Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Boeing 767-300 Version 2 (30/184) - Polaris non-HD
30 Polaris 46 E+ 138 E-

AeroLOPA view: https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-76a

AVOID Polaris:
7A, 7L does not have a window.

Recommended E+ seats:
21DEF (middle seats) have extra legroom as an emergency crossover row. Note that 21AB and KL have limited recline.
22AB and KL have extra legroom but may be cold.
40AB, 41AB are crew-rest seats. If available (usually T-24), they have a footrest and extra recline.

Related thread
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
How bad is 1A really? As someone 6'4 the extra footwell space is much preferred...and it looks like the bathroom is at least a little forward of the seat?
Old Oct 30, 2022, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
How bad is 1A really? As someone 6'4 the extra footwell space is much preferred...and it looks like the bathroom is at least a little forward of the seat?
I have no issues with that seat when available.
Wombat1 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 11:52 am
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
I flew this plane, ORD - LHR a couple of weeks ago in 2A, and a flight crew member moved into 1A a short way into the flight, set up a curtain isolation area, and stayed in the seat most of the flight
Old Nov 1, 2022, 1:00 pm

21 DEF

Do people tend to use the extra legroom in 21 DEF as an aisle and walk through there, bumping the people in those seats?
Old Nov 1, 2022, 1:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by henandpeck
Do people tend to use the extra legroom in 21 DEF as an aisle and walk through there, bumping the people in those seats?
During boarding yes
Maybe some when the carts are blocking the aisles -- a well place piece of luggage can help discourage that
kirkwoodj and henandpeck like this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 3:16 pm

IAD-LHR, Gold.

Short trip, so going to do E+.

My guess is that the 763 is better than the 772 because the E+ seats are two across rather than three across.

Am I thinking correctly?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by lamphs
IAD-LHR, Gold.

Short trip, so going to do E+.

My guess is that the 763 is better than the 772 because the E+ seats are two across rather than three across.

Am I thinking correctly?
If better = wider, then yes (from info I see online):
763: Seat width: 18.5" Seat pitch: 34"
772: Seat width: 17.1" Seat pitch: 34"
lamphs likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think others have said it, but the 767 is probably the best plane for being in economy. 777/787 are tight as UA (and most airlines) crammed an extra seat in each row. A330/340 is good too (2-4-2) but of course IA doesn’t have any.
lamphs likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by findark
I would assume so, yes. 1A and 6D were the blocks in the old (2-1-2) config.
I just noticed my IAH-SCL flight in a couple of weeks has 6D missing too, was trying to decide to pay for J or hope for upgrade and was wondering why the seat counts didn't add up

I flew SCL-IAH a week or so ago and yeah they for sure block 1A for rest, it had the whole big blue curtain around the seat for light too, looked a pretty decent setup for them

So will 6 D open up for upgrades then or is it already open we just cant see it??
Old Nov 18, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Booked into UA 23 on the 767 and the seat map shows a 2-1-2 configuration A/B/D/K/L. Is this the ancient Business First layout and are the D seats throne seats? Never flown on this plane.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by AsiaTravel2019
Booked into UA 23 on the 767 and the seat map shows a 2-1-2 configuration A/B/D/K/L. Is this the ancient Business First layout and are the D seats throne seats? Never flown on this plane.
Here's an article with some pictures... https://liveandletsfly.com/united-ai...-class-review/
Old Nov 18, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by AsiaTravel2019
B767-300s are all polarized. Most of B767-400 are not. I guess that you are on a B767-400, which has a single seat in the middle. I won’t call this a throne seat😀
Old Jan 2, 2023, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM
7A/L missing windows

Originally Posted by DCA writer
7A is missing one window, so it can feel a little like you're walled in.
Oh my gosh yes, I hadn't realized how much a missing window mattered in one of the odd window seats. I flew 7L on a 767-3 recently and I was in a little box, surrounded on all sides. Still better than Y but I'm glad I wasn't sitting there for 14 hours.

So: row 7 people beware, and remember to check aerolopa for your upcoming planes: https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-767-gallery
Old Feb 21, 2023, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Flown this config many times now, and prefer 1A and 1L for the "distance" from the aisle and the legroom, but any odd numbered window seat is great.

Unfortunately, booked short notice this week and my choice is a an even-numbered A/L seat (I've noticed those before, and they seem the least private) or a D/F seat. Am I looking right in thinking that from a privacy perspective F looks better than D overall?
Old Feb 21, 2023, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arma5
Oh my gosh yes, I hadn't realized how much a missing window mattered in one of the odd window seats. I flew 7L on a 767-3 recently and I was in a little box, surrounded on all sides. Still better than Y but I'm glad I wasn't sitting there for 14 hours.

So: row 7 people beware, and remember to check aerolopa for your upcoming planes: https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-767-gallery
Yeah I recently was in 7A on the daytime EWR-LHR flight. I knew of the missing window but didn’t realize the sidewall would be so confining (I’ve certainly experienced that in Y though…). For a redeye where you’re mostly sleeping it would be fine, but I’d avoid for a daytime flight. Unfort despite setting an EF alert it was the only odd A/L seat available other than 17L which also is missing a window but I don’t think it’s in as problematic location.

Flown this config many times now, and prefer 1A and 1L for the "distance" from the aisle and the legroom, but any odd numbered window seat is great.

Unfortunately, booked short notice this week and my choice is a an even-numbered A/L seat (I've noticed those before, and they seem the least private) or a D/F seat. Am I looking right in thinking that from a privacy perspective F looks better than D overall?
I’ve only ever sat in the odd A/L seats but the D seats are the same as the even A/L (all angled), and it looks like the F seats (straight forward) have a larger “wing” by the headrest that should provide a tiny bit more privacy.
ironmanjt and arma5 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.