Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA MP Lufthansa economy award availability, has it changed?

Old Jul 1, 17, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know if something has changed with availability search for LH awards using United search and miles?

I have been monitoring the availability of first class saver awards on LH from FRA to LAX non stop for a couple of weeks and now United site doesn't return any awards results for that route? I usually see some economy awards at least, but right now, I see no award flights.

Anyone else noticed something changed?
Old Jul 1, 17, 11:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Plat
Weeks? More than 14 days? They don't release till T-14.
Old Jul 2, 17, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TennisNoob View Post
Weeks? More than 14 days? They don't release till T-14.
Forgive me for not being clear. I meant that I checked a couple of times everyday, for the past few weeks. When checking, I was trying to see at what frequency the next day flights were being released. I want to try their first class product, and wanted to see if it would be worth risking to book the flight the day before. It seemed to open up the day before on most days. In the worst case, the search would at least show the flight as bookable with an award in economy or such. But today, it doesn't even return anything.
Old Jul 2, 17, 12:21 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by ogmios2 View Post
Forgive me for not being clear. I meant that I checked a couple of times everyday, for the past few weeks. When checking, I was trying to see at what frequency the next day flights were being released. I want to try their first class product, and wanted to see if it would be worth risking to book the flight the day before. It seemed to open up the day before on most days. In the worst case, the search would at least show the flight as bookable with an award in economy or such. But today, it doesn't even return anything.
The best option is to wait until the desired booking class can be reserved. Reserving LH C is also a back up option.
Old Jul 2, 17, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
there are some severe database issues with the LH group right now. Wait for Monday to see if this resolves. Several of my booked and confirmed flights don't show up in any database right now and while LH shows they exist, LH and LX throw an error when trying to book them.
Old Jul 2, 17, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
there are some severe database issues with the LH group right now. Wait for Monday to see if this resolves. Several of my booked and confirmed flights don't show up in any database right now and while LH shows they exist, LH and LX throw an error when trying to book them.
Thank you! That is exactly was I was wondering. Thanks again!
Old Jul 12, 17, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

10 days later and it seems that the availability of the flights in general is very sporadically showing up now. Used to be that they would show up everyday for the next day and now they seldom do.

Anyone else sees this new pattern?
Old Jul 12, 17, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
for what it is worth, my missing flights are back, so the underlying issue is no longer there. Summer travel is always tough with award tickets.
Old Jul 12, 17, 6:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Used to be that they would show up everyday for the next day and now they seldom do.
If they were showing up every day, I bet some of that was phantom space. It's never been that predictable.
Old Jul 13, 17, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Cfischer could be right.

Kacee, I thought about that, but then checking Aeroplan site would confirm availability most of the time.
Old Jul 13, 17, 11:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Kacee, I thought about that, but then checking Aeroplan site would confirm availability most of the time.
Aeroplan has also been showing phantom space. Not as reliable as it used to be.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: