L on the Version 2 config of the 767-300. Flight is tomorrow and I've Been checking for a while and those seats were still confirmed. Today I checked in online, and we were assigned 10 A and D. They definitely changed us to the Version 3.

I hate being in the row right before economy because of the restroom traffic, and I'm not pleased that UA switched equipment without alerting us and without giving us a choice of a different row. Like I said, my seats consistently showed 4K and 4L right up till checking in, then they switcheroo'ed us.

anyway, anyone with experience in row 10?
thanks !
If you are in a new Polaris aircraft, there won't be a toilet behind you. What I don't like about the even seats is that they are angled into the cabin.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by cheaptom
We were originally in seats 4 K and L on the Version 2 config of the 767-300. Flight is tomorrow and I've Been checking for a while and those seats were still confirmed. Today I checked in online, and we were assigned 10 A and D. They definitely changed us to the Version 3.

I hate being in the row right before economy because of the restroom traffic, and I'm not pleased that UA switched equipment without alerting us and without giving us a choice of a different row. Like I said, my seats consistently showed 4K and 4L right up till checking in, then they switcheroo'ed us.

anyway, anyone with experience in row 10?
thanks !
I've been in 10A, and there were no noise issues. As has been mentioned, the seats in odd-numbered rows feel more private because they are back further from the aisle.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I was surprised at how comfortable the seat was. I’d say it’s better, or at least on par with the new J on AA’s 77W. You have stowage space, I still like the gel pillow. The only thing I would complain about was the catering.

I too got the swap of the plane a day before. I don’t think there’s any advantage to moving into row 10 from what I could tell.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I was surprised at how comfortable the seat was. I’d say it’s better, or at least on par with the new J on AA’s 77W.
Yes, I ended up liking the aircraft and the seat itself. I would suggest to couples traveling together to get seat configs like 9A and 10A (rather than "next to each other" 10A and D. The reason is that the aisle between us made it difficult to chat easily. But if I were in 9A, I could easily just turn around and talk to 10A. Not that we gab the whole way....but just to find out what movie she's watching or what she ordered for dinner.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 4:56 pm

Economy Plus comment

For those that travel economy plus, just flew from ORD-AMS on this configuration with my wife in 22 KL. I sat in the window, wife in aisle. First, I think it is definitely and advantage for couples over the 777 due to the 2-seat configuration on both sides of the plane. Row 22 had great legroom. However, I do have to say that in the window seat it was VERY cold. I am not extremely sensitive to these kinds of things normally and I would caution anyone that is interested in that seat to be aware of the fact that the window leaks a lot. That said, there is enough room to get out of the seat without your seat mate getting up, so taking the aisle could work pretty well for a single traveler.

The middle seats in row 22 seem to have even more legroom. However, it is enough space that you might find people using your leg space to cross over from one aisle to the other. I saw that happen a number of times through the flight.

Other than that, I would say that the v3 767 is probably going to be my first choice rather than the 777 with 3-4-3 if I have a choice.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:51 pm

Looks like my plane IAH-SCL 12/22 has been upgraded to real Polaris plane. I would be thrilled. I've never experienced it. Only negative is being a little farther away from my husband but oh well. That config isn't really friendly to couples. He is in 3A, I'm in 4A. I like that he doesn't have to climb over me to get out. And (different plane 777-200) back from EZE-IAH we both have aisle access in the middle.

I'll review this thread, but just wondering if controls are much different between Polaris/non-Polaris? And is the video/media any different on the refurbed 767-300?

Will the soft product (mattress pads etc) be more likely to be available on a "true" Polaris flight rather than one with old hard product and new soft product?

What color is the mattress pad? I can't tell the difference between that and a blanket.

Last edited by zitsky; Dec 17, 2018 at 1:44 pm
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by zitsky
Looks like my plane IAH-SCL 12/22 has been upgraded to real Polaris plane. I would be thrilled. I've never experienced it. Only negative is being a little farther away from my husband but oh well. That config isn't really friendly to couples. He is in 3A, I'm in 4A. I like that he doesn't have to climb over me to get out. And (different plane 777-200) back from EZE-IAH we both have aisle access in the middle.

I'll review this thread, but just wondering if controls are much different between Polaris/non-Polaris? And is the video/media any different on the refurbed 767-300?

Will the soft product (mattress pads etc) be more likely to be available on a "true" Polaris flight rather than one with old hard product and new soft product?

What color is the mattress pad? I can't tell the difference between that and a blanket.
Your husband has the better seat: odd numbers are better than even numbers as they give more privacy.

The controls for the seats are very different. It took me a long time on my first real Polaris flight to get the leg-rest up. Even the FAs could not help as it was their first flight on a Polaris plane. Good that my wife who was sitting in the other aisle figured the controls and she came to my seat to tell me how to do it.

Mattress pads have the same availability on all planes but usually not enough for all Polaris passengers.

Mattress pad is white. No way you can confuse it with any blanket. One blanket is dark gray, the other blanket is light gray. Not only that but the mattress pad has the format of the seat so it fits exactly in the seat. The dark gray blanket is very big, the light gray blanket is smaller.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:03 pm

Thanks for that info. Really helpful.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
You also have to specifically request the mattress pad from the FA. It will be handed to you. The blanket will be rolled up at your seat.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:28 am

Is there / was there also a duvet / comforter?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Is there / was there also a duvet / comforter?
There is a duvet, which is either gray or white, and a blanket which is gray and white patterned.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
There is a duvet, which is either gray or white, and a blanket which is gray and white patterned.
That's why I was confused. White duvet. White mattress pad. I will ask FA for pad.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
That's why I was confused. White duvet. White mattress pad. I will ask FA for pad.
Ok, now I am confused.

I haven't heard it called a duvet before, and I'd be hard pressed to agree with that terminology.

UA provides a thin small blanket and a thicker larger blanket without request as standard amenities.
I prefer the larger, thicker blanket but usually only can use it early on in the flight, when the FAs have the cabin temperature turned way down as they are moving about and working and have set the cabin temperature to their liking.
Once the meal service has concluded and they want all passengers to fall asleep, they tend to crank up the cabin temperatures at which point the thicker blanket becomes too hot [for me], and I change to the thinner, albeit smaller version.

The mattress pad needs to be requested and is really only for additional cushioning. tried it a few times, but couldn't be bothered any more. Slight comfort benefit though, so worth a try for sure, if available.

Overall nice Polaris additions (pillows, blankets) but would prefer the thinner blanket be larger in size.
DaylilyFan likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by narvik
Ok, now I am confused.
I haven't heard it called a duvet before, and I'd be hard pressed to agree with that terminology.
It's a duvet. That's what UA calls it (Inflight Polaris) and that's the accepted terminology around here.

I've never had a problem with a too warm cabin on a UA long-haul . . . you just turn both air vents on full blast.
narvik and chavala like this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
It's a duvet. That's what UA calls it (Inflight Polaris) and that's the accepted terminology around here.
Well, I'll be...
Duvet it is!

I've never had a problem with a too warm cabin on a UA long-haul . . . you just turn both air vents on full blast.
Sadly that doesn't work too well on the 77Y!
Not quite relevant to this thread, I know...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.