Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated MEX connection time/logistics/lounges-Domestic&International-UC reopened

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Also see - MEX Connection Times and Information international - domestic master thread

Since the start of COVID, the MEX UC has been closed. No re-opening date is known
Print Wikipost

Consolidated MEX connection time/logistics/lounges-Domestic&International-UC reopened

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA Silver
There is no Precheck after immigration at IAH, so GE doesn't get you too far if you need to connect.

Last time I was in the MEX club, the air conditioning was broken. Also was a little surprised you can't flush TP in club bathrooms.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by horse glasses
There is no Precheck after immigration at IAH, so GE doesn't get you too far if you need to connect. .....
There are rumors that they are adding (or already have added) a PreCheck line to the post-immigration security.

You can always exit like you are leaving, then take the escalators on the left at Terminal E, go up one level and go through regular PreCheck security there

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 11, 2015 at 6:14 pm Reason: adjust quote to clarify response
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
There is no Precheck after immigration at IAH, so GE doesn't get you too far if you need to connect.
Of course you can exit and then go to precheck from departures, which is what I did last time.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 7:18 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver

Last time I was in the MEX club, the air conditioning was broken. Also was a little surprised you can't flush TP in club bathrooms.
If your connecting and have pre check and if you don't have any luggage to pick up, you can exit out the arrivals hall door, up the escalator and you will find a pre check lane right there. Took me all of 3 minutes once I left the Customs and Immigration area.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Mats
The United Club in Mexico City is actually quite pleasant: very friendly staff.
Yeah I think this is one of the best UCs in the whole system. Nice space, wonderful staff. Self serve liquor for those who care about that.

Originally Posted by Hartmann
There are rumors that they are adding (or already have added) a PreCheck line to the post-immigration security.

You can always exit like you are leaving, then take the escalators on the left at Terminal E, go up one level and go through regular PreCheck security there
Bingo.

I believe there are reports that Pre is now open at transit security, though I haven't transited lately.

In any event, the main Terminal E security trick is a breeze. I've made it from deplaning to the Terminal E UC in under 30 minutes.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA 1MM (and no longer flying much)
One note about the MEX UC: it opens too late to be useful for some UA flights. Last September I flew MUC-MEX-SFO, with a 6:50am departure from MEX, and it wasn't open. I doubt that's relevant for OP's MEX-IAH routing, but am mentioning it just in case it is.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:12 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Nice club, with free cardio thrown in

We fly to MEX regularly, were concerned when they closed the old CO Presidents Club, but the the "new" UC is indeed quite pleasant. Be Prepared to hike, though, as it is located a fair distance from UA departure gates.

As others noted, no PreCheck in Mexico, nor preclearance. GE in IAH is a breeze, however.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by endrond
One note about the MEX UC: it opens too late to be useful for some UA flights.
Hours now listed as 5 a.m. opening 7 days a week. UC Locations.

Originally Posted by SeamusSA
Be Prepared to hike, though, as it is located a fair distance from UA departure gates.
But it's very close to where you enter through security. The issue is not the location of the Club, but the UA departure gates, which are at the very far end of the terminal (I always wonder if this is b/c UA is too cheap to pay for better ones). You have to make that hike regardless whether you use the UC.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: OVER ENTITLED United 1K 2MM HHonors Diamond ICH Club Platinum Marriott Gold
Star Gold Lounge

I was in MEX this week. I didn't see the United Club as I must have walked past it without seeing the signs.

The United gates are at the far end, but I noticed a contract lounge (forget the name) that was a few feet from the gates. It had a sign for Star Gold, so I went in. It was down the stairs, almost under the United Gates. It was modern looking and quite empty. Not the nicest, but better than nothing and only feet away from the gates.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Arriving with UA at 5 am and leaving with COPA at 9 am

I will arrive with UA early and have 4 hours layover, continuing with Copa to PTY.

1. In order to take the aerotren from T1 to T2 would I need to go through customs/immigration?

2. UA lounge is in T1 but is there a lounge I can use in T2. I am flying business with UA and Copa, *G and have UA club.

thank you in advance.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by keisari
1. In order to take the aerotren from T1 to T2 would I need to go through customs/immigration?
Yes, immigration and customs, plus a landside walk to the station. You need your CM boarding pass or printed itinerary, otherwise they will not let you board the train.

2. UA lounge is in T1 but is there a lounge I can use in T2. I am flying business with UA and Copa, *G and have UA club.
Pretty sure CM should have a contract lounge for you to access if you are a C pax.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
According to the lounge finder on StarAlliance.com there are two lounges that the OP can access but both are in Terminal 1: http://www.staralliance.com/loungeFi...=Copa+Airlines

Avianca and United both have lounges.

-RM
Old Jun 16, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by sailanacra
I was in MEX this week. I didn't see the United Club as I must have walked past it without seeing the signs.

The United gates are at the far end, but I noticed a contract lounge (forget the name) that was a few feet from the gates. It had a sign for Star Gold, so I went in. It was down the stairs, almost under the United Gates. It was modern looking and quite empty. Not the nicest, but better than nothing and only feet away from the gates.
Yesterday, I was in MEX and also could not find the United Club. According to the United Web site, it states the club is in Terminal 1, the mezzanine level, near Gate H. However, when I looked for the club, the gates were numeric. I could not find where the club was located. Just curious, where is the United Club? Is it past Gate 1?

Instead, I found the Avianca lounge (Star Alliance) which was near the departure gates.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:40 am

Possible to utilize UA Club Mexico City when flying Aeromexico?

Hey guys,

I'll be stopping in Mexico City on my way to S. America (flying Aeromexico) and am wondering if I would be able (time/security/restrictions/etc willing) to use a United Club pass during my 3.5 hr layover?

I've done some perusing on here and I've seen that I may not be able to get over to that terminal (T1 I believe?) having a AM boarding pass (with AM operating out of T2?). Anyone have any advice on other options if the United Club is a no-go? I'll be getting on a 9hr AM flight to Santiago so I'd like to spoil myself as much as possible in that 3.5 hr window

Matt
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Do you have a UC membership?

Last edited by JVPhoto; Jan 26, 2016 at 6:09 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.