FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Seeking 4 Business Class Saver seats anywhere -- suggestions? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1851995-seeking-4-business-class-saver-seats-anywhere-suggestions.html)

Allathompson Jul 6, 2017 8:44 am

Seeking 4 Business Class Saver seats anywhere -- suggestions?

Looking for suggestions on which airline you can get 4 business class seats using UA miles and or AA miles anywhere in the world. Thanks.

MSPeconomist Jul 6, 2017 8:50 am

If you don't care how many miles you pay, in prinicple, you should be able to use AA/UA miles for four AA/UA business class seats on any AA/UA operated flight where AA/UA is still selling four business class tickets. The seats just won't be at the saver level and this cannot be done on any partner operated flights.

Allathompson Jul 6, 2017 8:58 am

I would want saver level awards on partner flights. I typically see 1 or 2 seats available but not 4.

MSPeconomist Jul 6, 2017 9:06 am

You rarely see four saver business class seats offered to partners. Maybe a last minute booking on a very low demand travel day?

NoLaGent Jul 6, 2017 9:20 am

As noted above, 4 open at one time is almost like finding a unicorn.

The only time I've ever seen it is when I was looking into a South American trip and found 4 each on Avianca and Copa and this was right around 300+ days out.

Edit: If you see 2 you should take them as one booking and then do a separate waitlist reservation for the others. I've had this work out for me in the past.

sannmann Jul 6, 2017 9:27 am

Originally Posted by NoLaGent (Post 28526793)
Edit: If you see 2 you should take them as one booking and then do a separate waitlist reservation for the others. I've had this work out for me in the past.

I don't think you can waitlist for partner awards.

spearsba Jul 6, 2017 9:30 am

I got all four of my family saver business award tix from HSV through Europe to MNL, then through ICN on the return. A true RTW experience. The only UA metal were the in and outbound RJ's in HSV. The rest was on LH, TG and OZ. It was an effort though, more than an hour on the line with the 1K desk. The agent booked us two at a time.

rufflesinc Jul 6, 2017 9:35 am

LAX-ICN on OZ is one where you can see at least 4 in J nearly all dates, some dates even 4 in F

Kacee Jul 6, 2017 9:45 am

I don't understand the question. Anywhere in the world?

If there's award space available on a flight, I4 is not that unusual.

transportprof Jul 6, 2017 9:47 am

Originally Posted by rufflesinc (Post 28526874)
LAX-ICN on OZ is one where you can see at least 4 in J nearly all dates, some dates even 4 in F

Could this be because ICN is < 30 miles from the North Korean border? I'll bet if OP does get ticket these flights, there will be plenty of space on DMZ tours as well!

jmanirish Jul 6, 2017 9:51 am

BR has been fairly generous with J award availability through/to TPE (e.g. just randomly pulled up 7 March LAX-TPE, and there are 4 saver awards. Great product as well. And good to book before these go up in November.

rufflesinc Jul 6, 2017 9:54 am

Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 28526932)
Could this be because ICN is < 30 miles from the North Korean border? I'll bet if OP does get ticket these flights, there will be plenty of space on DMZ tours as well!

well OP doesn't have to have ICN as their destination, they could ticket US-LAX-ICN-asia for example.

MSPeconomist Jul 6, 2017 9:55 am

Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 28526932)

The DMZ tours are usually cancelled when tensions escalate.

flyingrohit Jul 6, 2017 10:16 am

Agreed with this. I find saver level OZ J class and F class nearly everyday on UA's site between LAX and ICN. I've taken advantage of these numerous times. I travel to BOM a lot, so one time for 140K miles, I got LAX to ICN OZ A388 F class, then ICN-BKK in TG 744 F class, and BKK-BOM AI 788 J class. 140K is not cheap for one way, but for what I got, it was decent.

BR also publishes a lot of saver level J awards out of LAX to TPE that you can find frequently. I hope this helps!

transportprof Jul 6, 2017 10:18 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 28526974)
The DMZ tours are usually cancelled when tensions escalate.

In that case, I bet there is very little space available on DMZ tours these days.