Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Website Not Showing Enhanced Award Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Website Not Showing Enhanced Award Availability

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
Originally Posted by dayone
XN is still there for me when searching paid fares.
Correct - that's not the issue here - it's XN, YN, IN or JN (and perhaps some X?) are not showing up on award searches

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
XN is working fine for me. LAX-ORD in December, for example, is XN8 X0 and shows up as "Exclusively available to your as a Premier Member" on an award search.
I couldn't find XN on this route on an award search - I looked just now over a few dates; but system appears to be up and down anyway.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ermintrude
Correct - that's not the issue here - it's XN, YN, IN or JN (and perhaps some X?) are not showing up on award searches
Yeah, and adding insult to injury, the "Exclusively available to you as a Premier Member" language shows on the award search results even when they're not actually showing that inventory.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I guess I am in the minority. I hated "Detailed View" on award searches because there was just too much info that wasn't formatted well and took up too much space on the screen. I always use List View, sort my duration and/or # of miles for the trip and work from there. I don't need to see "details" on 99% of the itineraries I would never even consider in the first place.

XN is working fine for me. LAX-ORD in December, for example, is XN8 X0 and shows up as "Exclusively available to your as a Premier Member" on an award search.

Interestingly, I have seen X zeroed out on almost all the flights I was looking for in December. Luckily I booked a few days ago before this mess started. A wide-open LAX-IAD flight, for example, is now XN0 X0 while I am literally the only person booked on the flight this far out.

-RM
Are you sure it's showing up correctly? The problem isn't the tagging of "Exclusively available to you as a Premier Member..." We're all seeing that. The issue is that when you expand the flight details for one of those flights for which XN inventory is available, the system tries booking into HN. 100% of my award flight options are booking into HN or ZN, unless saver awards to the general public are available (X or I). XN, YN, IN and JN are not coming up as options on the award search, even when the "Exclusively available...." language is there.

But to take things a step further, the system does not even recognize the exclusive availability of YN and JN bucket. For example, if I search DEN-OGG on 6/2/18, the nonstop flight (1736) does not even show up, even though Premier and Chase CC members have access to any seat available in YN and JN class for the standard economy and first mileage.

Here's another example for OGG-DEN on 6/9/18. For both flights, it's only giving me HN and ZN inventory, even though the standard award mileage is shown. The second option has the "Exclusively available...." tag, but also just tries to book into HN and ZN inventory at the standard award level.
Attached Images  

Last edited by nddomer04; Jul 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Following up on my previous post, watch what happens on UA1430 when I change the quantity of seats from 1 to 2. The First Standard Award field is shows "Not Available" even though the flight is JN9 when searching by price. This is because the system is incorrectly tracking the ZN bucket, which is only ZN1.
Attached Images   

Last edited by nddomer04; Jul 12, 2017 at 10:48 pm
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by riphamilton
bad news! (if true):
Then why is a "List view" button needed if it's the only one and always selected?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN
I have sent several emails to web support...put it this way a gold and silver have to call in to book XN or IN inventory then get charged a phone fee.

Even known flight options at the standard level are not showing up. I am exempt but ua phone agents don't know about this issue.

I guess when ua announced dynamic awards they meant even the dynamic ability to book one too!
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by gusd
Then why is a "List view" button needed if it's the only one and always selected?
There is no longer a "list view" button. List view is now the only view.

ETA: There is now an icon that looks like a button, but it's not. It's simply a descriptive, i.e., you are seeing "List View" and that's your only viewing option.

Last edited by Kacee; Jul 13, 2017 at 1:15 am
Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by Kacee
might be wrong, but i think the fact that the information contained in 'detailed view' is still on the loaded page (albeit hidden, until expanded). perhaps this means that someone who has the talent to write script (@sbm12 and @jasonvr come to mind) could write one that essentially brings back detailed view.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by riphamilton
might be wrong, but i think the fact that the information contained in 'detailed view' is still on the loaded page (albeit hidden, until expanded). perhaps this means that someone who has the talent to write script (@sbm12 and @jasonvr come to mind) could write one that essentially brings back detailed view.
That's probably right. The data is there.

Though I think the missing award inventory is the bigger issue. At least five days and it's not fixed. Stealth devaluation here?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Halo117
I have sent several emails to web support...put it this way a gold and silver have to call in to book XN or IN inventory then get charged a phone fee.
The phone fee is waived if you note there is a website issue.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:17 am

ETA: There is now an icon that looks like a button, but it's not. It's simply a descriptive, i.e., you are seeing "List View" and that's your only viewing option.
Ok, let me rephrase that then. Why do we need a heading/icon -- that looks exactly like the butoon before in selected state -- that says "List view" if that's the only view, and there is no option for any other view?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:23 am

Ok, let me rephrase that then. Why do we need a heading/icon -- that looks exactly like the butoon before in selected state -- that says "List view" if that's the only view, and there is no option for any other view?
So it was a rhetorical question? That wasn't entirely clear for to me.

I'm not sure there's a logical answer to the question "why is there an icon that looks like a button if that's the only choice?" It might be, "because we forgot to remove it." Or, we're so busy trying to fix all the other stuff we messed up, we haven't fixed that yet." Or, "we're just messing with you."
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:41 am

So it was a rhetorical question? That wasn't entirely clear for to me.

I'm not sure there's a logical answer to the question "why is there an icon that looks like a button if that's the only choice?" It might be, "because we forgot to remove it." Or, we're so busy trying to fix all the other stuff we messed up, we haven't fixed that yet." Or, "we're just messing with you."
Yes, more or less a rhetorical question, sorry I wasn't clear. I was hoping, thought, that it's still there because the detail view button was not removed intentionally, and will be back. But your answers are also possible.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by nddomer04
Are you sure it's showing up correctly? The problem isn't the tagging of "Exclusively available to you as a Premier Member..." We're all seeing that. The issue is that when you expand the flight details for one of those flights for which XN inventory is available, the system tries booking into HN. 100% of my award flight options are booking into HN or ZN, unless saver awards to the general public are available (X or I). XN, YN, IN and JN are not coming up as options on the award search, even when the "Exclusively available...." language is there.
Sorry. In my haste I didn't realize it was still showing (HN). So the website knows which flights have XN available (because it shows "exclusively available to you...") but the flights are still pricing at the standard award level (25K).

-RM
Old Jul 13, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
At one point I believe there was a button that said list view that could be pressed with nothing happening - then changed to an icon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.